The Davis Decision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:30:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Davis Decision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Davis Decision  (Read 16688 times)
Historico
United States

« on: July 26, 2009, 10:38:42 AM »

God, Cheif Justice had to have been bigger than Taft lol, but Happy Warrior I am definatley liking where this is heading. Can't wait to see how the Tilden Presidency goes down...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58:50 AM »

Wasn't expecting for Davis to have such a rocky term...I wonder if he can pull things around for last two years of his term, if not we may not see another Democrat elected for a while lol.
Historico
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:29:30 AM »

I should have an update up to the 1880 Presidential election up tomorrow.  Any guesses on what will happen? Wink

Hmm...I personally would like to see Grant be successful in his want to break the Washington Tradition and win the GOP nomination for a third terml. I didn't realize how close OTL 1880 Election was in term of popular vote, so in a battle between Tilden and Grant it could go either way.
Historico
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »

Cool, I called it....I just liked the idea of the Uncorruptable being defeated the Corrupted or Encouragable one lol.  Grant's Third yet unsequential term, should be pretty interesting especially if he isn't assasinated by Guiteau...Might he finally be able to secure Santo Domingo for the US Freedmen? Major Civil Service Reform, and the first steps toward internationalism for the US would be crazy. But ironically, the stress of another term would probably force Grant to succumb to his throat cancer a year or two earlier than IOTL. Thrusting Hannibal Hamlin in to office in his 70's will be very interesting indeed. Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 08:44:10 AM »

Solid Update, Happy Warrior...Can't say I was expecting Grant to be assasinated lol, but I guess it's better than the destitute, Cancer ridden death he had in OTL. Will Hannibal continue to stay the course with the war? I know he was a staunch abolitonist/Civil Rights Supporter but his old age may make him have a few military fumbles. I hope the war doesn't last to long, and that Hamlin is able to get somekind of Gilded Age Reform passed. Keep it comming.
Historico
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »

So when cane we epect the next installment SOEA?
Historico
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »

Interesting, I had originally thought you were going to give the GOP nomination to Robert Todd Lincoln. But it will be cool to see how corrupt the Blaine Presidency is going to be...I have a feeling he might become the 1st president to be impeached or atleast forced to resign. All of which remains to be seen...Keep it comming.
Historico
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:26:31 AM »

Intresting...Since we all know how petty American Politcs was in the late 19th Century, the GOP could very well just not nominate the sitting President if there butting heads so much even to the public chargin. So we could see a later or earlier depending how you look at it lol Grover Cleveland Presidency. I really don't care as long as we get the Populist Party to win the White House in 1892, to really shake things up in American Politics lol....Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 09:59:43 AM »

"Save your Confederate Money boys, The South is risin' agin!!!", Idk what to expect for a Fitzhug Presidency, I really didn't see anything that said he was a stauch proponet of Jim Crow so he might govern pretty moderatley. Also the nomination of a Southern Democrat may take the wind out of the Populist movement, which drew alot of votes from White Southern Farmers outside of their stronghold of the midwest...Keep it comming
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies