Negativity in Presidential Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:10:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Negativity in Presidential Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Negativity in Presidential Politics  (Read 5349 times)
HoopsCubs
Rookie

« on: March 03, 2004, 01:23:47 AM »

With all the descriptions of geopolitical identity, the comparisons of Carter in 1980 to Bush in 2004, and constant reminders of polarization by the journalistic class, one might reach the conclusion that we're in for one of the most negative presidential campaigns ever.  In the Democrat Party primary debates a greater amount of time was devoted to descriptions of the legislative agenda of the Bush administration than on candidates' descriptions of their values.  Even on this enlightened forum we relish in the bloodsport of rhetorical attack.  Will the nastiness of the 2004 general election campaign exceed that of the 2000 campaign?

Oh, it's going to be ugly man.  Hard core democrats despise the Bush administration.   And Bush's right wing base despise liberals, especially the northeast variety.

In my adult life, I have not seen the country as divided as we are now.

We really do live in 2 Americas, red and blue.  20 years ago Republican friends of mine and Democrat friends of mine could agree on several issues.  Today, we can't agree on anything.

I predict the popular vote will again be close to 50-50, and no one will win the EV count with more than 290.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies