Protest for new management of the ConCon. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:06:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Protest for new management of the ConCon. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protest for new management of the ConCon.  (Read 14580 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 16, 2009, 02:13:40 PM »

I'll post once in my defense and attempt to clarify the cases Marokai mentions. After that, I will be happy to initiate a vote for my removal as two delegates (bgwah and Max) have seconded the motion (I assume you meant to bring such a motion Marokai?).

First, the instance in which no quorum was met, yet an amendment was passed, was on an informal proposal, one that I had concocted. My intent was to amend those thoughts based on the wishes of the delegates in order to find some sort of compromise. As it was an unofficial proposal (i.e. not one introduced by a delegate), my discretion dictated no quorum was necessary. It was as if I simply posted my thoughts and asked others to comment, albeit slightly more democratically. In addition, the changes were not ones that I agreed with (at all), so to say that I simply want my agenda passed is a flimsy case to make.

As to the general running of the Convention, I would have loved it if I was simply able to bring delegate proposals to the floor for votes and carry forward the Convention directed by the delegates. Unfortunately, hardly any independent actions or proposals were initiated by delegates. The Convention carried on for too long without any actual concrete proposals from delegates themselves. In fact, delegates deemed it appropriate to simply state their views and leave it to me to write that all up as something coherent (might I add despite my persistent pleas that you present formal proposals and motions on your own). That forced me to take part in actually writing most of the proposals myself, a time consuming action that was never meant to be part of my job description.

It also became necessary, just to promote participation by delegates, to introduce proposals and then wait for reactionary thoughts and proposals. Without the faux-"controversy" that I, at times, initiated, nothing would have been done here. I am proud that, through consistent pressure, we were able to craft almost a complete proposal in the Parliamentary Bicameralism thread before rampant inactivity sidelined those efforts.

As I will not be stepping down, if you still wish to remove me simply post a formal motion in this thread so that I can be sure of your intent and I will bring it to a vote. Otherwise, I will entertain any formal motion you provide to initiate debate or vote on a proposal.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:55:10 PM »

Alright, I bring the motion to dismiss the Presiding Officer to a vote. Please vote Aye, No or Abstain. This vote shall last for 48 hours.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 05:27:32 AM »

Final Vote Tally
Aye = 5
Nay = 3
Abstain = 1

Quorum: No (9<10)
Motion: FAILED
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 12:27:44 AM »

I'm glad you remember to follow the rules when it saves your ass Wink

Although a motion to end the Convention is at vote, I welcome you to introduce proposals that are fully written out. Perhaps we could end this with some concrete ideas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies