California voter demographics by county (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:54:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  California voter demographics by county (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California voter demographics by county  (Read 31506 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: July 17, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »

Good stuff. Please do continue.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »

Jews in lightly populated conservative counties where they are few in number percentage wise as well, would seem to have blended in, haven't they? Granted the sample error is large for such a small one, but so far, it seems to be a consistent pattern. I guess the real test will be when we see what the Jewish numbers are in Orange County, which has about 150,000 Jews.

The Jewish numbers in Kern County are pretty extraordinary. Maybe they are Jews 4 Jesus?

I am skeptical of these numbers. They claim that all these "hick" counties are 3-4% jewish while marin having far higher % than LA. These numbers are way off.

The self-provided voter identifications are wrong?  How?  Tongue

I mean, Los Angeles County passed Proposition 8.  Obviously, it's not all WASPs and Jews.  Marin having the highest percentage of Jews seems very reasonable to me.  It's an almost uniformly affluent county.  LA County ain't.

Unless I fundamentally misunderstand how they collected this information, I don't know how they could possibly be off.  Jews in L.A. lie more?  "Everyone in L.A. lies more!"

Edit: That or the ethnic abbreviation "jew" stands for something other than Jews.  I still have no idea why CA would track Jews but not blacks.  Mysteries all-around.

I HAVE BEEN UP IN MARIN AND LIVED IN THE IN LA MOST MY LIFE AND COULDN'T NOTICE IT UNLESS THEY ARE A LOT BETTER ASSIMILATED THAN THE ONCES IN LA. I STILL THINK THE NUMBERS FOR A LOT OF COUNTIES ARE WAY EXAGGERATED.

I am pretty sure you don't mix with blacks, hispanics and asians who make up the vast majority of the population of LA county. So among the people you do interact with, Jews make up a significant part of the population (this is assuming most jews are white and I think that assumption is reasonable to make). Also Marin county is a mostly white, rich and liberal place just north of the city. Why is it surprising if 8% of them are jews?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies