Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:20:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 181644 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: May 09, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »

I'm quite glad that Castro is being reported as off the list.  He has just about the worst possible gaffe for a campaign against someone like Trump:   

"Joaquín and I got into Stanford because of affirmative action. I scored 1210 on my SATs"

You can bet that Trump would read that aloud for 3 months and call him Stupid Julian.  It would be absolutely brutal.

Wait, he said this? In public? Clearly his affirmative action juju was a lot stronger than mine if he got into Stanford with that score. And then he went to Harvard Law! I understood but never really shared the dislike so many have for this guy until now, not because he got a low score on some test but because he seems to be practically bragging about it (apparently he was talking up affirmative action in the Times). Affirmative action should get your foot in the door, not carry you over the threshold when you're not qualified. Clearly Castro thinks everything should be handed to him on a silver platter without having to do anything-- college admissions, law school, a (virtually ceremonial) mayoral post, a cabinet post (in which he's been far less proactive than his predecessor), and now the Vice Presidency. What a smug pr--k.

At the same time you almost have to admire it. Who would have thought it possible that one could coast their way to being one heartbeat away from being President? Sure, you could stumble into it, like Agnew, but it almost takes a certain talent to get yourself chosen as mayor of a top-ten city yet not have to do any work, monetise your prestigious sinecure to the tune of six-figures through speeches, books, and a seven-figure "referal fee", and then end up in Cabinet giving more speeches, reading reports, and following the recommendations of civil servants.  The rest of us can only wish we could do so much by doing so little.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 03:36:55 PM »

Yesterday we were 100% sure it was Gingrich. Now it's Pence again. And yet they've been reaching out to Rice and Kasich this week alone. I don't even think Trump knows who he's going to pick.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 09:22:25 PM »

Historically their is little significance where a running mate is announced.
Edwards was announced in Pennsylvania
Biden was announced in Illinois
Ryan was announced in Virginia
Not sure where Palin was announced but I am fairly certain it was not in Alaska. So I would not read to much in to news that suggests Clinton will reveal her pick in Florida. Anyways I am still thinking it will be Tim Kain.   

On the USS Wisconsin, TBH.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »

As a Republican, I'm disappointed that she did not pick Castro. He gave us the best chance of winning.

Lol, Donald Trump isn't going to win just because Hillary picked Julian Castro as her running mate.  She could pick a rock and it wouldn't change the fact that Trump is Trump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies