Game Moderator Reform Bill (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:23:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Game Moderator Reform Bill (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game Moderator Reform Bill (Law'd)  (Read 3182 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 07, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »

The President should have sole authority with this position. Bgwah was a rather stubborn and unique case, there's no reason why the Senate needs to barge into a President's authority just because you lost a court cause to take over the executive decisions.

But if we are going to call this a meta-game position rather than an executive office, is there any particular reason why the President should have sole discretion over the Game Moderator as if it were another cabinet position?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »

The President should have sole authority with this position. Bgwah was a rather stubborn and unique case, there's no reason why the Senate needs to barge into a President's authority just because you lost a court cause to take over the executive decisions.

But if we are going to call this a meta-game position rather than an executive office, is there any particular reason why the President should have sole discretion over the Game Moderator as if it were another cabinet position?

As a meta-game position, it still must fit into the game somehow. This way we split the responsibilities between the President and Senate.

Yes, I know that it must fit into the game. The plan was to do so by treating it as a cabinet position. However, given how helpful the office, properly discharged, is to the function of the Senate, I do not see the special need of making it something that the Senate has no jurisdiction over.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »

As a meta-game position, it still must fit into the game somehow. This way we split the responsibilities between the President and Senate.

Yes, I know that it must fit into the game. The plan was to do so by treating it as a cabinet position. However, given how helpful the office, properly discharged, is to the function of the Senate, I do not see the special need of making it something that the Senate has no jurisdiction over.

We could always deny confirmation or remove the GM if he fails in his duties.

I'm pretty sure that we agree on this issue. I was responding to Senator Marokai's statement that we should not be barging in on the President's decisions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies