PA 6 is now open. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:01:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 6 is now open. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA 6 is now open.  (Read 5999 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« on: July 14, 2009, 11:42:21 PM »

I still have my Lois Murphy sign hanging on my wall Cheesy

HP

Tongue

This isn't lean anything yet unless Dinniman runs.

Its tossup/tilt Democratic.  Just look at the Obama vote in the district, 58%-41%. 

And that was 2008. Believe it or not, guys, but never every election will be like that! Also, it was a Presidential election year with Barack Obama leading the ticket. Guess who won't be leading the ticket in 2010. Guess how low turnout will be.

Don't tell me it's "tilt Democratic" when you don't even know who the Dems are running.

It is an increasingly Dem district.  Even in bad years like 2002 and 2004, Democrats came within a whisker of picking up the seat before it had trended more Democratic. 

So why couldn't they in good years like 2006 and 2008?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 12:07:41 AM »

I still have my Lois Murphy sign hanging on my wall Cheesy

HP

Tongue

This isn't lean anything yet unless Dinniman runs.

Its tossup/tilt Democratic.  Just look at the Obama vote in the district, 58%-41%. 

And that was 2008. Believe it or not, guys, but never every election will be like that! Also, it was a Presidential election year with Barack Obama leading the ticket. Guess who won't be leading the ticket in 2010. Guess how low turnout will be.

Don't tell me it's "tilt Democratic" when you don't even know who the Dems are running.

It is an increasingly Dem district.  Even in bad years like 2002 and 2004, Democrats came within a whisker of picking up the seat before it had trended more Democratic. 

So why couldn't they in good years like 2006 and 2008?

Gerlach worked the district very hard and was well liked. 

And Democrats couldn't why? I mean, Chris Shays worked the district very hard and was well liked. Rob Simmons worked the district very hard and was well liked.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »

but at this point it is a Dem leaning district.

Tell me a few things about the potential Dem candidates, Smash.

I'll admit I don't know that much about the potential candidates.  However, I was talking about the overall political makeup of the district which favors the Dems.  Until we know more about the potential candidates and who they are you can't make any concrete predictions on the race.  However, you can talk about the overall structure of the district, and which side that favors, which is what I was doing.

Political make-up =/= favoring one side or the other
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies