Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:02:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)  (Read 37206 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »

What's wrong with playing poker?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2012, 03:38:32 AM »

Hey Yankee, what's your opinion on Bacon King's attempt to recall me?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »

I have no opinion on the matter as of this time. I would advise people to follow the law as it stands until it is changed. If it such is desired, then I strongly urge citizens to contact their Senators that we may affect that change, through current vote on the matter in the Senate.

Hey Yankee, what's your opinion on Bacon King's attempt to recall me?

I think Bacon King has every right to his Constitutional rights as an IDS citizen to pursue recalls, as long as all the laws are followed in doing so. At this point, that appears to be the case and therefore I feel holding the current vote is legal. I do however think it is a mistake to have pursued this action since the "motivating action" was abandoned quickly (and thus I have voted accordingly), just as much as I feel it was a mistake for the actions that motivated him to pursue a recall, to have been engaged in. As Nixon once said after his fall, "I gave my enemies a sword and they twisted it in me..". In a contentious political situation, I can think of nothing more counterproductive then to hand such an opportunity to one's opponents. I would hope that all would take this opporunity as the learning experience that it is and move forward, a little wiser. That, and only in that situation, can I see any longterm benefit accrued those forgotten in these partisan squabbles, the people who trust in their officiesl to serve their interests in the most effective manner possible. That goes for all parties involved in this unfortunate distraction from start to finish.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well said, Senator Yankee. Well said. Bravo!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2012, 04:35:41 PM »

I must regrettfully inform you that the speech I had planned for this past week has been necessitated by unforseen events to be delayed until sometime in the coming week, but most certainly before the end of that so as to avoid the Christmas and Christmas Eve drop in activity. This office apologizes for the inconvenience.

Actually the venue screwed us and have given us a hard time about it.

Also, I wish to the condemn the laziness of the many Senators in regards to the substance and debate of several bills on the floor which are in need some corrective attention before they go to a final vote and yet such has not been forthcomming, even after public notice of such, and it is a sheer disgrace. I call upon Atlasian citizens to start flooding their PM boxes to show you how angry you are about it and to demand better.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

I wish to offer my deep congratulations to the victors last tonight on their triumphs and to the defeated for making it an interesting election. As for those who won, Hagrid, X, Franzl, Barnes and Spamage (or so we think as of this hour), your torment and despair shall both unrelenting and unprecedented for the next four months. Just remember, in the depths of your pain and anguish, that you asked for it. Evil
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »

Don't believe him for a second, guys. Yankee's a total softie.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »

First off it is not me who will be the primary distributor of the pain and suffering. Their obligations and duties will serve the primary role, which of course you wouldn't be aware as you have kept them at arms length.

Second of all, you didn't see the PM I sent Oakie and Julio back when they needed to swear-in. I think they would be a far better judge of my jagged edged personality then you would.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »

First off it is not me who will be the primary distributor of the pain and suffering. Their obligations and duties will serve the primary role, which of course you wouldn't be aware as you have kept them at arms length.

Second of all, you didn't see the PM I sent Oakie and Julio back when they needed to swear-in. I think they would be a far better judge of my jagged edged personality then you would.

The People elected me to represent them in the Senate.  That's an honor in my book, not a punishment!  Maybe I'm being too idealistic, but I'm looking forward to it Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »

The People elected me to represent them in the Senate.  That's an honor in my book, not a punishment!  Maybe I'm being too idealistic, but I'm looking forward to it Smiley

One hopes that such idealism will be spilled over into the efforts. So many times has such spilled over into disappointment through burn out in my day. Just like that other red OH avatar, his last two times have ended in rather unfortunate circumstances. His first was good though.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »

I wish to offer my deep congratulations to the victors last tonight on their triumphs and to the defeated for making it an interesting election. As for those who won, Hagrid, X, Franzl, Barnes and Spamage (or so we think as of this hour), your torment and despair shall both unrelenting and unprecedented for the next four months. Just remember, in the depths of your pain and anguish, that you asked for it. Evil

Indeed. I feel Dante's Divine Comedy is an apt description of my coming fate! Grin
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »

Humans (I picked this opener because I thought it the funniest),

Tomorrow as many of you are painfully aware is when the new Senate shall commence operations. I have contacted all the Senators (retained and incoming) about the exact time and when they should be available to perform their duties. As normally occurs in this situation, someone will mess it up. "Provisions" will be made to "deal" with such problems as they arise. Evil I shall also contact the VP sometime tonight as I normally do as a means to hopefully ensure a smooth transition.

As for the current incomp...er...incumbents, they shouldn't need to be told about what they need to do. For those vict...er...Senators who are leaving from our presence and only have a "short time left", we should take a moment to honor their service to Atlasia.

I will now take any questions that you may have.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2013, 10:13:12 PM »

Why do you think there is a lack of interest for the Internal Affairs Committee?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:28 PM »

Why do you think there is a lack of interest for the Internal Affairs Committee?

Are you referring to the performance in the 52nd Senate or the membership process for the 53rd?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2013, 12:05:13 AM »

Are you referring to the performance in the 52nd Senate or the membership process for the 53rd?

The latter.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2013, 12:32:53 AM »

It is slightly amusing that the committee I most associate with "throwing money at problems" has only attracted the interest of Federalists. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2013, 02:44:29 AM »

The latter.

Probably because they prefer another committee and don't want a second one that would involve digging into the nuts and bolts of domestic policy, like the IA would, on top of that other one.

It is slightly amusing that the committee I most associate with "throwing money at problems" has only attracted the interest of Federalists. Tongue

Shhh!!! Tongue Don't spill the beans now you fool! Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

Bumping this because I missed being the pinata (special characters cost extra) of the press and public.

A project is currently in the works that will restore my computer and thus my normal operations on here, and it only cost me $25. The downside is that it might reduce my activity this weekend, somewhat. Hope it works! Evil Otherwise, I will be forced to use my Windows Seven computer, potentially, which I despise. 

I haven't yet checked the Senate today (defined as running down the Noticeboard), but it is my desire to get the "corrected" version of the trial not turnout amendment moved off the floor and to the regions no later than tomorrow, preferably today.

Also of importance is the Labor Rights Act, which I want done, completed, gone by this weekend. SO VOTE MOTHERF@$KERS!!! (Preferably voting Aye! Wink).

Any questions?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »

The Labor Rights Act is dragging out into next week, which is what I didn't want to happen. I think it is one vote short of being ended sooner.

The confirmation process will be coming to an end for the AG nominee, tomorrow afternoon. I didn't anticipate it to be this controversial, but it is apparently. It is also one vote short of being finished sooner.

I brought up the corrective to a small office typo in the Spurring Skilled Immigration Act. I was planning to bring this up in the PPT slot a week or two ago, but I didn't want to use that slot until I was sure it would not be needed for another bill, which seemed possible at one point.

The Committees need more participation, please contact your Senators and demand better of them in this regard. That also goes for the GET Act, which needs some intensive throught to successfully integrate my idea seeking to help with regards to the issues of defacto segregation and the achievement gap by placing working to place the best new teachers in the most challenged districts. It needs logistical and structural creativity to integrate successfully and these students both need and deserve the best teachers the most.

Any questions or comments?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2013, 02:28:59 AM »

The Labor Rights Acts is finally done. Our long national nightmare is over. Tongue Wink

I put both the Game Moderation Reform Amendment and the Military Retirement Reform Amendment to final vote. These are big and important changes, yet they have garnered so little interest, and that is the best way to check for mistakes, is to have 100 eyes on them. Both of which are very important and deserve all the attention possible.

I have contacted all the Senators expressing my deep anger at the lack of activity on the part of many Senators, including people we have come to expect far better from. This cannot be allowed to continue and I urge constituents to start demanding better, especially from those Senators who we have come to expect more from (glances towards the North and West symbolically Wink)

We will now take questions from the Press and Public.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #220 on: March 02, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »

Party because our new President is a hyperactive busy body and partly because of leftover stuff from the last Semate, we have a rather large Senate queue. In order to ensure that this gets widdled down as fast as possible I have "developed" a "secret strategy" to get us out of the backlog.

Details will be forthcomming over the next few days.

I think this would be a great time to acknowledge the hard work of Vice President Duke. For the first time in several administrations, we have had a Senate shift occur, that wasn't disrupting to the point to cause a 50% or greater slowdown in activity and functionality. Now of course administration can only get us so far. We need to get the Committees back running and get a PPT elected (hopefully myself Smiley). What we need most of all is for all the Senators to be dilligent, creative and productive as this is not a time to let up or slow down. We have to speed up for the confirmation hearings and for increased load of bills coming down the pike.

Any questions?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »

We have seen the effectuation of part of my scheme and that has been to transfer the authority over three of the slots to regular management by the Vice President. Since Senate administration is primarily vested with the Vice President, this or any such division of authority requires only the VPs consent to occur. Hence it was so easy to do this experiment, for obvious reasons.

Speeking of my close working relationship with Duke, I have introduced the initial "non-text" of our joint Mental Health Care Reform bill. My hope is that by doing so will add some urgency to our work and set a timetable by which the beef if you will has to be completed by.

We have finished the TRICARE Act and have moved it to a final vote, which I hope to have over by tomorrow. This ended up looking far different then the origianl bill and I must say that I am very pleased once the bill had been shifted to a basic integration into the Fritzcare system, that Senator Nix took appreciated my concerns and together with our last two amendments we assured that this process has a structured framework to effect the integration. It is my hope that the Internal Affairs committee will monitor this, and that the responsible Secretaries will take note of their obligations in the bill and proceed accordingly.

On the matter of committees and Secretaries, the committees will likely be back in business early this coming week. It is my hope that they will move forward within their areas of responsbility, particulary the NSC and IA with the Secretaries of External Affairs and the Secretary of Internal Affairs respectively to ensure these Secretaries have plans for their offices going forward to meet the requirements that the Senate have placed on them and to make those public so that we can see in real time what stage each Secretary is it and what he does next. This will ensure that there will be less likilihood of them disappearing and their will be a clear understing of what that office needs to be doing.

We have had a few days of silence and that is how it always starts. The Committees must ensure that Snowguy doesn't become Morgieb and that Polnut doesn't become Dr. Cynic on us. There are responsibilities and obligations that these Secretaries have to fullfill and the purpose of the committees should be at least to ensure that the outset that such is in motion. This kind of close cooperation and interaction is merely the tip of the ice berg in terms of what the goverment should be doing as it pertains to these two offices, but this interaction is what will ensure that the other interactions are going right and getting done.

It would have been my preference that not only had these committees been going sooner, but also that there would be a sitting Game Moderator to work with them and get things moving in terms of the Game Moderation team. That is another interaction that will keep these people from going away and lord knows the last thing the President needs is to have to find yet another cabinet member he didn't plan on. If you bring people together as a team, set out a clear plan and then work tirelessly to get that plan enacted you not only give a sense of purpose, but you give thme a reason to come on a do "SoIA work" or "SoEA Work" or whatever. It is the same if it is the game moderation team working together, or the committees working with the chairman of responsibility. Or the AG and his deputy, plus a wiki commission and/or the GOR working together.

I don't blame either the President for the lack of a GM at this point or the VP for the slow start to the Committees, I don't care about credit nor blame. I care about getting the damn job and both the President and Vice President  have an important role in the process of ensuring these things function and I ask they proceed in a time manner. I say its time we have a Game Moderator, find someone, appoint them and lets them him confirmed and on the job. This administration has been off to a rough start and I don't envy their position, nor do I desire to add preasure to their situation (though technically I did help scuttle their primary legislative reform item, though I must say the VP is finding out how just how much he doesn't ever have responsibilities, everytime he doesn't come onto ten new IMs demanding he get something done. Oh wait... Tongue), but at a certain point a line has to be drawn, priorities re-evaluated and if necessary, a change so that the job gets done.

On a personal note, I do intend to respond to the Foreign Policy questionaire posed to all the Senators and have composed responses to 90% of the questions. Once that is completed, I will send it in so that it can be posted with the others. I know you are all looking forward to that.

I will now take any questions you may have. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »

Presser Time People Tongue Because we have losts to talk about. Evil

Oh, and before I get started, I want to congratulate Polnut on his election to the Senate and wish him the best of luck as he complete Kalwejt's term in the Senate. He will probably need it. Evil

So, any questions?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2013, 08:26:13 AM »

Have you considered joining me when I voluntarily commit myself to one of our new psychiatric wards if we pass that bill of ours in the senate?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies