I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:24:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again.  (Read 3919 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 29, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »

We all know what the end game of this, don't we, which is absolutely necessary. The word I am thinking of starts with an "r."  The trick is how to effect "r" politically, which is damn tough. Do you get my drift?

Yes, reform is always difficult, as the deck is stacked strongly in favor of the status quo.

No the "r" word is "rationing."  Write it down.

Well, we have rationing in the current system, too.....just from a different source.

Well it isn't working very well. My dad was diagnosed with a cancer at 84 that after a week of research I knew was 100% fatal, and after surgery and all the rest, it cost the state 150K in 1991 dollars.  He was a medicare. That is insane. The only rationing really is efficacy, or certain therapies that are not covered, like the one's I am on to make an old body feel young again. That is just not enough. Sure the uninsured are rationed to qualifying for the emergency room (also insane), but they are what - 20% of the population?  Something will change, and soon, because the current system is collapsing without more rational rationing, and the issue now is how to get there, without freaking out the public - which is why politicians don't talk about it. They are scared sh**tless.

Yeah. There is simply no way around rationing, really.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »

Hey, at least the Republican party didn't call us homosexuals this time around....though they called us baby and old people killers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies