Will there ever be a Democratic landslide again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will there ever be a Democratic landslide again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 130

Author Topic: Will there ever be a Democratic landslide again?  (Read 32156 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: October 16, 2004, 06:44:16 AM »

Opebo - When did you switch to the Democrats? Sorry, I've been away for a while.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

Opebo - When did you switch to the Democrats? Sorry, I've been away for a while.

A few weeks ago.  I've always been a Republican voter based on a lesser of two evils analysis, and have always had grave reservations about the party's social positions.  I had an epiphany during the anti-gay constitutional referendum amendment here in Missouri, in addition to some other issues.  I realized that the GOP is controlled by the Christian right, and my freedoms are greatly threatened by their agenda.  I wouldn't want to be in the same party as people like that.   The slight impositions Democrats might make on me economically seem like nothing by comparison.

That's interesting. I personally never understood the GOP's popularity, since many of its ideals (particularly those stemming from the religious right, as well the Straussian/neo-conservative wing of the party) seem to tread on the very notions of individual freedom and liberty which the United States was based on. But that's a more general thought.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 06:28:04 PM »

You're about to see the most crushing defeat of an incumbent since 1980.

Republicans are gonna be speechless.

Yes! The polls all indicate that!

Tch. Don't you know the polls are part of the big conservative conspiracy against freedom?  Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies