Is industrial capitalism done for in the United States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:26:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is industrial capitalism done for in the United States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See above.
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Is industrial capitalism done for in the United States?  (Read 6965 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 06, 2009, 06:36:18 AM »

Einzige your optimism is as foolish as your attachment to the system which has destroyed your sad land.

The future is - many americans will live in violent slums without much employment of any kind.  There will remain a core of some modest economic activity, based on brutal exploitation of a very poorly paid (relative to cost of living) working class.  The model for the future of america is clearly to be found in the 'third world', not science fiction.

Look at it this way - the last 30 years have seen far more technological innovation than the previous 30, but what do we find?  Severe and ongoing impoverishment of most people since 1980, in contrast to fairly well distributed increase in the standard of living from 1950-1980.  Technology is nice, but it is political will that creates economic well being.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »

People still think "big business" killed the electric car?  How quaint.

Rather beside the point, too, considering the millions upon millions of americans they have killed and continue to kill every year. enormity of their actual crimes offenses.

Note to moderators:

I edited the above post because, though I think it is a standard and accepted tenet of Marxist thought that 'big business' does in fact cause the deaths of working class people, I was afraid it might be in spite of this be considered 'excessive hyperbole'.  Finally I also thought that 'crimes' might be a bit too strong, as in fact what they do is perfectly legal - instead I used 'offenses' in the sense that what they do offends (or harms) their class-victims or may be perceived as having done so.

Is there any way I could get some friendly and helpful feed-back (sans death points) on whether my thinking is correct here?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies