Short Rubio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:37:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Short Rubio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Short Rubio  (Read 2957 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

« on: September 28, 2015, 09:23:55 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2015, 09:31:23 PM by Averroës »

Opened this thread expecting it to be about Rubio's height: At 5'10'' he is near the average for American males but well below average for post WWII presidential nominees.

I'm not buying the chatter about his weaknesses. He's shown himself to be more politically astute than any other conventionally credentialed Republican who is running, and every candidate in the Republican field has baggage - from knife fights, to Aqua Buddha, to "Bridgegate," to attempted jewelry-smuggling. If there's one candidate in the field who can win a two-way contest against any other primary candidate, it's Rubio (whether Trump remains in the mix as a third force or not). I've been convinced for a couple of months that Rubio is better positioned than any other candidate to emerge from Jeb's wreckage, and I haven't yet seen any indication to the contrary.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:30:15 PM »

I definitely can see it your way - He's not exactly a policy wonk, and we barely know about the already sketchy financial background he has, including his relationship with ethically challenged Former Congressman David Rivera. I think he has more baggage than that.

Policy writing and analysis isn't the point of a presidential campaign, but Rubio's campaign has done more to demonstrate policy literacy (or, at least, the kind of policy literacy that presidential candidates are usually expected to have) than almost any other Republican outfit. A month ago most of his competitors didn't even have "issue" pages on their campaign websites, and I would not be surprised if this is still the case.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:18:22 PM »

every candidate in the Republican field has baggage - from knife fights, to Aqua Buddha, to "Bridgegate," to attempted jewelry-smuggling.

I knew Bridgegate was Chris Christie, but I had to google the other references.  I guess 'Aqua Buddha' involves Rand Paul, and attempted jewelry-smuggling probably has something to do with Columba Bush.  But I am at a loss about the knife fights.  Anyone?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies