Protest to end the ConCon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:34:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Protest to end the ConCon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protest to end the ConCon  (Read 10506 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 16, 2009, 11:57:56 PM »
« edited: July 17, 2009, 12:42:22 AM by Senator Purple State »

Okay, because this has sufficient support, I bring the motion to end the Convention to a vote of all delegates. This vote shall last for two weeks. Please vote Aye, No or Abstain. Those who do not vote after that time shall be considered a vote in the affirmative.

Rules of Order pertaining to the motion:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:41:08 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2009, 12:42:48 AM by Senator Purple State »

Okay, because this has sufficient support, I bring the motion to end the Convention to a vote of all delegates. This vote shall last for two weeks. Please vote Aye, No or Abstain. Those who do not vote after that time shall be considered a vote in the affirmative.

?!?!?!!?

Strong Nay from me.

It is in the Rules of Order. I didn't just make it up. I have edited the post with the pertinent clause to make that clearer. My apologies.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:08:26 PM »

It is at a vote and I hesitate to initiate any further debate until this motion is resolved. But I am still PO.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »

Final Vote
Aye = 18 (6 + 12 no votes)
Nay = 2

The Convention is hereby brought to a close. Thank you to everyone who participated and worked hard to work for a better Atlasia.

While the Convention did not produce any substantive proposal that could be passed by the delegates, it certainly brought excellent debate and renewed spirit to the game. My only regret is not that we could not form a new system of governance, but that the discussions became less than cordial. If anything, this Convention has served the game well by bringing new ideas to the table and developing solid thoughts about future game reform.

It is my hope that the dialogue sparked here will continue to spur Atlasia into a new Golden Age and a renaissance of game play. I applaud you all for the hard work during the past few months and I look forward to continuing these discussions.

Thank you,
~Presiding Officer Purple State
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies