Fast Food Chains You Desire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:45:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Fast Food Chains You Desire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Fast Food Chains You Desire  (Read 13809 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2009, 09:53:42 PM »

Fast food is food that is prepared and sold quickly.  Of course Subway is fast food.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »

Fast food is food that is prepared and sold quickly.  Of course Subway is fast food.

Yes, but Fezzy means to use that term in a purely negative connotation. Go ahead and try to use my response as some kind of bad, poorly worded, or incorrect addition like you always do.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »

Subway I definitely wouldn't consider fast food.
No?  What is it?  I just lump it in with all those junky chains.
Junky? Geesh, you must be a picky connoisseur. It's not your definition of fast food, which of course is a completely negative connotation. Subway sandwiches aren't really all that bad. They do what they do and IMHO they do it decently. I fail to see what the difference would be between buying a Subway sandwich and making a sandwich at your own house.

Uh...it doesn't take very high standards to be less than thrilled by the quality of food at any fast food establishment, including Subway.  But regardless of my views of all fast food, I still consider it the same as McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »

Well, that's because you're like the vast majority of posters here. You take your extreme dislike for one thing and apply it to everything in the same genre. It's the same way in which many here hate Wal Mart. They fail to see that everything has positive and negative aspects, they only consider negative and then blow it up to an extreme level to support their negativity. The world is bigger then black and white.

I think comparing Subway to McDonalds shows a bit of naivety if you ask me.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2009, 10:10:03 PM »

No, no, don't jump to any conclusions without knowing the whole story, another unfortunately popular habit of posters.  I have a very strong interest in health and wellness and have done all my research.  All fast food establishments suffer from the same lack of quality control or customer connection.  I know that from what I have learned about all such establishments individually and have yet to find an exception to the rule of fast food being terrible.  Franchising is almost universally the sparking of a precipitous decline in quality.  I know of no exceptions.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2009, 10:22:16 PM »

So then, as a health expert, what is the major difference between making a sub at home with the same ingredients and going to Subway?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »

Like I said, quality of ingredients.  There is a huge difference between the ingredients at fast food establishments and those from a local store or even supermarket.  In other places moreso than Subway the preparation is also cause of concern to say the least.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »

Wow, I just found out White Castle is only in 11 states!!  PiT how could you say you have everything when White Castle (which is certainly a distinct style unlike McDonald's having a million clones) is no where in sight?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »

I'm sad that we don't have white castle here.. but they are all over in the Twin Cities.. Gut bombers are a popular late night drunk food and have been for many Twin Citians for decades.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »

I'm sad that we don't have white castle here.. but they are all over in the Twin Cities.. Gut bombers are a popular late night drunk food and have been for many Twin Citians for decades.
Yea the idea that people usually go to White Castle when they are stoned as potraryed in Harold and Kumar isn't really far from the truth.  I know a lot of people who crave a crave case when they get high.  Drunk though, I don't know, I've never done that I feel like you would definitely get sick is White Castle on a good day gets you sick
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 07:01:20 PM »

Wow, I just found out White Castle is only in 11 states!!  PiT how could you say you have everything when White Castle (which is certainly a distinct style unlike McDonald's having a million clones) is no where in sight?

If it was so good, it would be here.

It's not as good as In-N-Out. I don't need to go there to know that.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »

You're comparing apples and oranges, the type of burgers White Castle serves can't be compared.  White Castle is mini-burgers cooked over onions and amazing fries and onion rings.  Its not a regular burger
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 07:02:53 PM »

The whole "OMGZ IN N OUT IS JESUSSSS LOLZFD" thing gets old after awhile.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

You're comparing apples and oranges, the type of burgers White Castle serves can't be compared.  White Castle is mini-burgers cooked over onions and amazing fries and onion rings.  Its not a regular burger

I know.

But you can compare any two places. Which one would you rather go to?

The whole "OMGZ IN N OUT IS JESUSSSS LOLZFD" thing gets old after awhile.

But it is.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 08:49:34 PM »

You cannot compare the two.  I have not tasted the divinity of In and Out, but it is irrelevant.  If you crave a good old fashioned burger, In and Out can compare to Five Guys.  But if you crave what White Castle has, you can't get that at In and Out.  That's like asking whether I rather eat at Taco Bell or Arbys, it all depends on what I am craving.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »

Are they really that different?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »

Yeah, from people who have been to both, I hear In and Out compares to Five Guys.  White Castle is not a regular burger, its mini burgers grill onto of onions.  It has an extremely unique taste I have not seen replicated anywhere else except White Manna
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 08:17:07 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2009, 08:21:14 AM by Bionste Corriuce »

As far as I can tell the only US fast-food chains there are in France are Mc Donalds and KFC. Burger King retired the few restaurants it had a few years ago. There is a Mc Donalds in every city of more than 15-20 thousands habitants. Big cities has of course several ones, then I wonder if there are more than 10 KFC within the country. An European Fast Food chain named Quick, which is a Mc Do like, is enough present here too, but just in cities of more than 100,000 habitants I would say. I think that's all for US fast food chains and like in France.

If we count pizzas, we have Pizza hut here in every cities of more than 100,000 habitants too I would say, and we have more Dominos Pizza, there is one in the 40,000 habitants city i live in.

Other than that I don't have a special wish concerning a fast food chain.

Ah, and, in very big cities, now, there are also some Mc Do-like that are...halal! They try to make some chains I think, but it remains pretty small. Some try to make some Kebab chains I think too.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 02:26:34 PM »

Yeah, from people who have been to both, I hear In and Out compares to Five Guys.  White Castle is not a regular burger, its mini burgers grill onto of onions.  It has an extremely unique taste I have not seen replicated anywhere else except White Manna
Krystal does something similar.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 03:19:23 PM »

White Castle is as far from In N Out as you can get on the burger joint spectrum.  White Castle is known for its cheap, rather disgusting but somehow irresistible little square hamburgers that are cooked only on one side with grilled onions and a steamed bun (which is on top of the burger, thus giving it an onion/beef flavor).. that you can buy a dozen or so of for really really cheap.

In N Out is most like Culvers here in the midwest when it comes to burgers, because they use fresh ground beef that has never been frozen and pride themselves in quality sides (fresh cut potatoes at In N Out and Wisconsin/Minnesota staples at Culvers like onion rings, cheese curds, and fried walleye).

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »

Culvers is good, but its kind of greasy and sits heavy.  The fancy burgers from Hardees/Carls Jr are better.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2009, 04:43:55 AM »

Culvers is good, but its kind of greasy and sits heavy.  The fancy burgers from Hardees/Carls Jr are better.

Yeah Carls is definitely my second favorite fast food place after In-N-Out. I wish there was a White castle here so I could see what the fuss is all about.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2009, 11:34:50 PM »

Oh they are horrible little yummy creations of the devil.  Both the best and worst thing you'll ever eat.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2009, 04:44:50 AM »

I have been clamoring to get an In and Out Burger, although there plans do not seem to include westward expansion.  I should be thankful that Sonic has finally arrived to my area and a Five Guys has gone close and I have realized its goodness.

Are there any fast food chains that you really want to come to your area?

BEST FAST FOOD EVER. ONLY PLACE I GO.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2009, 06:18:03 AM »

Ever been to Five Guys?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to: