Is industrial capitalism done for in the United States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:14:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is industrial capitalism done for in the United States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See above.
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Is industrial capitalism done for in the United States?  (Read 6957 times)
perdedor

« on: April 28, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »

You are underestimating the ruthlessness of the American owning class. If desktop manufacturing ever so much as looked like it could realistically replace heavy industry as the driving force for production in our economy the threatened elements of the owning class would utilize their limitless capital to rid themselves of the problem (essentially what happened to electric cars in the 90s).

Your society could only exist after the destruction of the owning class, but is unrealistic as a means of riddance. Interesting idea though, I assume your model's ultimate end is anarchic in nature?
perdedor

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »

People still think "big business" killed the electric car?  How quaint.

I suppose you are about to tell me that it's was the omnipotent will of the free market that killed the EV1? I suppose the multi-million dollar lobbying campaign and patent buy outs by big oil was merely coincidental and also The Hand's will?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies