Hillary floats new campaign slogan, "Stronger Together," on Meet the Press (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:40:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary floats new campaign slogan, "Stronger Together," on Meet the Press (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary floats new campaign slogan, "Stronger Together," on Meet the Press  (Read 1237 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: May 22, 2016, 01:54:55 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/22/hillarys-latest-campaign-slogan-we-are-stronger-together-video/

Thoughts?

The NBC roundtable kind of panned it, but I like it. I think it offers a positive vision while simultaneously reinforcing Trump's biggest weakness, which is that he's a bigoted pail of scum. Hillary wins when it's a culture war election, but Trump, of late, seems to have been doing a good job shifting the narrative to Hillary's flaws and economic populism. Let's make it about America's core values. This slogan does that, and when the attention is on that she'll win.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 03:06:18 PM »

I suppose it's better than her previous campaign slogan. Did she even have a campaign slogan before?

Not necessarily a direct slogan, but the obvious central theme for months has been "breaking down barriers."
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 03:26:22 PM »

I suppose it's better than her previous campaign slogan. Did she even have a campaign slogan before?

Not necessarily a direct slogan, but the obvious central theme for months has been "breaking down barriers."
Not sure Bernie Sanders would agree her on that.

That may be so, but reality has always been a challenge for him.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:16 PM »

Well, that might convince 1 Bernie supporter.

Hint: people aren't supporting Bernie because of useless focus group tested slogans.

No one cares about Bernie Sanders anymore. This is a discussion about the general election, in which Bernie will not be a candidate. But thanks for playing.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »

I have kind of changed my mind a bit on the slogan.

I did a ton of phonebanking today in California, and I know Naso-style anecdotes are not always useful, but most of the demographic profiles of the folks I was calling were elderly ladies. Long story short, a very sizable chunk "hated her" or were voting Trump. It's worrying, and if this is her base, I'm not sure that "inclusion of difference" is something that will win them over.

It was a bit scary to be sure, because I was under the impression that the voters in the phonebank were supposed to basically be sure things. I've never called this far out from a primary though, so it's possible the point of phonebanking at this time is to assess who should stay on the rolls for later. But yeah.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies