Department of External Affairs (DOEA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:11:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of External Affairs (DOEA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Department of External Affairs (DOEA)  (Read 20869 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 11:30:28 PM »

As well as to see if anyone notices when I do or do not make changes Wink
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 11:13:42 PM »

Communique

The DOEA would like to say that it fully supports the actions of Columbia in regards to FARC and President Chavez and also that should President Chavez engage in any sort of warlike posturing or saberratling, Atlasia simply will not stand for it.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 01:07:02 PM »

Communique

The DOEA would like to say that though we are quite supportive of Columbia we do hope that they do not invade Venezuela unless attacked, though if Venezuela does launch an offensive we will clearly and wholely support our Columbian allies.

Also on a related note, if there are any interested parties the DOEA would support an expansion of the GTO with further coutries at the discretion of our own President and Senate, as well as various other foreign nations' governments.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2009, 08:48:19 PM »

The SOEA would like to at this time ask if any Senators would be interested in drafting a bill for the recognition of the nation of West Africa?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »

The SOEA would like to at this time ask if any Senators would be interested in drafting a bill for the recognition of the nation of West Africa?

Hmm?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2009, 09:26:33 PM »

Hmm?

Oops pardon me, Western Sahara, not Africa
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2009, 09:31:16 PM »

Can't the SoEA or President simply declare that Atlasia recognizes them?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2009, 09:31:28 PM »

FTR, I don't think the legislature should have to confer diplomatic recognition.

EDIT: Darn you to heck, PS.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2009, 09:41:03 PM »

I'm just going on precedence as with the Somaliland Recognition Bill.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »

I think Senate recognition is a nice gesture, but it is within the power of the President and his Cabinet to make such choices.

One of the most interesting parts about this game is that the President tends to wield disproportionately little power, even compared to his own appointees. Presidential declarations and executive orders are incredibly rare. Utilization of the bully pulpit is generally left to individual Senators. Even campaigning for the presidency is relatively low key. It is very similar to early American history, when campaigning for president was viewed as beneath the office.

It will be interesting to see when, if ever, an Atlasian President breaks the mold and revolutionizes the office in the same way Jackson did.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2009, 11:10:03 PM »

Porce certainly tried.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »

I think Senate recognition is a nice gesture, but it is within the power of the President and his Cabinet to make such choices.

One of the most interesting parts about this game is that the President tends to wield disproportionately little power, even compared to his own appointees. Presidential declarations and executive orders are incredibly rare. Utilization of the bully pulpit is generally left to individual Senators. Even campaigning for the presidency is relatively low key. It is very similar to early American history, when campaigning for president was viewed as beneath the office.

It will be interesting to see when, if ever, an Atlasian President breaks the mold and revolutionizes the office in the same way Jackson did.
not unless there is a Pres. DWTL
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2009, 11:12:29 PM »

not unless there is a Pres. DWTL

Hey, I could do it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

I'd do it, as well, but while I have the same level of opposition as Jackson, I lack his supporters Tongue
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50:03 PM »

Tomorrow I the SOEA will be travelling to Columbia to meet with President Uribe, Minister of Foreign Affairs Bermudez, and Minister of National Defense Lujan.  I will be releasing a statement in regards during my trip.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »

Tomorrow I the SOEA will be travelling to Columbia to meet with President Uribe, Minister of Foreign Affairs Bermudez, and Minister of National Defense Lujan.  I will be releasing a statement in regards during my trip.

I protest the absence of the accentuation on the names of the honorable ministers Bermúdez and Luján.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 12:13:46 AM »

I protest the absence of the accentuation on the names of the honorable ministers Bermúdez and Luján.

I've never known how to insert those. You better teach me before I write a story on it. Wink
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 12:16:27 AM »

I've never known how to insert those. You better teach me before I write a story on it. Wink

I was kidding. I don't know how to write them on your keyboards. I only know for ''Canadian multilingual'' keyboards (for French-speakers, in short)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2009, 12:17:39 AM »

I was kidding. I don't know how to write them on your keyboards. I only know for ''Canadian multilingual'' keyboards (for French-speakers, in short)

I feel like I would fail terribly if confronted with a multilingual keyboard. I've invested so much time memorizing my single language one.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:22 AM »

I feel like I would fail terribly if confronted with a multilingual keyboard. I've invested so much time memorizing my single language one.

That is still a QWERTY keyboard. We just have more things programmated with Shift+A number, Ctrl+A right key, Alt+A right key and Alt Car+A right key.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2009, 07:23:45 AM »

Why? The SADR ain't no Somaliland.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »

Is Atlasia a member of the UN ?

Which international conventions and treaties has Atlasia signed (and ratified) ?

Which big international conventions and treaties has Atlasia not signed at all, or just signed but not ratified ?

Thanks a lot.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2009, 09:17:13 AM »

Why? The SADR ain't no Somaliland.

Quite simply the fact that though it has been on the backburner for the past ten years or so, it still creates alot of tension between the Arab and African worlds and hopefully this will remove alot of that tension.

Is Atlasia a member of the UN ?

Which international conventions and treaties has Atlasia signed (and ratified) ?

Which big international conventions and treaties has Atlasia not signed at all, or just signed but not ratified ?

Thanks a lot.

I believe we are still UN members. For other treatys just look at the SOEA page on the wiki.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2009, 09:35:52 AM »

We are now covering the SOEA's trip to Colombia to meet with President Uribe, as well as Ministers Bermudez and Lujan.  A couple of hours ago they went into the Presidential Office here in Bogota after spending an hour or so inspecting the troops garisoned on the Colombia/Venezuela border.  They are supposed to be coming out any moment to make a press conference.  And there they are.  SOEA HappyWarrior will be the first to make a speech it seems:

Hello everyone and welcome.  I am happy to be here in the great nation of Colombia, even if today it is under dire circumstances.  President Uribe has agreed that now is not a time for war, and though he will not draw down the troops stationed at the border, fearing the recently bellicose actions and speeches by President Chavez, he will not himself invade Venezuela himself.  However, should Chavez try to invade Columbia, we shall not hesitate to aid Columbia, after all they are our allies in the WTO and Atlasia and President Lief's administration will always stand by our allies. 

The time has come for Atlasia to truly stand up and be counted among the nations of the world.  In recent years we have retreated into our own bubble and now is the time to become the international nation we once were, without yielding our own values and hopes.  President Uribe and I stand together in this and in his own current conflict.  Now my friends I hope that President Chavez will back down from his threats as well as his support for the FARC terrorists, becuase if not I am sure it will not end welll for him or for Venezuela.

That is all for today my friends.  If President Uribe would like to speak the floor is open.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2009, 11:41:20 AM »

Communique:

Should the GTO Expansion bill be passed I do plan on making a trip to as many of the incoming countries as possible to personally congratulate the leaders, as well as to help negotiate on their entrance into the treaty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies