The Davis Decision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:11:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Davis Decision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Davis Decision  (Read 16700 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« on: May 28, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »

Well I think that the time has come that instead of starting a new timeline I will simply return to this one.  I will begin writing an 1889 update over the coming days but does anyone have any comments on what has already happened?

Why did you abandon this, out of curiousity?  And was there some sort of absence that prevented you from continuing this for 2 years?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »

Well I think that the time has come that instead of starting a new timeline I will simply return to this one.  I will begin writing an 1889 update over the coming days but does anyone have any comments on what has already happened?

Why did you abandon this, out of curiousity?  And was there some sort of absence that prevented you from continuing this for 2 years?

At the time I simply lost interest in it sadly

Don't get me wrong; I've read it and it's great, and I look forward to seeing it continue
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:36:07 PM »

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 04:25:44 PM »

I'm reading. Smiley I just have to comment, wasn't Blaine corrupt in OTL? And thus, I have a hard time seeing him as a symbol of principle in a partisan party or whatever.

He often campaigned as a holier-than-thou, which got him in trouble with the higher national scrutiny of a presidential bid.  He was a halfbreed as well, opposing Grant's bid in 80 in part (and publicly, mostly because) of his sketchy time in office
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »

I'm reading. Smiley I just have to comment, wasn't Blaine corrupt in OTL? And thus, I have a hard time seeing him as a symbol of principle in a partisan party or whatever.

He was supposedly alot like Grant, someone who wasn't personally corrupt but surrounded themselves with people who were.

The difference being (at least to the best of my knowledge), Grant didn't try to deny it, while Blaine borrowed his head in the sand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies