2010 senate prediction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:46:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  2010 senate prediction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many seats will the GOP have?
<35

36-40

41-45

46-50

>50

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: 2010 senate prediction  (Read 68936 times)
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« on: July 16, 2009, 09:45:52 AM »

If Obama's approval will be between 45-50 pc, the unemployment rate hits the 11 pc, the stimulus,which is unpopular, is the n°1 issue, COULD THE GOP win the majority in the senate or at least win seats?
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »

Schumer wins in NY but Pataki won agains Gillibrand

Composition of the senate:
Dems -51
GOP - 47
I- 2
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 12:30:01 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2009, 04:14:20 PM by Elvis Republican »

Too early, ask again in a few months.

Well it's just a scenario.
IMO if Obama and the democratic congress aren't successfull, the GOP could win back the senate in 2012.It will be really likely for the GOP to gain seats.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »

IMO if Obama and the democratic congress aren't successfull, the GOP could win back the senate in 2012.It will be really positive for the GOP to gain seats.

How old are you?

16. Why?
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 04:23:32 AM »

Republicans win in CO, DE, IL and pull off a huge surprise in WI

Democrats pick up MO

How would Russell Feingold lose in 2010 considering his approval ratings?

And all these predictions assume that the Republican party doesn't die like the Whigs.

The assumption that the Republican Party will die like the Whigs is as bad as Elvis Republican thinking we can regain the Senate in 2010. The Whigs were a National Party evenly split between an Abolitionist northern wing and pro-slavery southern wing. The GOP divide is not so even, its more like a 70-30 split between conservatives and moderates and its becoming less and less national. A better comparison would be the Federalists, I don't know who keeps coming up with the Whig comparison, but they need there head examined.

The GOP will in the best case scenario have about 41-44 seats. Right now I see us losing MO; narrowly holding NC, KY, and LA; narrowly winning CT and narrowly losing in PA and ILL. I see OH and NH as toss-ups. I also see seats in NV, and CO as being potentially competative provided we find a candidate or the guy we got turns out to be a really good candidate. Lastly I see us easily holding open seats in FL and KS.

I never said 2010 I said 2012 or maybe 2014 ... or never.2010 is IMPOSSIBLE my map was the best map possible for the gop the worst is the gop losing 5-6 seats ...
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 04:24:46 AM »

IMO if Obama and the democratic congress aren't successfull, the GOP could win back the senate in 2012.It will be really positive for the GOP to gain seats.

How old are you?

16. Why?

to lose, what, 11 seats and gain 0 in a year where the Democrats are largely on the offensive is just ridiculous, that's why he asked.  How many seats is the GOP even targeting in the most fortunate of scenarios?

obviously 2012 could be far more brutal than 2010 for the Democrats, considering the number of potentially vulnerable Democrats up for reelection. 

Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »

The topic creater should have given us the option to change our vote.
lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies