imagine being Coburn In 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:35:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  imagine being Coburn In 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: imagine being Coburn In 2012  (Read 4137 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2009, 12:53:51 AM »

just imagine being him while reading his posts.  imagine what it must be like to type those things.  whether he is 'for real' or not is inconsequential.  think about the use of 'time'.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:07:21 AM »

What's with the scare quotes around "time?"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:11:56 AM »

just imagine being him while reading his posts. 
okay, sure

imagine what it must be like to type those things.
whoa... just, whoa

whether he is 'for real' or not is inconsequential.
slow down man...

fuuuuuuck...

gonna go lay down now, that's enough for one night
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 01:14:22 AM »

I'd rather not think about things that depress my enthusiasm for life on a fragile night like this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:15:53 AM »

If you want a real laugh, try this thought exercise except with Stark instead.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 01:19:57 AM »

If you want a real laugh, try this thought exercise except with Stark instead.

OK, I am Stark. Hmm, McKinney doesn't like Israel. What a freedom fighter. Oh wait, she's a black woman Democrat. Head explodes.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 01:32:50 AM »

just imagine being him while reading his posts.  imagine what it must be like to type those things.  whether he is 'for real' or not is inconsequential.  think about the use of 'time'.

I disagree, I think it's incredibly relevant.   He gets to read the forum's perspective on the news and instead of pretending to debate/discuss it like we do, he cuts an obscene stereotype that..ahem..certain types of posters here consider a legitimate conservative perspective worthy of refuting point-by-point, even if one of those points is "Nancy Pelosi hates all non-Lesbian Americans" or whatevsky.  People get to "refute" him and he gets to laugh.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 03:10:43 AM »

The fact that his name is Coburn In 2012 makes me scared shitless to imagine being anywhere remotely inside his head. It's one thing to be on this forum and hear about how batshit insane Tom Coburn is, it's another thing to actually see how batshit insane he is. You know what's even scarier than that? He's a rational Okie.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 03:15:00 AM »

What's with the scare quotes around "time?"
Tweed is an intellectual, you see.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 06:05:48 AM »

LOL

No way. No. Way. I was about to post the same thing, word for word.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:18 AM »

Actually I spend most of my time working and with my family. 

You say my posts are insane then fine.  How is what I beleive any different from what conservative commentaters beleive?  If you listen to Sean Hannity or Bill Oreily or Rush, you are probably pretty close to my views.  Dr. Dobson is a good example of my positions on family values issues.  How is that insane?  It's conservative.  Face it.  You think conservative equals insane.

You all have tried to say I am pro KKK but I am not I hate the Klan.  You say I am a gay basher but I have said several times that the people who beat up poor matthew shepard deserve death penalty type punishment.  I just don't think the answer to these issues is to go as far in the opposite direction as you liberals do.  for example

I hate the Klan.  I think it is wrong to be racist against blacks.  But I don't think the answer to that problem is to start being racist against white people!  (Which is exactly where our society is today.)  I think it would be wrong if gay people got attacked by mobs just because they were queer.  That would be horrible!  But I don't think it's right to act like the preverted things they do, often involving children, are moral!!!

Just admit it.  You think conservatives are insane.  You tolerate moderates and you think liberals or marxists are the only ones who are sane or educated.

This forum is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO arrogant.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 10:34:39 AM »

If this forum is so awful, then you should leave this awful place!
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »

I'd rather not think about things that depress my enthusiasm for life on a fragile night like this.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 08:35:15 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2009, 08:37:58 PM by Torie »

Actually I spend most of my time working and with my family. 

You say my posts are insane then fine.  How is what I beleive any different from what conservative commentaters beleive?  If you listen to Sean Hannity or Bill Oreily or Rush, you are probably pretty close to my views.  Dr. Dobson is a good example of my positions on family values issues.  How is that insane?  It's conservative.  Face it.  You think conservative equals insane.

You all have tried to say I am pro KKK but I am not I hate the Klan.  You say I am a gay basher but I have said several times that the people who beat up poor matthew shepard deserve death penalty type punishment.  I just don't think the answer to these issues is to go as far in the opposite direction as you liberals do.  for example

I hate the Klan.  I think it is wrong to be racist against blacks.  But I don't think the answer to that problem is to start being racist against white people!  (Which is exactly where our society is today.)  I think it would be wrong if gay people got attacked by mobs just because they were queer.  That would be horrible!  But I don't think it's right to act like the preverted things they do, often involving children, are moral!!!

Just admit it.  You think conservatives are insane.  You tolerate moderates and you think liberals or marxists are the only ones who are sane or educated.

When you take the time and effort to make cogent arguments attended with factual data, you will become more respected. There are no short cuts to achieving that. It takes some time and effort, particularly when well, you are not an "old" with a repertoire of well, stuff to trundle out.

It is also a mistake really to personalize issues. There is no need for that, and it's ineffective because it deflects readers from any substantive content.

By the way,  I am a great admirer of Senator Coburn. Sure, he is not with me on certain social issues, but he is real, and honest, and not afraid to say the emperor has no clothes when in fact the potentate is butt naked, refuses to be a partisan hack, and is excellent on calling out spending to appease greedy and avaricious special interests. So your moniker in my mind is not the "problem" here.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »

here's them ind of ocburn in 2012 :

"Stark is so cool, i'm a idiot, Racism is equal!!! Black racism is baddd, but white racism is cool. Il ove Strom Thurmond and ain't afriad to admit it. kdfjdgfbb"
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »

here's them ind of ocburn in 2012 :

"Stark is so cool, i'm a idiot, Racism is equal!!! Black racism is baddd, but white racism is cool. Il ove Strom Thurmond and ain't afriad to admit it. kdfjdgfbb"

Lol, here's mine:

"f****ts are super evil, I remember back in the day when men light in the loafers were ran over by cars and beaten up and people applauded for it. Now days this evil debauchery is applauded by crowds of millions as "good". Tom Coburn for the win ONEONEONEONEELEVEN!"
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »

Just admit it.  You think conservatives are insane. 

I do.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 03:49:56 AM »

Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 03:57:59 AM »

If you listen to Sean Hannity or Bill Oreily or Rush, you are probably pretty close to my views.  Dr. Dobson is a good example of my positions on family values issues.

Excellent endorsement.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 04:07:33 AM »

If you listen to Sean Hannity or Bill Oreily or Rush, you are probably pretty close to my views.  Dr. Dobson is a good example of my positions on family values issues.

Excellent endorsement.

Yeah, really. My mother makes me listen to all those people & I'm more socially liberal than ever.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »

Excellent endorsement.

Yeah, really. My mother makes me listen to all those people & I'm more socially liberal than ever.

Haven't you filed your emancipation petition yet?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 04:25:30 AM »

Excellent endorsement.

I actually found a decent classic rock station, so there's a two-in-three chance she'll turn to that instead now. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »

Yet,  you stay?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 10:28:30 AM »

Coburn is nothing, if not a "giver".  He heard we were running low on O's.  What a guy.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 01:09:57 PM »

Excellent endorsement.

I actually found a decent classic rock station, so there's a two-in-three chance she'll turn to that instead now. Tongue

What station have you been listening to all these years? My dial is permanently set at 680 (though I occasionally move over to 1050).

That said, twiddling the dial is fun. Has anyone ever done it?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies