If You Were Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:09:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If You Were Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would You Stark Taking Regular Spanish Lessons?  Maybe every day?
Yes - regular Spanish lessons

No - don't want to be cheesy/no need/whatever

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: If You Were Mitt Romney  (Read 3444 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 03:26:44 AM »

I don't know how much of his French he remembers, he certainly spent two years in Paris and I have to imagine that once he picks up the general lilt of a romance language, that that lilt is hard to forget, even if you forget most of your vocabulary...making it easier to learn Spanish.

And yeah, it's not like he has a demanding day job right now, which is just making timed media appearances and a fundraising at a lackluster pace.
Jacobtm

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »

If you've "studied" Spanish for four years you should be quite a good speaker. If you took mandatory language classes in Middle School and High School, that's a different story. However, if one really applies themself and WANTS to learn, four years is more than enough time to become quite good at a romance language.
CJK
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 07:03:56 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2009, 07:12:39 PM by CJK »

If you've "studied" Spanish for four years you should be quite a good speaker. If you took mandatory language classes in Middle School and High School, that's a different story. However, if one really applies themself and WANTS to learn, four years is more than enough time to become quite good at a romance language.

I guess if you moved to a Spanish speaking country or watched Spanish movies every day and was forced to have daily interactions this would be accurate.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »

lol, four years actually living in a country to become fluent?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »

If I were Mitt Romney I'd not make this stupid flip-flooping this time and just observe with pleasure Huckabee and Gingrich killing each other from far-right wing positions
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 11:27:53 AM »

If Mitt Romney is a business genius as most people claim, shouldn't he of learned spanish by now just in case he deals with people who speak it? I'm a friggin Accounting major and my school recommends that I take AT LEAST 6 hours of foreign language, LOL. Oh wait, he learned French? WTF does he need French for (compared to Spanish)?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

If Mitt Romney is a business genius as most people claim, shouldn't he of learned spanish by now just in case he deals with people who speak it? I'm a friggin Accounting major and my school recommends that I take AT LEAST 6 hours of foreign language, LOL. Oh wait, he learned French? WTF does he need French for (compared to Spanish)?

He was a missionary in France..
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies