I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:12:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again.  (Read 3904 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 28, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »

I'd like to know what the Republicans are pushing for healthcare reform?

The party of no is fresh out of ideas.

They are pushing for more competition and transparency, and have some good ideas about it, but can't get their arms around how to deal with the uninsured, and if you don't deal with that, along with the skyrocketing cost of all these new medical technologies, you just aren't in the game, but nibbling around the edges. It is pathetic really.

They need to sell the accurate fact that nationalized medicine will squash medical innovation. The uninsured are a small segment of the population. Why should we destroy the healthcare of the vast majority of Americans to cover 10-15 million Americans?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:42:49 PM »

They are pushing for more competition and transparency, and have some good ideas about it, but can't get their arms around how to deal with the uninsured, and if you don't deal with that, along with the skyrocketing cost of all these new medical technologies, you just aren't in the game, but nibbling around the edges. It is pathetic really.

They need to sell the accurate fact that nationalized medicine will squash medical innovation. The uninsured are a small segment of the population. Why should we destroy the healthcare of the vast majority of Americans to cover 10-15 million Americans?

Well, I don't agree with the first part of your post to begin with but don't you find the fact that millions are uninsured a little, err, morally disturbing?

Insurance =/= medical treatment. Insurance should exist for only catastrophic circumstances. The way that health insurance exists now is the major reason why we are having the problems we're having now.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:56:42 PM »

Well, I don't agree with the first part of your post to begin with but don't you find the fact that millions are uninsured a little, err, morally disturbing?

Insurance =/= medical treatment.

Haha, I can assure you that for many it means exactly that.

No ER can turn you down.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:04:35 AM »

I agree but don't you think that medical insurance should really only be for disastrous situations?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »

In the interest of accurate facts, the number of uninsured Americans is close to 50 million

Proven myth. Try again.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »

http://newsbusters.org/stories/40-million-uninsured-myth
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »

http://www.gopusanj.com/wordpress/?p=7645
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »

http://mentalhiccups.blogspot.com/2009/06/47-million-uninsured-myth.html
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 10:29:21 PM »

I'll remember this, StatesRights, if the unemployment rate gets out of control.

"50 million Americans out of work... but 1 million are Mexicans so it doesn't matter."

IF it gets out of control? 16.4% unemployment is certainly out of control in my book. And why the hell should I have to pay for some non-citizen to get free healthcare?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 10:38:32 PM »

I'll remember this, StatesRights, if the unemployment rate gets out of control.

"50 million Americans out of work... but 1 million are Mexicans so it doesn't matter."

IF it gets out of control? 16.4% unemployment is certainly out of control in my book. And why the hell should I have to pay for some non-citizen to get free healthcare?

You already do pay for a non-citizen's healthcare.  No non-citizen goes to a doctor's office.  They go to the emergency room.

I'm fine with covering an emergency situation but to get the same benefits as a nationalized health care? Hell no.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies