Negativity in Presidential Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:07:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Negativity in Presidential Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Negativity in Presidential Politics  (Read 5355 times)
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« on: March 03, 2004, 10:43:30 AM »

opebo, I have to agree with Ben here. It's interesting that you're both from Missouri - your state must be about as polarized as any.

In any case, the precious 2-6% of true swing voters want to see the identity and policies of the candidates clarified. Bush doesn't have much work to do there - he's a known quantity, and one that I believe the voters would prefer (in terms of policy) to Kerry.

But he can be perceived by these voters as crass, and caring more about corporations than "regular people". Any nastiness coming out of his campaign will reinforce that perception and turn off the true swing voter (the remaining white male Reagan Democrats who could still vote for a Democrat).

I think the Republicans get this - hence the nice call from Bush to Kerry yesterday, and the call for a "spirited" (on the issues) campaign.

Let the country see the Democrats' anger and the Republicans' patriotism and steadiness.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies