World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:09:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Author Topic: World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete  (Read 36253 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »

And the Serbophobia of some here is really astounding! The most pro-European leader possible in Serbia is derided because as 90% of the population he is against the independence of Kosovo (if he actually supported Kosovo's independence he would be removed within a week). And I find it ironic that the two stating this come from a country which held a grudge for 47 years for a territory with a non native population.

I happen to support the independence of Kosovo, and I know you don't. But I don't want to see you get all worked up about it, so we'll leave it at that. He's a good leader, and he isn't a fascist. I think I wrote this in my post, but no, wait, I hate the Serbs. He still doesn't deserve to get the title of best leader in the world. But yes, just because I say that, I hate the Serbs. Roll Eyes

As to your last statement, you might find it interesting to know that just because I come from a country in particular doesn't mean I actively support the policies of the government at all times and that I always fully support what some hotheads say. You're not one to make stupid inane statements, but that was one.
I felt that you were just fishing around for a reason to vote for him, and his position on Kosovo was just the first thing you thought to make yet another scapegoat to save Merkel.
I don't think he should win, just pointing out that it's a particular poor reason to vote for him. After all, he couldn't be a Serbian leader if he was against Kosovo's independence.
I didn't say that you supported everyting your country did, just noting the irony.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »

And the Serbophobia of some here is really astounding! The most pro-European leader possible in Serbia is derided because as 90% of the population he is against the independence of Kosovo (if he actually supported Kosovo's independence he would be removed within a week). And I find it ironic that the two stating this come from a country which held a grudge for 47 years for a territory with a non native population.

I happen to support the independence of Kosovo, and I know you don't. But I don't want to see you get all worked up about it, so we'll leave it at that. He's a good leader, and he isn't a fascist. I think I wrote this in my post, but no, wait, I hate the Serbs. He still doesn't deserve to get the title of best leader in the world. But yes, just because I say that, I hate the Serbs. Roll Eyes

As to your last statement, you might find it interesting to know that just because I come from a country in particular doesn't mean I actively support the policies of the government at all times and that I always fully support what some hotheads say. You're not one to make stupid inane statements, but that was one.
I felt that you were just fishing around for a reason to vote for him, and his position on Kosovo was just the first thing you thought to make yet another scapegoat to save Merkel.
I don't think he should win, just pointing out that it's a particular poor reason to vote for him. After all, he couldn't be a Serbian leader if he was against Kosovo's independence.
I didn't say that you supported everyting your country did, just noting the irony.

Oh, you're another one those people who think they can read my mind. Great. I love those people.

Haha, yes, it's ironic that I come from a country which did this and that. So what?
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2009, 04:54:38 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2009, 05:34:42 PM by big bad fab »

Serbophobia is voting for the Serb leader in round... 53 ??

I wouldn't say Francophobia consists in ousting Sarkozy and/or ousting him very early Smiley , but maybe I'm wrong Cheesy !
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »

Mirko Cvetkovic
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 02:34:04 AM »

Oh, in case it was unclear my post was a vote for Cvetkovic as well.

And this slavic nationalism is getting old (and decidedly weird from BRTD - "this is Serb land"? What kind of militant, nationalistic old-fashioned fascist mind do you have? It is amusing how obviously easy it would have been to made you a fervent supporter of a fascist government with just the tiniest bit of propaganda).

Even if he's the least fascist of the leading Serb politicians the fascist nature of Serb politics still makes him uncomfortably close to it. He certainly does not deserve to be on the list anymore.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2009, 04:37:59 AM »

Oh, you're another one those people who think they can read my mind. Great. I love those people.

Haha, yes, it's ironic that I come from a country which did this and that. So what?
[/quote]
It was just a guess. Sorry if it was incorrect.

I wouldn't say Francophobia consists in ousting Sarkozy and/or ousting him very early Smiley , but maybe I'm wrong Cheesy !
Voting for him only because he's against your favourite political project as are 90% of Serbs and practically all politicians seems rather unfair (even if serbophobe was perhaps too strong a word).

And this slavic nationalism is getting old (and decidedly weird from BRTD - "this is Serb land"? What kind of militant, nationalistic old-fashioned fascist mind do you have? It is amusing how obviously easy it would have been to made you a fervent supporter of a fascist government with just the tiniest bit of propaganda).

Even if he's the least fascist of the leading Serb politicians the fascist nature of Serb politics still makes him uncomfortably close to it. He certainly does not deserve to be on the list anymore.

How is Cvetcovic or Serb politics fascist? You know, fascist has a definition. It isn't just what you don't like.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 09:34:39 AM »

Finalists Round Fifty-Four

Australia - Kevin Rudd -eliminated round 52
Belize - Dean Barrow -eliminated round 50
Costa Rica - Oscar Arias
Denmark - Lars Lokke Rasmussen
Finland - Tarja Halonen
Germany - Angela Merkel
Iceland - Johanna Sigursdardottir
India - Manmohan Singh
Liberia - Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
Maldives - Mohamed Nasheed
Mali - Amadou Toumani Toure
New Zealand - John Key
Norway - Jens Stoltenberg
Poland - Donald Tusk
Serbia - Mirko Cvetkovic -eliminated round 53
Slovenia - Bohut Pahor
Spain - Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero -eliminated round 51
Sweden - Frederik Reinfeldt
Timor-Leste - Xanana Gusmao
Uruguay - Tabare Vasquez

Vote for the leader you want to eliminate. Most votes=eliminated. Voting will last for 24 hours.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2009, 09:44:45 AM »

Angela Merkel
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »

Merkel
JWHart

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -5.74

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »

Rasmussen
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2009, 10:23:29 AM »

Lars Lokke Rasmussen
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2009, 10:34:48 AM »

Angela Merkel
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »

Rasmussen
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »

Merkel
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2009, 04:13:47 PM »

Angela Merkel
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »

Lars Lokke Rasmussen
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »

Rasmussen
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »

Lars Lokke Rasmussen
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2009, 07:42:02 PM »

Lars Lokke Rasmussen
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »

Jens Stoltenberg.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2009, 02:36:29 AM »

Merkel
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »

Stoltenberg
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2009, 04:12:21 AM »

It was just a guess. Sorry if it was incorrect.

Voting for him only because he's against your favourite political project as are 90% of Serbs and practically all politicians seems rather unfair (even if serbophobe was perhaps too strong a word).

How is Cvetcovic or Serb politics fascist? You know, fascist has a definition. It isn't just what you don't like.
[/quote]

The idea that your country has an inherent right to geographical areas for historical reasons and the readiness to back that idea by going to war. Serbia certainly seems to have a quite aggressive stance towards the rest of the world. Their attitude to their nation, its history, their neighbours and their minority populations seems closer to fascist than anything else. If you want to call it conservative, nationalist backwards militarism I guess I'm cool with that too. Note also that in the context of this thread, where Rudd, Harper and Sarkozy all have been labelled as fascists, I believe Serb politics cuts it closer. Or do you disagree?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2009, 04:30:24 AM »

The idea that your country has an inherent right to geographical areas for historical reasons and the readiness to back that idea by going to war.
I don't think anyone but a radical fringe is ready to go to war in Serbia.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
That's untrue. They have bad relations with countries with which they have had territorial disputes and those that have bombed them. Do you find this surprising?

I don't think that Rudd, Harper and Sarkozy are fascist and Serb politics also isn't fascist. You still haven't given any evidence that they are fascist. Again, you don't like their foreign policy but that doesn't make them fascist.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »

The idea that your country has an inherent right to geographical areas for historical reasons and the readiness to back that idea by going to war.
I don't think anyone but a radical fringe is ready to go to war in Serbia.

That's untrue. They have bad relations with countries with which they have had territorial disputes and those that have bombed them. Do you find this surprising?

I don't think that Rudd, Harper and Sarkozy are fascist and Serb politics also isn't fascist. You still haven't given any evidence that they are fascist. Again, you don't like their foreign policy but that doesn't make them fascist.

Eh...did you miss the fact that they actually did? Like, only a decade ago...

And they have had territorial disputes or wars with every country in their continent except Russia (slight exaggeration). That merely underpins my point. This is an imperialistic country which tried to gain control of most of the Balkans during the last century. Despite them resorting even to attempts at genocide to uphold this empire it finally fell and now they spend a lot of their political energy lamenting this fact and scheming to get it back. I don't think fascist is that far off. But we shouldn't clutter the thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies