Bush busted on the timber revenue
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:19:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bush busted on the timber revenue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush busted on the timber revenue  (Read 7012 times)
RN
Nixon
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 09:15:56 AM »

Another Tshirt/bumper sticker idea-
W. stands for Wood.
shankbear

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 09:21:30 AM »

wood....as in Bush took sKerry to the woodshed.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 11:43:13 AM »

the woodshed in the Hill is evil.  we should burn it down with the party bosses inside.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2004, 12:03:54 PM »

He doesn't "own" a timber company. That's like saying my friend owns Microsoft.

Attacking Bush for "owning" a timber company that he made a wopping EIGHT SEVEN dollars off of is a joke.

Phil, he didn't say he owns a timber company.  In fact, that was the whole point!  Under Bush's definition of a small business, an individual who gets as little as $84 from a small timber stock could get a small business exemption under Bush.
Pollwatch99

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2004, 12:25:28 PM »

He doesn't "own" a timber company. That's like saying my friend owns Microsoft.

Attacking Bush for "owning" a timber company that he made a wopping EIGHT SEVEN dollars off of is a joke.

Phil, he didn't say he owns a timber company.  In fact, that was the whole point!  Under Bush's definition of a small business, an individual who gets as little as $84 from a small timber stock could get a small business exemption under Bush.

That dog will not hunt.  Please send emails to Kerry/Edwards to make this a centerpiece of their campaign
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2004, 12:36:01 PM »

I do some independent IT contracting.  I don't have any employees nor do I have any plans to hire any.  But according to George W Bush I deserve an exemption as a small business.
Pollwatch99

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2004, 12:38:39 PM »

I do some independent IT contracting.  I don't have any employees nor do I have any plans to hire any.  But according to George W Bush I deserve an exemption as a small business.

So you are a subchapter S corp that doesn't plan to grow.  That means other subchapter S corps that do hire employees should have less revenue to hire people?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2004, 01:10:59 PM »

So you are a subchapter S corp that doesn't plan to grow.  That means other subchapter S corps that do hire employees should have less revenue to hire people?

Bush's definition opens a tax loophole for wealthy individuals.  And Bush's claim of this impacting 900,000 small businesses is erroneous.  According to the Dick Cheney endorsed website, factcheck.org, the actual number of small employers impacted is 471,000.  This is nothing when you consider that there are approximately 33 MILLION small businesses in America.  AND, Kerry's plan for small businesses includes targeted tax cuts which would specifically benefit them (more than making up for closing the Bush tax loophole).

Here's my source:

http://factcheck.asc.upenn.edu/article.aspx?docid=265
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies