2004 and Onward (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:19:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2004 and Onward (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 and Onward  (Read 11377 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 02, 2004, 01:44:42 AM »

In Detriot, the Democratic Convention begins in late July. The ticket of Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana and Governor Bill Richardson of New Mexico is confirmed by the party. At the second day of the convention, during a speech by Senator Barack Obama, word reaches the convention that the Israeli city of Tel Aviv has been atttacked by a nuclear missile. The convention goes into lockdown, and all eyes are turned to see what George W. Bush will do, and what Ariel Sharon will do.

By the start of August, Israel has bombed Iran hundreds of times, and has sent over several nuclear missiles. Iran is joined by the Palestinians, but much of the Middle East is quiet in the matter. The United States doubles aid to Israel, and the world comes out in support of Israel, and sends dollars and aid.

At the GOP Convention in Houston, the ticket of Governor Bill Owens of Colorado and Senator George Allen of Virginia is nominated for President.

An early estimate of the Electoral College shows the following

I don't think that even Bayh could pull in Indiana, but since Tennessee was a "given" for Gore right up until election day....

Bayh is an institution in Indiana. Gore was hardly as popular in Tennessee. How much was he elected by?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 10:40:28 AM »

I don't think that even Bayh could pull in Indiana, but since Tennessee was a "given" for Gore right up until election day....

Bayh is an institution in Indiana. Gore was hardly as popular in Tennessee. How much was he elected by?

I doubt Indiana would be seen as a given from day 1.  Bayh could win it, but it would not be a solid lock from the start. 

The notion that home states always go for their candidate is fairly recent and highly mistaken.

Although I agree, Bayh really is loved in Indiana. How much was Gore elected by in Tennessee prior to Vice Presidency?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies