The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 40100 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2009, 12:16:21 PM »

I am swamped with work and other commitments and will be unable to really do anything here until Thursday. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

I alwayd believed that in such case of posted leave, Vice President should automatically become Acting President.

I think some Senator may think about such amedment/.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »

I am swamped with work and other commitments and will be unable to really do anything here until Thursday. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sad

I alwayd believed that in such case of posted leave, Vice President should automatically become Acting President.

I think some Senator may think about such amedment/.

The Constitution already provides for this possibility. No such amendment is necessary.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:26 PM »

For the record, I become acting president under the following circumstances:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I do not construe Lief's above announcement as meeting the requirements of the "written declaration" specified in clause four. If Lief signals otherwise, however, I am willing and able to become Acting President as necessary.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »

I do not construe Lief's above announcement as meeting the requirements of the "written declaration" specified in clause four. If Lief signals otherwise, however, I am willing and able to become Acting President as necessary.

I think it's bad law.

Whenever President posts an official informatuiom about leave of absence, V.P. should become Acting President unitl President posts an information about return.

Yes, someone should think about that.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »

I think it's bad law.

Whenever President posts an official informatuiom about leave of absence, V.P. should become Acting President unitl President posts an information about return.

Perhaps I am misconstruing Lief's announcement, but absent his specific request I don't want to overstep my legal boundaries here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »

I think it's bad law.

Perhaps I am misconstruing Lief's announcement, but absent his specific request I don't want to overstep my legal boundaries here.

I was just telling this for future considerations
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »

In light of the events in New Mexico and my inability to really attend to matters here for the next few days, I hereby authorize Bacon King to serve as acting president until Friday or so.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »

In light of the events in New Mexico and my inability to really attend to matters here for the next few days, I hereby authorize Bacon King to serve as acting president until Friday or so.

So noted.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2009, 05:57:39 PM »

New Mexico is an indissoluble part of this country and acts of terrorism will not be tolerated. I have ordered elements of the Atlasian military to prepare for an invasion of New Mexico if necessary. Amnesty is offered to all members of the "Revolutionary Army of New Mexico" that have not been directly involved with acts of violence. This offer is open for the next forty-eight hours. While I am very hesitant to use force against my fellow Atlasians I will do whatever is necessary to preserve our Union.

-Acting President Bacon King

In an entirely different note, I am upset with GM Purple State for creating such a silly plot line. It's crazy stories like this that ruined the GM office in the first place and I'd hate to see history repeat itself. I would strongly prefer we keep matters at least somewhat realistic. However, that said, as long as you're still writing it I'll still be responding to this threat with the best of my ability. Just my two cents.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »

The CMPA opposes the proposed heavy-handed reaction of the Administration and notes that attempting to respond to terrorist insurgencies in such ways generally does not end well.

---

OOC: The GM didn't make anything up - the storyline is as genuine as things come in Atlasia.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2009, 06:25:01 PM »

New Mexico is an indissoluble part of this country and acts of terrorism will not be tolerated. I have ordered elements of the Atlasian military to prepare for an invasion of New Mexico if necessary. Amnesty is offered to all members of the "Revolutionary Army of New Mexico" that have not been directly involved with acts of violence. This offer is open for the next forty-eight hours. While I am very hesitant to use force against my fellow Atlasians I will do whatever is necessary to preserve our Union.

In an entirely different note, I am upset with GM Purple State for creating such a silly plot line. It's crazy stories like this that ruined the GM office in the first place and I'd hate to see history repeat itself. I would strongly prefer we keep matters at least somewhat realistic. However, that said, as long as you're still writing it I'll still be responding to this threat with the best of my ability. Just my two cents.

As I have said before, I am open to outside suggestions. As such, I was approached by an Atlasian and saw no problem with the story being presented. I am more than happy to take into account actions you, as acting President, may enact to address the matter (e.g. commando strikes, requesting top-secret information, covert operations/infiltrations, etc.)

What ruins the GM office is criticism of legitimate story lines because they don't match preconceived notions of "proper" news.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »

Congratulations for our Acting President

May death come quickly upon his enemies!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »

Er... Look, Mr. Acting President, I really like you, but hell, recent actions scared me...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »

I love you even more Mr. Acting President! FUN TIMES!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »

I bring the topic of Acting Presidency, so can I have my free beer now?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »

I bring the topic of Acting Presidency, so can I have my free beer now?

Of course!

I love you even more Mr. Acting President! FUN TIMES!!

Grin
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »

Executive Order

The Southeastern Region, though its passage of the Southeastern Compliance Initiative and the Recovery and Relief Initiative, has demonstrated its intentions to appropriately spend the money appropriated to it by the Regional & Local Fiscal Relief Act. I hereby immediately release all funds due to the Southeastern Region under the aforementioned act.

X Bacon King
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2009, 07:00:12 PM »

I hope Bacon King would run for President in next elections. He already proved that even while Acting, he tooks duties seriously.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2009, 07:28:08 PM »

The Atlasian Government is pleased to see such strong national support within New Mexico. I feel it is my duty to these patriotic Atlasians that we act to assist them as they struggle to regain control of their homeland. I have therefore ordered the Atlasian military to cross the border into New Mexico and begin securing the state. Noncombatant injury and collateral damage will be avoided to all possible degree.

I reiterate that my offer of amnesty remains in effect- I kindly ask to the members of RANM that all unnecessary bloodshed be avoided. That said, those who insist on remaining treasonous and refusing the outreached hand I have offered will indeed be punished as the law prescribes.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2009, 08:18:12 PM »

The Atlasian Government is pleased to see such strong national support within New Mexico. I feel it is my duty to these patriotic Atlasians that we act to assist them as they struggle to regain control of their homeland. I have therefore ordered the Atlasian military to cross the border into New Mexico and begin securing the state. Noncombatant injury and collateral damage will be avoided to all possible degree.

I reiterate that my offer of amnesty remains in effect- I kindly ask to the members of RANM that all unnecessary bloodshed be avoided. That said, those who insist on remaining treasonous and refusing the outreached hand I have offered will indeed be punished as the law prescribes.

While your action seems beyond my doubts to be nessesery, as NM is indeed a part of the Union, I appeal, along with possible military action, to think why RANM appeared and grew so strong.

We need to know the roots, not just fight the consequences.

Sincerely from Alaska State Prison
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »

Don't worry, the government is conducting such an investigation Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2009, 11:49:41 PM »

Well, it's based on something real Atlasians did, and this is fantasy politics.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »

I have now ordered Atlasian troops to move into Albequerque. I once again reiterate my offer of amnesty and hope this conflict may be resolved with minimal loss of life.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2009, 11:55:47 AM »

Legislative Agenda for Next Session

Apologies to Lief if this is a bit presumptuous, but with the new Senate swearing in tomorrow I have a few matters I'd like to see them discuss. I believe that even when only acting as the chief executive I still have an opportunity to help guide Atlasia's legislative process.

• For starters, the Secretary of Internal Affairs should be included in the line of succession.

• The Secretary of External Affairs was given the ability to be Deputy Game Moderator two sessions ago when Lief was on vacation and didn't have a chance to veto it. I'd personally like to see this removed because a single GM is more than enough. If HappyWarrior was using his power right now and both he and Purple State were talking to me it could get quite confusing. Just food for thought.

• The mission of the Secretary of Internal Affairs seems a bit vague. While I have been conversing with and assisting SOIA NiK over the last few days, the job description is a bit vague and could be given some explicit responsibilities by the Senate.

• I'd like to see the Financial Services Regulation Act strengthened; Senator NCYankee in particular has good ideas he proposed on the regional level in the Southeast that I'd like to see the Senate discuss.

• Section 2 of the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act decriminalized the possession of a number of substances on the Federal level yet didn't allow for the release of those imprisoned from these repealed laws. I'd like to see this Act amended to include something like Section 2 of the The Decriminalization of LSD Act.

• Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I'd like to see actual codified tax rates, even if making an entire budget is a bit impractical.

That's all. Nothing really controversial or anything, just typing up some loose knots more than anything.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »

Legislative Agenda for Next Session

Apologies to Lief if this is a bit presumptuous, but with the new Senate swearing in tomorrow I have a few matters I'd like to see them discuss. I believe that even when only acting as the chief executive I still have an opportunity to help guide Atlasia's legislative process.

• For starters, the Secretary of Internal Affairs should be included in the line of succession.

• The Secretary of External Affairs was given the ability to be Deputy Game Moderator two sessions ago when Lief was on vacation and didn't have a chance to veto it. I'd personally like to see this removed because a single GM is more than enough. If HappyWarrior was using his power right now and both he and Purple State were talking to me it could get quite confusing. Just food for thought.

• The mission of the Secretary of Internal Affairs seems a bit vague. While I have been conversing with and assisting SOIA NiK over the last few days, the job description is a bit vague and could be given some explicit responsibilities by the Senate.

• I'd like to see the Financial Services Regulation Act strengthened; Senator NCYankee in particular has good ideas he proposed on the regional level in the Southeast that I'd like to see the Senate discuss.

• Section 2 of the Comprehensive Drug Reform Act decriminalized the possession of a number of substances on the Federal level yet didn't allow for the release of those imprisoned from these repealed laws. I'd like to see this Act amended to include something like Section 2 of the The Decriminalization of LSD Act.

• Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I'd like to see actual codified tax rates, even if making an entire budget is a bit impractical.

That's all. Nothing really controversial or anything, just typing up some loose knots more than anything.

I feel, that perhaps an amendment could be made that allows the SoIA and SoEA to introduce legislation, (Not vote on it, of course), just a suggestion and open for debate.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies