What would your 2006 U.S. Senate strategy be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:56:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What would your 2006 U.S. Senate strategy be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would your 2006 U.S. Senate strategy be?  (Read 11115 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 27, 2005, 01:17:06 AM »
« edited: January 27, 2005, 01:19:13 AM by Antifa BRTD »

Giulani is probably smart enough to realize tha tthe Religious Right would never let an adulteror who opposes the ban on partial birth abortions be nominated. He will not run for president, and hasn't given any indication he'll do so. All the rumors about it just came from when the GOP convention was announced to take place in NY, many suspected Bush would further exploit 9/11 by dropping Cheney and replacing him with Guilani, thus putting Giuliani in a good position to run in 2008. That didn't happen, therefore the speculation is bullsh**t, Guilani has given no hints he intends to run, and anyone who honestly thinks he can win the nomination anyway is on crack.

As for Dayton, I will not say he is safe, but he is hardly dead in the water as almost every Republican seems to think, his approval ratings are very decent and Mark Kennedy is the Republican Erskine Bowles, there is nothing about him that makes him an exceptially strong candidate and is actually the weakest candidate out of Minnesota's 4 GOP congressmen. And the state GOP did not have a good election last year.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 01:44:47 PM »

There was polls showing Bush as being competetive in NY at this point in 2003, so that should tell you how much polls mean at this point.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 10:55:43 PM »

No but there is a basis in reality.

Guiliani is just loved by people up there. Hillary is admittedly underrated right now, but against Rudy she would be defeated.

I'm really sure that his convention speech will play so well in NY.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 01:26:27 PM »

TX, UT, IN are safe seats even with retirements, no need to invest money there.

That's a really crappy way of thinking.  Indiana has one Democratic Senator already; it's not impossible to get another one.  Utah could run either of the Matheson brothers and probably win unless the Republicans could pull someone really great out of their bag.  And Texas is not as Conservative as people want others to think.  It is somewhat likely that we could win a Senate seat in that state--I mean, cmon, North Dakota has 2 Democratic Senate seats!

Indiana we might have a shot at, but the other two are no goes. The Democrat party is basically dead in Texas and virtually nonexistance in Utah.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies