2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:46:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)  (Read 9538 times)
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« on: April 24, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »

Colorado Senator Cory Gardner Announces Presidential Bid in Yuma, CO

"Good afternoon, everyone, thank you for coming. Today I am here to talk about the future of this country. The powerful spirit and eternal optimism of our people will always make America the greatest country in the world, but unfortunately, I do not believe we are living up to our potential. Tired ideas and burdensome regulations from Washington politicians like Hillary Clinton are stifling our economic growth. I have decided that I can no longer sit on the sidelines and allow the absence of leadership that has occurred in the last twelve years to continue. That's why I am announcing that I will seek the office of President of the United States of America!

Our country needs a leader with fresh, bold ideas for the twenty first century. We will flatten the tax code and eliminate loopholes for special interests. We're going to cut taxes on business owners and put people back to work in this country. I pledge to repeal and replace ObamaCare with a system that will put patients back in charge and achieve true affordability for everyone in America. And lastly, we're going to overhaul the education system and create more options for parents, so that every child has a chance at the education they need to be successful.

These reforms will benefit families from New York City all the way to small towns like right here in Yuma. I'm proud to have been born and raised here, where my father and grandfather were small business owners, selling tractors and providing a vital role in the local economy. Small towns like Yuma are the backbone of this country, but lately they have been left behind. Right now, more than half of the 10 richest counties in the country surround Washington, D.C. Instead of building the economy from Washington out, like Hillary Clinton, I will build the economy from the ground up in small towns and cities alike all across the country.

Our current president, like the president before her, has failed to provide our people with adequate leadership. Abroad, we have seen chaos and terror encroach into more and more parts of the world. At home we have only seen division and gridlock. It does not have to be this way. America can instead have bold leadership that will enact common sense reforms that benefit hardworking taxpayers everywhere. Leadership that will appeal to our hopes and aspirations instead of our fears. Leadership that will leave our allies with no doubt that America will defend the values of liberty and democracy. Leadership that will allow our children to inherit a future that is greater than the present. Our campaign will the the tip of the spear in making these dreams a reality. Thank you, and God bless America!"

Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 06:32:01 PM »

Cory Gardner unveils first round of endorsements

Rep. Mike Coffman

"I've gotten to know Cory over the years as he and I have represented Colorado in Congress. He is the kind of leader that will bring people together and enact common-sense reforms that will move our country forward. I believe Cory Gardner is the best choice for President and I'm proud to give him my endorsement."

Sen. Joni Ernst

"I fully endorse Cory Gardner for President of the United States! He and I were both elected to the Senate in 2014. Since then, he has shown himself to be a fearless leader who will stand up for conservative principles. Senator Gardner has fought against Hillary Clinton's liberal policies on the Second Amendment, on healthcare, on energy, and many other things. He is the best person to lead the fight in taking back the White House."

Gov. Brian Sandoval 

Senator Cory Gardner is a true consensus builder with bold, fresh ideas for the twenty first century. He will achieve commonsense conservative policies that benefit everyone all across America. He is the candidate that can best unite the Republican Party and defeat Hillary Clinton next fall. That is why I am endorsing Cory Gardner for President!"
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 09:22:45 PM »

Cory Gardner - Round 1 Schedule

November 29

Town hall in Sioux City, IA
Town hall in Le Mars, IA
Town hall in Council Bluffs, IA
Town hall in West Des Moines, IA

November 30

Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Campaign rally in Des Moines, IA

"Our government is leaving regular people behind while Washington politicians like Hillary Clinton are growing evermore wealthy and powerful. Folks in Washington need to do their jobs and get the heck out of the way, so that all of the hardworking taxpayers out there can rise and share in our nation's prosperity."

Town hall in Ankeny, IA
Town hall in Ames, IA

December 1

Town hall in Mason City, IA
Town hall in Cedar Falls, IA
Town hall in Waterloo, IA
Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA

December 2

Campaign rally in Cedar Rapids, IA with Sen. Joni Ernst

"Senator Gardner isn't afraid to make hard choices and has been a leader in the Senate from day one. His reforms will make a real difference for Iowa families and I hope that you all will join me in supporting him for President!"

Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
Town hall in Iowa City, IA
Interview with Fox News' Bret Baier

BAIER: "Senator, you're a young guy with a very bright career in the Senate in front of him. Why give that up now to run for President?"
GARDNER: "Well Bret, this isn't really about my Senate career. I didn't come to Washington for job security, and right now I believe I am being called to lead in a different way. We haven't had a real leader in the White House for close to twelve years. Our children face a dimmer and dimmer future every day. That's why we entered this race; so that the people can have the choice to vote for a brighter future for the next generation."

December 3

Town hall in Davenport, IA
Town hall in Burlington, IA
Town hall in Dubuque, IA
Fundraiser in Dubuque, IA

December 4

Town hall in Keene, NH
Town hall in Nashua, NH
Town hall in Derry, NH
Town hall in Salem, NH

December 5

Campaign rally in Manchester, NH

"It is time to put a conservative in the White House again! For twelve years we have seen more taxes, more government, and more chaos around the world. You know, I have three kids; this election is about them. If we don't put the Obama/Clinton doctrine to a stop, then our children could be the first ever generation of Americans who are left with a country in worse shape than their parents. That is not acceptable to me, and I know that is not acceptable to any parents out there. With fresh, bold leadership, we can turn this country around and make the American dream a reality again!"

Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
Town hall in Concord, NH
Town hall in Claremont, NH
Town hall in Lebanon, NH

December 6

Town hall in Plymouth, NH
Town hall in Woodsville, NH
Town hall in Littleton, NH
Town hall in Lancaster, NH

December 7

Town hall in Berlin, NH
Town hall in Conway, NH
Town hall in Franklin, NH
Town hall in Rochester, NH

December 8

Town hall in Dover, NH
Town hall in Portsmouth, NH
Fundraiser in Exeter, NH
Interview with Fox News' Megyn Kelly

KELLY: "Senator, you have been very critical of President Clinton's foreign policy. What will you do differently?"
GARDNER: "Great question, Megyn. The President's half measures have both alienated our allies and emboldened our enemies. When I'm President, we will reach out to our moderate allies in the Muslim World and build an all-encompassing coalition of forces to defeat ISIS once and for all. I will also work with our allies in Eastern Europe to rebuild missile defense programs in that region so that Putin will know that he can no longer encroach on the sovereign territories of European states and get away with it."

December 9

Town hall in Greenville, SC
Town hall in Spartanburg, SC
Town hall in Columbia, SC
Town hall in Augusta, SC

December 10

Town hall in Charleston, SC
Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
Town hall in Raleigh, NC
Fundraiser in Charlotte, NC

December 11

Town hall in Charlotte, NC
Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Campaign rally in Las Vegas, NV with Gov. Brian Sandoval

"We've had enough of career politicians who are worried more about the next election than helping the people who they represent. Instead, we should look to leaders who will do the right thing, whether or not its popular with their party. That's Cory Gardner; he is a conservative committed to doing right by the people of his state and of his country. I hope you all will work with me in making sure Cory is elected President!"

Town hall in Henderson, NV

December 12

Town hall in Pahrump, NV
Town hall in Carson City, NV
Town hall in Sparks, NV
Town hall in Reno, NV

Advertising

Ad #1: Direct to camera spot with Sen. Gardner.

"Hi folks, Cory Gardner here. I'm a United States Senator, but more importantly, I'm a husband and father. Like any parent, I worry about the kind of country my kids will inherit. President Clinton's policies have left many families behind and are giving our children an uncertain future. But it's not too late to turn things around. We need a President who will focus on jobs, on energy independence, on education, so that our children can have a brighter tomorrow. Join me, and we can make the twenty first century the best yet for America."

Airing in: Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, North Carolina, Minnesota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Virginia
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »

OOC: Saw that polls were up before my turn 1 post. Since my first turn and endorsements were still up today, I was hoping they would still count. If not, I can edit the dates and make it into turn 2.
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:16:17 PM »

Cory Gardner Endorsements

Sen. Chuck Grassley

"Cory Gardner is one of the brightest people I have had a chance to work with in the Senate. He is a committed conservative who works hard to get things done for his constituents. I'm proud to endorse him for President."

Sen. Dean Heller

"It's important for Republicans to be united next fall if we want to take back the White House. I believe Cory Gardner can best unite our party with his broad policy knowledge and uplifting agenda. That's why he's earned my endorsement for President."

Sen. Thom Tillis

"Cory and I joined the Senate at the same time and I have seen first hand how hard he will work to get conservative policies enacted in order to benefit the people of his state. His message of hope and American renewal are just what Americans are looking for after 12 disastrous years of Obama and Clinton. I fully endorse him for President and hope that y'all will support him as well."
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 07:14:12 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2016, 08:56:52 PM by Stm85 »

Cory Gardner Turn 2 Schedule

December 13

Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Campaign rally in Las Vegas, NV with Sen. Dean Heller

"Cory Gardner is the kind of Republican that everyone in our party can get behind. He will cut taxes, rein in regulations, fight for the rights of the unborn, and defeat ISIS with overwhelming force. Let's unite behind him now and take back the White House in November!"

Town hall in Norman, OK
Town hall in Oklahoma City, OK

December 14

Town hall in Little Rock, AR
Town hall in Fayetteville, AR
Town hall in Joplin, MO
Town hall in Jefferson City, MO

December 15

Town hall in Kansas City, MO
Town hall in Council Bluffs, IA
Campaign rally in Sioux City, IA

"We cannot afford another Donald Trump, because that would mean another four years of Democrats in charge. Instead of dividing us, I will unite our party and the conservative movement. There is nobody on their side that can defeat a united Republican party."

Town hall in Sheldon, IA

December 16

Town hall in Spirit Lake, IA
Town hall in Estherville, IA
Town hall in Humbolt, IA
Town hall in Fort Dodge, IA

December 17

Town hall in Boone, IA
Campaign rally in Des Moines, IA with Sen. Chuck Grassley

"There is no doubt in my mind that Cory Gardner is the best candidate to take back the Presidency. We need a fresh face that isn't afraid to stand up to special interests and fight for We the People. That's why I'm going to support Cory in the caucuses in February, and I hope you and your family join me too."

Town hall in Osceola, IA
Town hall in Ottumwa, IA

December 18

Town hall in Fort Madison, IA
Fundraiser in Memphis, TN
Town hall in Nashville, TN
Town hall in Chattanooga, TN

December 19

Town hall in Knoxville, TN
Town hall in Asheville, NC
Campaign rally in Charlotte, NC with Sen. Thom Tillis

We've had enough of self-serving politicians who only think about campaign checks from big government special interests. Cory Gardner has the backbone to do the right thing regardless of what Washington elites think. I've seen him do it in the last six years we've spent in the Senate and he'll do it as President. Please join me in making Cory the next President of the United States."

Town hall in Winston-Salem, NC

December 20

Town hall in Greensboro, NC
Town hall in Greenville, NC
Town hall in Wilmington, NC
Town hall in Florence, SC

December 21

Live streaming interview with Townhall Magazine's Katie Pavlich

PAVLICH: "Senator, you've been talking a lot in the last few days about uniting the Republican party. I think we all agree that this is important after 2016, but why are you the right candidate to do it?"
GARDNER: "Well, I certainly believe that I am the candidate best equipped to unite the party, but ultimately that's the voters' call. What I am doing is going across the country and making the case to the people that an optimistic message about conservative reforms, energy independence, and national security is the way forward in bringing our party together and defeating the Democrats next fall."

Town hall in Sumter, SC
Town hall in Orangeburg, SC
Town hall in Summerville, SC

December 22

Campaign rally in Charleston, SC

"The need for new leadership in the White House could not have been made more clear than it just was in the Middle East. We are losing brave young men and women because Hillary Clinton does not have the resolve to fully commit to the fight against ISIS, and neither do any of the people in her party running to replace her. I will use overwhelming force to bring this war to a conclusion that honors those who serve our country and keeps our people safe."

Town hall in Aiken, SC
Town hall in Miami, FL
Fundraiser in Miami, FL

December 23

Town hall in St. Petersburg, FL
Town hall in Tampa, FL
Fundraiser in Tampa, FL
Town hall in Orlando, FL

December 24

Town hall in Gainesville, FL
Town hall in Norfolk, VA
Town hall in Richmond, VA