14 States may target birthright citizenship (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:50:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 States may target birthright citizenship (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 States may target birthright citizenship  (Read 9707 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« on: January 03, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »

Damn those little kids using us.  The whole point is that we are available to be taken advantage of.  There's no reason we shouldn't be doing whatever we can to educate people that are in this country whether we like it or not.  If we want immigrants to hold jobs other than those at the lowest level, we should be willing to educate them.  It is about not liking Hispanics, there's literally not a reason in the world we wouldn't want more people having better jobs paying more taxes.  It's not even like there are multiple levels to this issue.  It's such a simple concept yet people are always making it seem like so much is being ignored by bringing up race.

Yes cramped classrooms and crowded hospital emergency rooms will really help increase the approval ratings of Hispanics.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2011, 09:20:38 PM by phknrocket1k »

No?  Bad idea?  Let's not forget that this entire country comes from immigrants.

Doesn't mean that anybody who wants to come in should be allowed to and I'm an immigrant.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »

Yes cramped classrooms and hospital emergency rooms will really help increase the approval ratings of Hispanics.

...or we could properly fund those?

Are you willing to pay?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2011, 09:18:44 PM by phknrocket1k »

Yes cramped classrooms and hospital emergency rooms will really help increase the approval ratings of Hispanics.

...or we could properly fund those?

Are you willing to pay?
I was going to ask if they were willing to come to the Sun Belt to experience how dire the problem is.

Not to mention the adverse selection and moral hazard problems and the underlying social problems.

Even my immigrant parents had me change schools because of the impending social problems of where parents neither spoke English nor had the time to prepare their children for school
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 01:32:11 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2011, 01:33:50 AM by phknrocket1k »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Many of the types of immigrants you are implying have little to no interest in living here. They are here to make some money and send it back home in remittance form.

The problem comes when they have children and can't speak English to speak with their teachers to even ask simple questions if their children are even doing their homework.

Nor are they even interested in preparing their children for school.

Btw. I'm an immigrant and I find the racism directed from leftists related to China's and India's economic development abhorrent.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 01:36:23 AM »

I find the racism directed from leftists related to China's and India's economic development abhorrent.

Stop it! It's ok when they do it.

Yep. Jfern walks free to this day.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:38:05 AM »

It surely is about race, but it's also about elections. This is nothing more than an electoral security measure by Republicans scared that minorities will ruin their election chances and need an ace in the hole to neutralize votes, especially in Arizona. If these measures passed, they'd be challenging every Hispanic person that shows up at the polls and throw out tons of votes under the premise of the law.

That. If Hispanics were a heavily Republican group then you would see the likes of Tancredo, King and the Arizona guy marginalized inside the Republican party, not made into folk heroes.

Roll Eyes

So you're saying I don't like Hispanics?

I love it when you guys can't win an argument. It always goes back to racism or sexism or bigotry. There can never be an honest disagreement.

If by racist you mean unwilling to increase the ranks of a Dem-friendly constituency with a lot of new voters thus complicating Republican's electoral math, then yes you are.

and of course if Hispanics voted 70% GOP you'd be racist.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies