World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:02:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete  (Read 36407 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 31, 2009, 05:14:51 AM »

Johnson-Sirleaf
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »

Pahor
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »

Singh
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 08:08:52 PM »

Singh
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 01:51:45 PM »

Nasheed
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »

If Sigursdardottir wins this I'll be a bit embarassed. The woman has been in power less than a year and leads a teeny, tiny country that tried to get rich fast by reckless financial transactions and connections with the Russian mafia.
The time to not be at least 'a bit' embarassed passed a while ago.* The Maldives aren't exactly larger than Iceland... and what has Reinfeldt done? (Apart from leading one of the least offensive major conservative parties to a rare electoral victory? Mind you, with First World Conservative leaders, never hearing their name again after they win is the best thing you can reasonably ask for.) But, say, what, other than double the population, distinguished him from John Key?
But hey, that happens with compromise choices. All of these three reflect a reasonablish compromise. (Though the levels of reasonableness might vary. But quite frankly, after all the sh!t that went down, I begrudge you the pleasure of "victory". A little bit. But enough to motivate my vote. Tongue )

*India is a democracy, or sort of. But dead0man was on to something with that early vote against them based on Freedom House or whatever he used. It's hardly a very free and fair place to live in. And the INC must bear the lion's share of the blame. Last times' victory was understandable due to the surprise ouster of the BJP government, but defending the title would have been quite undeserved. My last two votes were actually tactical votes to get Manmohan Singh out.

Heh? And I really hope you aren't blaming Indira and Sanjay's antics on Manmohan Singh. Tongue
I would have like him to win if only because I wasn't here when he won the first time.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 03:54:50 PM »

I really hope you aren't blaming Indira and Sanjay's antics on Manmohan Singh.
Of course not. That'd be frigging daft, now would it? Smiley
But as long as deputy commissioners in rural districts are basically little dictators for theduration of their posting in the particular location, and even in a big city like Bangalore the municipal corporation is utterly irrelevant politically and the state cm might as well be doubling as lord mayor officially, I have trouble counting India a "real" democracy.

Plus, I've been reading too much Adiga recently. Smiley

Don't you dare insult India's bureaucracy. It's been their only competitive advantage for the last 60 years. Tongue

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies