Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:14:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lumine's Election and Political Tracker (Epilogue) - Tracker Closed  (Read 23844 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: May 29, 2014, 11:33:53 AM »

We won't know whether Snowstalker has been "right after all" until all the briefs have been submitted, the respondents questioned, and the case discussed among my fellow Justices and myself. Constitutionality is not determined by opinion polls.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 10:16:03 AM »

The sentiments expressed by Zuwo and Clarence reflect to a large extent the sentiment amongst the Federalists who have voted for DemPGH either as one or the other sentiment or a combination of the two. Not having a Federalist in this race combined with the Laborites running DemPGH instead of someone else, meant that a lot of Federalists felt no cause of concern about the White House going to Labor. DemPGH, even when he was just considering running for At-Large Senate in December, was looked upon favorably as a possible candidate for that "Third Non-Federalist At-Large Senator" by the Party, he was a great VP and a fair administrator of the Senate.

I actually agree completely that with - I think DemPGH is going to make a very good President, just as he did a very good Governor. With the way the results are looking I'm disappointed for SirNick, but both choices were very capable in this election.

But the fact is that President DemPGH and, with him, Vice-President Windjammer means total Labor Party control of the government, with the ability to pass their entire platform unhindered. That's what the Federalists who voted for DemPGH voted for. That doesn't particularly bother me, but I'm not a Federalist - it's literally unjustifiable from a "centre-right" or remotely "conservative" perspective, and, as I said earlier, really might mark the end of the Federalists as a party worth taking seriously.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »

The sentiments expressed by Zuwo and Clarence reflect to a large extent the sentiment amongst the Federalists who have voted for DemPGH either as one or the other sentiment or a combination of the two. Not having a Federalist in this race combined with the Laborites running DemPGH instead of someone else, meant that a lot of Federalists felt no cause of concern about the White House going to Labor. DemPGH, even when he was just considering running for At-Large Senate in December, was looked upon favorably as a possible candidate for that "Third Non-Federalist At-Large Senator" by the Party, he was a great VP and a fair administrator of the Senate.

I actually agree completely that with - I think DemPGH is going to make a very good President, just as he did a very good Governor. With the way the results are looking I'm disappointed for SirNick, but both choices were very capable in this election.

But the fact is that President DemPGH and, with him, Vice-President Windjammer means total Labor Party control of the government, with the ability to pass their entire platform unhindered. That's what the Federalists who voted for DemPGH voted for. That doesn't particularly bother me, but I'm not a Federalist - it's literally unjustifiable from a "centre-right" or remotely "conservative" perspective, and, as I said earlier, really might mark the end of the Federalists as a party worth taking seriously.

Why is anyone taking a party that rarely bothers fielding a candidate in national races seriously in the first place?

That's a good question, considering they came close to outright endorsing the candidate of their supposed ideological rival anyway.

e: One would imagine that the Federalist second preference vote for Snowstalker was a protest vote - if there'd be any chance that he'd win it would not have materialised.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »

I have some minor concerns about a Labor majority, but I don't see any reason to believe that TNF would be anything but a competent and fair PPT, even if only because he's a smart enough of a politician to recognise that abusing the position would be terrible politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies