Atlasian National Healthcare Bill (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:25:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian National Healthcare Bill (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian National Healthcare Bill (Law'd)  (Read 30595 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: July 18, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »

I support this.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »

The poor statistics are likely a result of lack of access to healthcare....for those that have access, the U.S. probably does have the best system in the world.

Definitely. For those who have it, it's top 5, if not the best in the world. That's great. But what about those left in the wild with nothing, for who their healthcare is comparable to healthcare in Nigeria, what do we do about them?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »

Here is my basic plan
1. Reduce/simplify regulations that discourage competition
2. Introduce new regulations to break the cartel like relationship between Insurer and Doctor(allow people more flexibility in choosing there doctors and drugs)
3. Introduce and encourage comparison shopping(reduces prices)
4. Create either a Gov't plan or a Gov't subsidation
     a. paid for by premiums paid based on a sliding scale/ make up the cost of covering the poor off the Marijuana, Tobacco, and alcohol tax.
     b. Reduce hospital compensation(since everyone will be insured they won't need as much)
5. Mandate the purchase of Health Insurance(either private or the plan created by clause 4)
6. Create a Health Tax credit for all the middle class people, that get less then 50% of the premium covered by Gov't, to help them buy health care coverage. This should be about $4500.
7. Expand Tax Free Health Savings Accounts
8. Invest heavilly in medical technology. The millions we could save by preventing Cancer, Alzeheimers, Diabetes, Aids, and Parkinson's will far outweight the so called extra costs created by new Technology(remember most new medicines will have to compete with existing treatments due to clause 1 and 2, and any treatments that prevent or reduce the number such ailements as listed above are more then worth there costs due to the savings to the Health Care system at large.)

I'm not extremely well informed on the intricacies of public healthcare, but what does your compromise do to ensure that the millions of uninsured get full, quality health coverage?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »

Here is my basic plan
1. Reduce/simplify regulations that discourage competition
2. Introduce new regulations to break the cartel like relationship between Insurer and Doctor(allow people more flexibility in choosing there doctors and drugs)
3. Introduce and encourage comparison shopping(reduces prices)
4. Create either a Gov't plan or a Gov't subsidation
     a. paid for by premiums paid based on a sliding scale/ make up the cost of covering the poor off the Marijuana, Tobacco, and alcohol tax.
     b. Reduce hospital compensation(since everyone will be insured they won't need as much)

5. Mandate the purchase of Health Insurance(either private or the plan created by clause 4)
6. Create a Health Tax credit for all the middle class people, that get less then 50% of the premium covered by Gov't, to help them buy health care coverage. This should be about $4500.
7. Expand Tax Free Health Savings Accounts
8. Invest heavilly in medical technology. The millions we could save by preventing Cancer, Alzeheimers, Diabetes, Aids, and Parkinson's will far outweight the so called extra costs created by new Technology(remember most new medicines will have to compete with existing treatments due to clause 1 and 2, and any treatments that prevent or reduce the number such ailements as listed above are more then worth there costs due to the savings to the Health Care system at large.)

I'm not extremely well informed on the intricacies of public healthcare, but what does your compromise do to ensure that the millions of uninsured get full, quality health coverage?

Per Clauses 4 and 5, Everyone will have insurance. Clause 2, 3, and 8 will ensure quality.

Fair enough. I actually quite like your compromise here, Yank.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »

I oppose the removal of 1b, clauses 11 and 14. Optimally, I wouldn't remove 10, but I can live it.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:49:49 AM »

aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 08:56:12 AM »

aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

Aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »

aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »

Is it possible for some brave soul to post the text of the legislation, after all amendments? Pretty please?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 07:42:52 AM »

Aye.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia