Game Moderator Reform Bill (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:54:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Moderator Reform Bill (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Game Moderator Reform Bill (Law'd)  (Read 3159 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2009, 07:48:47 AM by Senator MasterJedi, PPT »

Game Moderator Reform Bill

Whereas, the Senate understands that the Game Moderator is a position essential to the operation and performance of Atlasia and the Senate, the following is added to Article VIII, Section 2 of the Constitution as Clause 6:

6. The President shall appoint a Game Moderator with the advice and consent of the Senate.
a. The Game Moderator is responsible for providing the Senate and Atlasia with the necessary information to conduct debate and create legislation. The GM, at his discretion, shall provide information on wars, natural disasters, foreign events, and basic economic information including unemployment and inflation.
b. The Game Moderator may at any time be dismissed by the President.
c.  The Game Moderator may at any time be removed by the Senate by a two thirds vote, without presidential approval.

Sponsor(s): Sen. NC Yankee, Sen. PurpleState
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »

Bump, everyone seems to have missed that this is on the floor as well.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »

Bump, everyone seems to have missed that this is on the floor as well.

Nobody seems to notice my bills. Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:30:52 PM »

Supported. We won't have to wait for the President to do something to remove an inactive GM. Our last GM fiasco wouldn't have been as big of a problem if this was in place then.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »

The President should have sole authority with this position. Bgwah was a rather stubborn and unique case, there's no reason why the Senate needs to barge into a President's authority just because you lost a court cause to take over the executive decisions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »

The President should have sole authority with this position. Bgwah was a rather stubborn and unique case, there's no reason why the Senate needs to barge into a President's authority just because you lost a court cause to take over the executive decisions.

But if we are going to call this a meta-game position rather than an executive office, is there any particular reason why the President should have sole discretion over the Game Moderator as if it were another cabinet position?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 07:00:05 PM »

But if we are going to call this a meta-game position rather than an executive office, is there any particular reason why the President should have sole discretion over the Game Moderator as if it were another cabinet position?

As a meta-game position, it still must fit into the game somehow. This way we split the responsibilities between the President and Senate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »

As a meta-game position, it still must fit into the game somehow. This way we split the responsibilities between the President and Senate.

Yes, I know that it must fit into the game. The plan was to do so by treating it as a cabinet position. However, given how helpful the office, properly discharged, is to the function of the Senate, I do not see the special need of making it something that the Senate has no jurisdiction over.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »

Yes, I know that it must fit into the game. The plan was to dos o by treating it as a cabinet position. However, given how helpful the office, properly discharged, is to the function of the Senate, I do not see the special need of making it something that the Senate has no jurisdiction over.

We could always deny confirmation or remove the GM if he fails in his duties.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »

Full support. The Senate must provide oversight of all officials, meta-game or not.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »

Yes, I know that it must fit into the game. The plan was to do so by treating it as a cabinet position. However, given how helpful the office, properly discharged, is to the function of the Senate, I do not see the special need of making it something that the Senate has no jurisdiction over.

I'm pretty sure that we agree on this issue. I was responding to Senator Marokai's statement that we should not be barging in on the President's decisions.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 07:06:49 PM »

I suppose I'm on the fence here. I personally believe it should be up to the President as it currently is, and not really up to the Senate. But, I have no reason to make a big deal of my opposition. (And changing the law, I suppose, is the proper way to go about it if we have to.) Leaning towards just abstaining.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 07:07:32 PM »

I'm pretty sure that we agree on this issue. I was responding to Senator Marokai's statement that we should not be barging in on the President's decisions.

Oh then carry on. Wink

I suppose I'm on the fence here. I personally believe it should be up to the President as it currently is, and not really up to the Senate. But, I have no reason to make a big deal of my opposition. (And changing the law, I suppose, is the proper way to go about it if we have to.) Leaning towards just abstaining.

Fine with me.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 05:35:04 PM »

I tend to support oversight from the Senate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »

I hereby open up a final vote on this bill. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Aye
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »

Aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 01:48:36 PM »

aye
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »

Abstain
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »

Aye
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »

This bill has enough votes to pass. Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 07:10:09 PM »

Aye!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »

Aye
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 07:00:04 PM »

With 7 Ayes, 0 Nays and 1 Abstention this bill has passed. I hereby present it to the President for his signature.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 07:14:04 PM »

Eh, could someone explain to me how this is legal again? I'm kind of wary of amending the constitution like this.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies