Fast Food Chains You Desire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Fast Food Chains You Desire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fast Food Chains You Desire  (Read 13831 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: July 23, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »

Culvers.

I wish A&W would come back.. there are a few new ones around.. but not here Sad
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »

I don't really know of any fast food chains that don't exist in my area, so there.
Really?

Your nearest Sonic is about 30 miles away from SF
The best Mexican restaurant, Qdoba, seems similar
You definitley lack a Pollo Tropical.  I think its more of a lack of knowledge of some because

And no Five Guys within 100 miles!!!

frankly I felt much better not knowing about In and Out Burger
Qdoba just opened up with a new Burger King here.. and while it is okay, it certainly is not the best Mexican food.  Maybe for fast food... but it is by no means authentic.  It's Burger King's response to Chipotle.

Also, In and Out is good, but I prefer Culvers.  Their burgers are just as good and they have custard, among many other things.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »

I've heard Chick-fil-A is very religious.  I had never heard of them until my step dad mentioned them being all over in the south.

We also don't have Jack in the Box... although we have Hardees, which is essentially the same thing as Carls Jr.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 03:42:28 PM »

I just had some Jack in the Box yesterday.  Pretty good food, I like their innovative menu.  Their milkshakes are tasty and good.  Ever tried their Teriyaki rice bowls?  Those are good, hot steaming and fresh, even though the rice is americanized.  They're expanding big in Colorado and around Denver.

We have a local chain in CO called Smash Burger, it's a bit pricy but oh so good. Beef made fresh, not frozen.  Fries are crispy and awesome.

What most Coloradians desire is an In n Out. The closest one is in SW Utah.  I already e-mailed them and they're looking into it.  Had some in San Diego, it was packed, fresh and delicious.

We need to get is more steak houses.  We already have Lonestar, Salt Grass, Outback, Texas Roadhouse.  I ate at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Jacksonville, FL really good stuff.

I'm sorry, but chain steakhouses are, in general, disgusting.  Why not go for a locally owned steakhouse?

I was at a restaurant last summer (excuse me, it was actually a Supper Club.. not many of those around anymore) and it was so tacky with its 1970s era faux elegance... but the food was amazing.  The steak was fork tender and the Yorkshire puddings (I can't think of the other name we use for them when they're bigger..) were also really good.  Plus the owner was a lady from Berlin and we spoke German to eachother, which is always a plus in my book.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »

I'm sad that we don't have white castle here.. but they are all over in the Twin Cities.. Gut bombers are a popular late night drunk food and have been for many Twin Citians for decades.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 07:02:53 PM »

The whole "OMGZ IN N OUT IS JESUSSSS LOLZFD" thing gets old after awhile.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 03:19:23 PM »

White Castle is as far from In N Out as you can get on the burger joint spectrum.  White Castle is known for its cheap, rather disgusting but somehow irresistible little square hamburgers that are cooked only on one side with grilled onions and a steamed bun (which is on top of the burger, thus giving it an onion/beef flavor).. that you can buy a dozen or so of for really really cheap.

In N Out is most like Culvers here in the midwest when it comes to burgers, because they use fresh ground beef that has never been frozen and pride themselves in quality sides (fresh cut potatoes at In N Out and Wisconsin/Minnesota staples at Culvers like onion rings, cheese curds, and fried walleye).

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies