Protest to end the ConCon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Protest to end the ConCon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protest to end the ConCon  (Read 10536 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: July 16, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »

Since it's petition/angerangeranger/protest season 'round these parts these days, I throw my hat into the ring with a real protest.

Let's end this thingee. Firstly, the voters don't care. Secondly, the delegates don't care at all. Thirdly, we won't get anything useful, let alone real reform out of this experiment. If you're still interested in doing your minor tweaks to this system, do it in the Senate or something. Real reform is impossible due, primarily, to the omnipotence of the anti-reformist mindset around here. People, face it, this thing isn't going anywhere. What do you expect out of it, if anything? Let's call it a day for this thingee. Be done, ConCon.

x Hashemite
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »

People, including yourself, complain about wanting reform but you've got to realize it's not a matter of what we want here, but a matter of what would pass a referendum and what makes sense. We shouldn't propose something just for the hell of it, and we shouldn't propose something that's doomed from the beginning.

Roll Eyes lol. Which planet have you been on lately? I still want reform, and I still am a defender of a parliamentary system. However, in case you haven't noticed, I've given up defending that idea a long time ago since I knew it was doomed, just as I and others gave up on universalism. If anybody has realized that what matters in this little failed experiment is what the voters want and not what our ideals tell us, it's definitely me.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:06:46 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies