something to keep in mind... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:34:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  something to keep in mind... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: something to keep in mind...  (Read 3600 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 03, 2004, 11:26:48 AM »

If we're discussing Edwards v Kerry, it was all about momnetum and the fact that Edwards had to compete with Clark. Also, only Democrats get to vote in primaries,  remember?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 03:18:34 PM »

If we're discussing Edwards v Kerry, it was all about momnetum and the fact that Edwards had to compete with Clark. Also, only Democrats get to vote in primaries,  remember?
In some states, Independents and Republicans can vote/caucus.  For instance, my mom's an independent and she caucused yesterday Smiley

Yeah, I know, I wasn't thinking straight...the point still remains though, that the primary electorate is much more Democratic than the national vote.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 03:21:04 PM »

I have made a new resolution" do not comment on behalf of Opebo's idiacy.

Bayh is the strongest selection for VP, but a case can be made for Richardson and Edwards.

You're saying it is 'idiacy' to question Bayh's supposed conservatism?  The man has ratings out there that show he is not at all conservative, even for a Democrat.   And I think many here would agree with me that Indiana is likely to go Republican even with Bayh on the ticket.

Indiana could become a battleground state with Bayh on the ticket. McGovern came within 8% of Nixon in South Dakota, for example, which says a lot of home state potential. I think Bayh would make Indiana only lean Rep, but I agree it would probably go with Bush in the end.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies