Final Vote Totals (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:28:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Final Vote Totals (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Final Vote Totals  (Read 1290 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 22, 2004, 11:23:43 PM »

One mistake I made in that post of mine you copied- its PlatypeanArchcow in the final run-off against StevenNick.  I fixed this in my post on the voting thread.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 05:43:30 PM »

Fellow citizens of the Atlas Forum, after carefully considering the evidence and testimony of all sides, the Atlas Forum Supreme Court comes to the following decision:

NixonNow's vote merged the names of RReagan4EVER and MAS 117.  He did not put any qualifiers next to the name, for example: (UAC-NJ).  Therefore, we do not believe it is clear to tell who he voted for.  For any vote to be valid, there must be no doubt as to the intent of the voter.  Accepting such a confusing vote as valid would set a bad precedent for the future of Atlas Forum elections.

We therefore reverse Secretary of Forum Affairs Fritz's ruling, and declare NixonNow's vote invalid.

-Atlas Forum Chief Justice KEmperor writing for the majority, Justices MAS117 and Nym90 concurring.

Akno21 is declared the winner in District 2A.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies