Impeachment Proceedings against Secretary of Forum Affairs Ilikeverin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:08:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Impeachment Proceedings against Secretary of Forum Affairs Ilikeverin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Impeachment Proceedings against Secretary of Forum Affairs Ilikeverin  (Read 3242 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 03:17:40 PM »

I ask my Senators to open impeachment proceedings against Senator Sam Spade, on account of his wasting the Senates# time with frivolous impeachment proceedings.

Spade is resigning after this is done with anyway. Tongue

I said I wanted to go out with a bang. I'm surprised no one's getting the humor.

Nonetheless, these proceedings will look prescient come October when we get to the next federal election, the big one (Presidential) and Ilikeverin screws up big-time again.

I don't find trying to impeach someone fun.

It really saddens me that you're just waiting for ILV to mess up.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 03:21:16 PM »

Aye on tabling.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 03:22:28 PM »

Aye on tabling.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 04:27:27 PM »

Well, Mr. Chief Justice, we seem to have a majority in favor of tabling.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 04:48:46 PM »

Good.  Although Verin could have done better, this was a horrible move and I'm ashamed that my Regional Senator started this.  You can go out with a bang without trying to harshly punish someone who was a victim of circumstance.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2005, 06:27:34 PM »

Good.  Although Verin could have done better, this was a horrible move and I'm ashamed that my Regional Senator started this.  You can go out with a bang without trying to harshly punish someone who was a victim of circumstance.

Actually, this move has ironically made Verin more popular than he ever was before, so I think Verin should be thanking me rather than going after me.  If it makes me less popular, so be it, as always I'm just standing up for what I believe in.

If you're mad about my decision to do this, then that's that.  Ebowed, you've become a real hard-ass of late, and honestly I wish you would stop.  You used to be a rather nice good guy, now you go after everyone for everything.  Cheer up, become more like Verin.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Also, I hate to cross-reference threads, but on Dean's thread that has now been closed, I mainly bumped it up as a little amusing anecdote now that I was becoming GM, not to go after Dean in the least.

There's all of that.  I hope that's settled things for the time-being and that we can be on better speaking terms in the future, ok?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2005, 07:15:57 PM »

Actually, this move has ironically made Verin more popular than he ever was before, so I think Verin should be thanking me rather than going after me.
Even if this made Verin more popular, I can't see Verin thanking you for trying to get him impeached.  Making Verin popular obviously wasn't your goal, so the idea that this made Verin more popular doesn't justify the impeachment.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Look at what you're saying.  You just tried to get someone impeached because they didn't close a booth in time.  If that's not being a hard-ass and going after someone for everything, I don't know what it is.

Okay.

Fine, although you can understand I'm not really willing to let something go after being called a hard-ass, but whatever.  Good luck as Game Moderator.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2005, 08:56:38 PM »

Aye for the record.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2005, 09:58:04 PM »

Ebowed, you've become a real hard-ass of late, and honestly I wish you would stop. You used to be a rather nice good guy, now you go after everyone for everything.
Look at what you're saying.  You just tried to get someone impeached because they didn't close a booth in time.  If that's not being a hard-ass and going after someone for everything, I don't know what it is.

That's not the reason why I did this, even though that might underlie my rationale.

I did it because of mistakes and inconsistincies in the application of the deletion or non-deletion of posters and the acceptance or rejection of votes upon the same in a federal election.  I also did it because this misapplication has caused great havoc and legal problems in my own region's election.  In my mind, this meets the standards where someone should simply resign or be impeached for improper handling of one's job. 

As we can clearly see, this does not translate to meaning the same to anyone else here in the Senate.  So, this motion has been tabled and I won't bring it back up (obviously), except to make one of my usual cryptic warnings about the next time (which I have already done).

Fair enough (to you, Ebowed and to the others)?

I do apologize for calling you a hard-ass, Ebowed.  My temper does get the better of me occasionally (both IRL and on the Internet), though very rarely thank goodness.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2005, 10:02:26 PM »

Apology accepted, and I can see where you are coming from, though I still disagree.  Issue finished?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2005, 10:07:11 PM »

Apology accepted, and I can see where you are coming from, though I still disagree.  Issue finished?

Certainly, Mr. Senator-elect.  Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2005, 11:27:40 PM »

Well, Mr. Chief Justice, we seem to have a majority in favor of tabling.

Indeed.  With a clear majority of the Senate in favor of tabling, I hereby declare this matter tabled.  Case adjurned.

(mutters)....Get me out of this crazy place
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2005, 09:36:47 AM »

I ask my Senators to open impeachment proceedings against Senator Sam Spade, on account of his wasting the Senates# time with frivolous impeachment proceedings.

You've given me an idea, Lewis. 

Maybe I should resign the position of GM after I've accepted it and appoint someone to fill in the spot.  Tongue
Eh, my impeachment motion would have been at least as frivolous as yours. I was posting tongue-in-cheek, man.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 01:02:11 PM »

You've given me an idea, Lewis. 

Maybe I should resign the position of GM after I've accepted it and appoint someone to fill in the spot.  Tongue
Eh, my impeachment motion would have been at least as frivolous as yours. I was posting tongue-in-cheek, man.

So were my comments above.  Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2005, 10:29:51 PM »

I said I wanted to go out with a bang.  I'm surprised no one's getting the humor.

Nonetheless, these proceedings will look prescient come October when we get to the next federal election, the big one (Presidential) and Ilikeverin screws up big-time again.

Prescient indeed, eh... Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2005, 10:37:27 PM »

I said I wanted to go out with a bang.  I'm surprised no one's getting the humor.

If you were SoFA, do you really think you could have done a better job?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2005, 10:41:03 PM »

Yes, it is a pity that they didn't act on it sooner.  First Joe Republic, then Alcon.  Why are all these able forumites resigning, but not the one person who most deserves to? 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2005, 10:41:23 PM »

If you were SoFA, do you really think you could have done a better job?

I think anyone in Atlasia other than ilikeverin could have done a better job, but me especially because...

a.  I rule as I see fit under the laws.  If you don't like it challenge it in court.
b.  I would have started the election myself and counted the votes immediately after the election and posted a certification instead of leaving us hanging.
c.  I would have not waffled under the pressure of other posters.  

To bring some background:  Fritz was the best SoFA ever.  Even though he made some mistakes and got some votes overturned in the SC, he did these three things above and was universally successful.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2005, 10:54:41 PM »

Agreed. Verin suffers from trying to make everyone happy. The result is inconsistency and simply waffling under pressure. I said in July and again in August and I'll say it again. Verin was not cut out for the job of SoFA. He just simply isn't.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2005, 03:02:50 AM »

I retract this statement.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2005, 05:17:22 PM »

a.  I rule as I see fit under the laws.  If you don't like it challenge it in court.
c.  I would have not waffled under the pressure of other posters. 

Next time I'll be sure to go into the next election with preconceived notions of how it should turn out.  No waffling, eh? Smiley

As far as starting the election myself, I knew I wouldn't be on, so I gave that duty to my DSoFA.  As far as posting a certification, I knew I wouldn't be on, so I gave that duty to my DSoFA.  However, since he didn't certify and instead asked me to, I certified myself.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2005, 05:18:26 PM »

He did certify.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 05:23:31 PM »

This is unnessesary.  We can sort this situation out, as need be, later, once this House is back in order.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2005, 05:28:38 PM »

Not according to him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies