I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:59:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think Republicans are succeeding at scaring people over health care again.  (Read 3913 times)
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« on: July 30, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »

The opposition is always gonna make the majority's proposal seem more dire than it could possible be.  Its good politics and in this country usually the only way for the opposition to gain traction.  However, in my opinion this debate has gone past the normal asinine discourse into some hellish area in which no one wins in especially the uninsured.  I'm currently watching the daily show and listening to the questions asked of the president it just boggles the mind.  It amazes me that people with any intellect what so ever could possible imagine that someone would propose the legislation they way the have interpreted it. Most of us on here are able to actually read legislation and dissected it so we can actually perceive what its penitential will be.  However, that is not the case for the vast majority of Americans, many of which would not want take the time to read it anyways.  These people then go to sources for whom they trust to decipher it for them.  That is why I think this debate has gotten so deplorable, the sources the conservative members of this group have turned to have mutated the various proposals so greatly as to shut down all debate.  

We need insurance reform i don't think anyone would argue against that point.  So, who is helped when people on the right make claims about the Democrats wanting death.  You here republicans go on the floor and claims this, then their puppets in the media continue this line of "reasoning" on their respective outlets.  Who is helped when you paint one side as killers.  I mean seriously to go on the radio or TV and say the people would have to choose how they would like to die.  Equally as bad saying that people of medicare age would be "put out to pasture." I don't know or care to find out which conservative pundit said this however these were questions asked of obama and these people clearly got these questions from some source.  So once again i would ask who does the rhetoric help and if you believe this stuff well seriously don't have children heck you probably couldn't afford to anyways as your premiums are probably sky rocketing as it is.  Too mean but seriously this stuff is pissing me off.

We can find common ground in this debate around things like out state health care providers and group negations for medication and medical products.   Its not much but it is a start, so instead of painting each other, the left does spout bad rhetoric on this as well though not as deplorable as the right, as in human or killers.  If we can sit down and rationally discussing things we could actually make a difference.  But, maybe that just what i believe right now cause my pipe is half empty.  JK
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 11:44:19 PM »

If he's in New York as well, ship him to Canada, where health care is so great that you'll die before you get to see the doctor.

This statement is the exact thing that make this debate so pathetic.  I am guessing that you(a. hamiliton) have never discussed health care with a Canadian or taken the time to research the statement you just made.  But, you heard some one say something like this or this exact line and suddenly is it gospel.  You are dumb if you actually believe that people are dying constantly due to "long lines" and "rationing" in Canada.  If you would actually take the time to do any research on this you would find out how asinine that statement was.  I don't really mean to attack you but seriously man come on.  You can't believe that politicians all over the world and in our country would purposely pass legislation that killed people unnecessarily. Plus, say this was a consequence of legislation that had passed they would not over turn it for what would have to be a political point or ideological purism.  I feel you don't but that is pretty much what you are implying by making that dumbfounded statement.  So lets debate fact and not conjecture.  As I said previously no one can arguing that we need health care reform so lets have a real debate without these stupid assertions.  No offense to you personally just to the statement that you made because to attack ones opponent personally is to end debate right then and there.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies