Protest to end the ConCon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:21:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Protest to end the ConCon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protest to end the ConCon  (Read 10463 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »

I really wanted something out of this Convention, I still do, but there comes a point where all the "reform" is unnecessary garbage proposed just for the hell of it. The "House of Representatives" idea was basically like that.

I really wish we could at the very least compile all the passed amendments into the Constitution and rewrite it all to accommodate them, but no one apparently just wants to do that. People, including yourself, complain about wanting reform but you've got to realize it's not a matter of what we want here, but a matter of what would pass a referendum and what makes sense. We shouldn't propose something just for the hell of it, and we shouldn't propose something that's doomed from the beginning.

I would love a Council of Governors to make regional executives more exciting, but no one wants to do this. I want to rewrite and proof-read the constitution, but no one wants to do that either. We have an all-or-nothing mindset here that is very unfortunate.

I won't sign this, but I'm quite disappointed.

Don't forget that, as a Senator, you can introduce amendments to achieve those reforms.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »

Soooooooo... is the ConCon over then?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies