2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:36:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)  (Read 9570 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2016, 05:49:07 PM »
« edited: April 23, 2016, 08:38:12 AM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

The 2016 Presidential Election resulted in the Democrats maintaining third term in the White House, that is Hillary Clinton winning the presidency. Since she has won, she has led a botched re-invasion of Iraq, continued Obama's healthcare policy, and came out against TPP. She is fighting against everyone really, which means should she choose to seek re-election, she'd likely face a stiff primary challenge. Vice President Sherrod Brown will not run for President unless Clinton doesn't. Donald Trump is another possible contender, after being rejected for the GOP Nomination in 2016.

Rules:

Turns will last 2 weeks, post your campaign schedules in each turn, along with Ads, and maybe a speech if you want some extra points in the polls.

Signups close on 4/25/2016, the first turn will start on 4/23/2016, but signups will not be allowed after the 25th.

Keep your campaign realistic.

You can get 3 endorsements per turn, they have to be realistic though.

Announcements begin now, the first turn will start on November 29th, 2019 so, you can announce your campaign at any date before November 29th.

News events involving random numbers shall occur. I'll post them later, but they'll have 1-50, to create more of a surprise every turn Tongue Cheesy Wink.

The 2016 Election:

Fmr. SoS. Hillary Clinton/Senator Sherrod Brown: 357 Electoral Votes 52.6%
Fmr. Gov. Mitt Romney/Senator Jeff Sessions: 181 Electoral Votes 45.0%

The GOP Convention was open coming into Cleveland, Trump had a narrow majority in delegates but on the third ballot, Romney clinched just above the threshold of delegates needed, causing a Trump convention walkout. A few of his delegates stayed when Sessions was selected as Veep. The Democrats had no such event occur, but also had some protests outside the DNC due to Sanders losing ONLY because of super delegates. In the end, Romney-fatigue led to the GOP getting crushed in November.

----

Democratic Primary Schedule:

Iowa- January 18th, 2020

New Hampshire- January 27th, 2020

Nevada- January 29th, 2020

South Carolina- February 11th, 2020
North Carolina- February 11th, 2020

Alabama- February 13th, 2020
Arkansas- February 13th, 2020
Georgia- February 13th, 2020
Massachusetts- February 13th, 2020
Minnesota- February 13th, 2020
New Mexico- February 13th, 2020
Oklahoma- February 13th, 2020
Tennessee- February 13th, 2020
Wisconsin- February 13th, 2020
Vermont- February 13th, 2020

Virginia- February 18th, 2020

Alaska- February 26th, 2020
Maine- February 26th, 2020
Texas- February 26th, 2020
Wyoming- February 26th, 2020
Puerto Rico: February 26th, 2020

Michigan- March 2nd, 2020
Idaho- March 2nd, 2020
Louisiana- March 2nd, 2020
Kentucky- March 2nd, 2020

Kansas- March 10th, 2020
Hawaii- March 10th, 2020

Arizona- March 15th, 2020

Mississippi- March 23rd, 2020

Florida- March 25th, 2020
Illinois- March 25th, 2020
Missouri- March 25th, 2020
Mississippi- March 25th, 2020
Maryland- March 25th, 2020

New Jersey- March 30th, 2020
N. Mariana Islands- March 30th, 2020
Guam- March 30th, 2020
American Samoa- March 30th, 2020

Puerto Rico- April 8th, 2020

Washington- April 19th, 2020

D.C- April 20th, 2020

North Dakota- April 23rd, 2020

South Dakota- April 23rd, 2020

New York- April 28th, 2020
Maryland- April 28th, 2020
Delaware- April 28th, 2020

Rhode Island- May 5th, 2020
Wisconsin- May 5th, 2020
California- May 5th, 2020
Oregon- May 5th, 2020

Pennsylvania- May 9th, 2020

Connecticut- May 13th, 2020

Utah- May 25th, 2020

West Virginia- June 2nd, 2020

Indiana- June 8th, 2020

Nebraska- June 8th, 2020

Montana- June 14th, 2020

GOP Primary Schedule:

Iowa- January 18th, 2020

New Hampshire- January 27th, 2020

South Carolina- February 1st, 2020

North Carolina- February 5th, 2020
Nevada- February 5th, 2020

Alabama- February 13th, 2020
Alaska- February 13th, 2020
Arkansas- February 13th, 2020
Georgia- February 13th, 2020
Massachusetts- February 13th, 2020
Maine- February 13th, 2020
Minnesota- February 13th, 2020
Oklahoma- February 13th, 2020
Tennessee- February 13th, 2020
Vermont- February 13th, 2020

Virginia- February 18th, 2020

Texas- February 26th, 2020
Wyoming- February 26th, 2020
Puerto Rico- February 26th, 2020

Michigan- March 2nd, 2020
Idaho- March 2nd, 2020
Louisiana- March 2nd, 2020
Kentucky- March 2nd, 2020

Kansas- March 10th, 2020
Hawaii- March 10th, 2020

Arizona- March 15th, 2020

Mississippi- March 21st, 2020

Florida- March 25th, 2020
Illinois- March 25th, 2020
Missouri- March 25th, 2020
Mississippi- March 25th, 2020

New Jersey- March 30th, 2020
North Carolina- March 30th, 2020
N. Mariana Islands- March 30th, 2020
Guam- March 30th, 2020
American Samoa- March 30th, 2020

Puerto Rico- April 5th, 2020

Washington- April 19th, 2020
D.C- April 19th, 2020
North Dakota Caucus- April 19th, 2020

South Dakota Caucus- April 28th, 2020
New York- April 28th, 2020
Maryland- April 28th, 2020
Delaware- April 28th, 2020

Rhode Island- May 5th, 2020
Wisconsin- May 5th, 2020
California- May 5th, 2020
Oregon- May 5th, 2020

Pennsylvania- May 9th, 2020

Connecticut- May 13th, 2020

Utah- May 25th, 2020

West Virginia- June 2nd, 2020

New Mexico- June 7th, 2020

Indiana- June 8th, 2020

Nebraska- June 8th, 2020

Montana- June 14th, 2020

RNC: July 1st-July 4th, 2020

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 06:24:57 PM »

May 3, 2019 - Baltimore, Maryland

Donna Edwards' Announcement Speech

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »

June 19, 2019:

Baker Announces Presidential Campaign

"Bostonians, thank you so much for arriving to see my speech! As we all know, the Republican Party is going up in the polls, and we have to be sure not to botch that. Back in 2016, we couldn't unite as a party, and that resulted in another disastrous President Clinton. Clinton won her nomination in the least democratic way possible. As a result, Clinton has already went back on many of her campaign promises. Her first term has been nothing more than a failure, a catastrophe, a disaster for the United States.

However, the Democrats aren't the only problem. The Republican Party is gradually being taken over by extremism. We need to take this party back to its roots. We are not the party of Donald Trump. We are the party of Abraham Lincoln. We are the party of Theodore Roosevelt. We are the party of Eisenhower and Reagan.

But enough about the past. Let's talk more about the candidate who I am. I was able to win two elections in the bluest of all blue states and kept my approval ratings higher than almost every other governor. Sure, you'll hear some people call me a 'moderate'. But the extremist elements of the Republican Party are why it fell apart in 2016. We need to patch this party back together, and Charlie Baker will work with you all along the way, just as I worked with the residents of Massachusetts. I promise you that if you nominate me, the Republican Party will be winning a whole lot more than 181 electoral votes. Thank you all, and may God bless you."
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
June 24, 2019

I just wanted to start by thanking y'all so much for coming out tonight. You I appreciate everything y'all do in proving that Louisiana is truly the 'Big Easy' and truly the home for hospitality. I would be nothing without you. And the entire state of Louisiana would be nothing without the energy and the love of its people.

But tonight I want to address something serious. I want to address the loveless and inhospitable world of partisan politics that are dividing our country and leaving its control in the hands of radicals and corrupt Washington elites who wouldn't know an honest day's work if it hit them in the face. These folks have ignored the real issues surrounding every day Americans. These folks, seek to denigrate these issues as "kitchen table issues". Well I'm going to be taking these issues straight from the kitchen table to the Oval Office! It is high time that we do away with elitism and corruption in the chambers of our government. We need to show Washington that we will put America first and foremost in our minds and in our platforms.

So that is why tonight, I'm announcing my candidacy for the Democratic nomination for the President of the United States. It's time that we bring the values and the hospitality of the French Quarter to Pennsylvania Avenue! You've helped do the impossible so far. You've elected this old Democrat to the highest office in a safely red state, and now it's time to do it in the highest office in the entire land. Thank you! 
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »

Jim Webb 2020

I want to make America great once more.  I am running for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States  To do this, I urge you to rid the Democratic Party of Hillary Clinton.  We first elected a Clinton in 1992, and since then have seen eleven years of a Clinton in the White House and a Clinton at the State Department for another four.  Over half of the last twenty-seven years have had rule by the Clintons.  They have brought us disaster.  The first Clinton signed NAFTA, while the second gave us an unwinnable and unnecessary war in Iraq.  2020 will be a plebescite to decide if we want to continue down this neo-liberal path that is taking American jobs and lives at a fast pace or if we will throw off the shackles of dynastic politics and elect a fresh face to the Presidency.  If you elect me, I will bring our jobs and troops back home!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 09:56:53 PM »

Charlie Baker Campaign Schedule:

November 29:

Town Hall in Derry, NH
Town Hall in Manchester, NH
Town Hall in Keene, NH

November 30:

Town Hall in Claremont, NH
Town Hall in Concord, NH
Town Hall in Laconia, NH
Town Hall in Dover, NH

Excerpt from the Concord town hall:

Q: Governor Baker, as you know, the issue of transgender rights has heated up quite a bit in recent years. What would your opinion be on this?
A: I believe that, honestly, transgender people should be able to use whatever restroom they wish. I supported gay rights when that was a hot-button issue, and I see no reason why transgender rights should be any different.

December 1:

Town Hall in Conway, NH
Town Hall in Berlin, NH
Town Hall in Lebanon, NH

December 2:

Arrive in Iowa
Rally in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Muscatine, IA
Town Hall in Wapello, IA

December 3:

Town Hall in Burlington, IA
Town Hall in Fort Madison, IA
Town Hall in Keosauqua, IA

December 4:

Town Hall in Bloomfield, IA
Town Hall in Centerville, IA
Town Hall in Corydon, IA

December 5:

Town Hall in Lamoni, IA
Town Hall in Mount Ayr, IA
Town Hall in Bedford, IA

December 6:

Town Hall in Clarinda, IA
Town Hall in Hamburg, IA
Town Hall in Glenwood, IA

Excerpt from the Clarinda town hall:

Q: Governor Baker, what will your top priority be as President?
A: We have to create more jobs for the American people. Due to presidents Obama and Clinton, countless jobs have been lost. These hardworking men and women didn't deserve to lose these jobs because the government wanted more control. As President, I am going to work as hard as I possibly can to shrink the government and give these people their jobs back.

December 7:

Town Hall in Red Oak, IA
Town Hall in Corning, IA
Town Hall in Creston, IA

December 8:

Town Hall in Osceola, IA
Town Hall in Chariton, IA
Town Hall in Albia, IA

December 9:

Town Hall in Ottumwa, IA
Town Hall in Fairfield, IA
Town Hall in Mount Pleasant, IA

December 10:

Town Hall in Washington, IA
Town Hall in Sigourney, IA
Town Hall in Oskaloosa, IA

December 11:

Town Hall in Pella, IA
Town Hall in Indianola, IA
Town Hall in Winterset, IA

December 12:

Town Hall in Greenfield, IA
Town Hall in Atlantic, IA
Rally in Council Bluffs, IA

Excerpt from the Council Bluffs rally:

I have said before, people will say I'm a moderate, people will say I'm a RINO, people will say all sorts of crazy things. Well, my belief is that we need a moderate in the White House. Both the left and the right refuse to compromise on anything. We need a moderate who can reach across the aisle, and I will be that man.

ADVERTISEMENT 001

From the very start of his political career, Charlie Baker has worked for fiscal responsibility. He managed to get elected in the Democratic stronghold of Massachusetts with high approval ratings and used his ability to compromise and economic views to make Massachusetts one of the top states in the country. And after 12 years of reckless spending, it's time to return to an era of compromise and responsibility with Charlie Baker.

To be aired in:
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »

Charlie Baker Endorsements:

"It is important that New Hampshire votes for the candidate who will actually help the people of New England, and no candidate has done more for the people of New England than Charlie Baker."

"I have known Governor Baker for many years, and I definitely know him well enough to know that he has an impressive work ethic and the goal to fix our economy once and for all."

"The fact is, after twelve years of Democrats ruining our budget, we need a sensible person in the White House. That is why I will be choosing Charlie Baker, and why all of the people in Iowa should choose him too."
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 11:00:20 AM »

John Bel Edwards Campaign Schedule

November 27:
Town Hall in Haverhill, NH
Meet and Greet in Alexandria, NH
Rally in Lebanon, NH

November 28:

Town Hall in Lancaster, NH
Town Hall in Jefferson, NH
Rally in Berlin, NH

November 30:

Rally in Davenport, IA
Rally in Battendorf, IA
Town Hall in Tipton, IA

December 1:

Town Hall in Oxford, IA
Rally in Iowa City, IA
Town Hall in Lone Tree, IA

December 2:

Meet and Greet in Sigourney, IA
Town Hall in Washington, IA
Rally at University of Iowa, IA

December 3:

Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Town Hall in Maquoketa, IA
Rally at Ashford University, IA

December 4:

Town Hall in Jasper, IA
Town Hall in Knoxville, IA
Town Hall in Pella, IA

December 5:

Town Hall in Altoona, IA
Town Hall in Elkhart, IA
Rally in Des Moines, IA

December 6:

Town Hall in Beaver, IA
Town Hall in Webster City, IA
Meet and Greet in Grand Junction, IA

December 7:

Town Hall in Leon, IA
Town Hall in Lamoni, IA
Rally at Iowa State University, IA

December 8:

Town Hall in Sac City, IA
Meet and Greet in Early, IA
Evening Mass in Rockwell City, IA

December 9:

Town Hall in Carroll, IA
Town Hall in Denison, IA
Town Hall in Harlan, IA

December 10:

Town Hall in Logan, IA
Rally in Missouri Valley, IA
Town Hall in Oskaloosa, IA

December 11:

Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA
Town Hall in Onawa, IA
Rally in Sioux City, IA

December 12:

Town Hall in Le Mars, IA
Town Hall in Cherokee, IA
Town Hall in Primghar, IA

December 13:

Town Hall in Algona, IA
Town Hall in Lakota, IA
Town Hall in Forest City, IA

December 14:

Rally at Northwestern College, IA
Town Hall in Osage, IA
Town Hall in Charles City, IA
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »

First "real" turn begins tomorrow. Please post announcements and schedules, if no announcements are posted, your candidate will have a very low rating in the polls. So far Baker, Edwards, and Edwards have announced
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 05:34:08 PM »

Presidential Announcement Speech-Portland Oregon June 5th 2019

Good Afternoon America, today I am kicking off my Presidential Campaign. As a nation we are facing an health care system riddled with sky high costs, a dysfunctional education system, high middle class taxes. As a True Progressive I will fight for real change. As President I will lower middle class taxes, introduce practical cost efficient healthcare reform. I will continue the push to expand renewable energy and sustainable fossil fuel production. I  will reform are education system from k-post secondary.

Together we can make significant progressive change happen!, thank you God bless America!     

Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »

Colorado Senator Cory Gardner Announces Presidential Bid in Yuma, CO

"Good afternoon, everyone, thank you for coming. Today I am here to talk about the future of this country. The powerful spirit and eternal optimism of our people will always make America the greatest country in the world, but unfortunately, I do not believe we are living up to our potential. Tired ideas and burdensome regulations from Washington politicians like Hillary Clinton are stifling our economic growth. I have decided that I can no longer sit on the sidelines and allow the absence of leadership that has occurred in the last twelve years to continue. That's why I am announcing that I will seek the office of President of the United States of America!

Our country needs a leader with fresh, bold ideas for the twenty first century. We will flatten the tax code and eliminate loopholes for special interests. We're going to cut taxes on business owners and put people back to work in this country. I pledge to repeal and replace ObamaCare with a system that will put patients back in charge and achieve true affordability for everyone in America. And lastly, we're going to overhaul the education system and create more options for parents, so that every child has a chance at the education they need to be successful.

These reforms will benefit families from New York City all the way to small towns like right here in Yuma. I'm proud to have been born and raised here, where my father and grandfather were small business owners, selling tractors and providing a vital role in the local economy. Small towns like Yuma are the backbone of this country, but lately they have been left behind. Right now, more than half of the 10 richest counties in the country surround Washington, D.C. Instead of building the economy from Washington out, like Hillary Clinton, I will build the economy from the ground up in small towns and cities alike all across the country.

Our current president, like the president before her, has failed to provide our people with adequate leadership. Abroad, we have seen chaos and terror encroach into more and more parts of the world. At home we have only seen division and gridlock. It does not have to be this way. America can instead have bold leadership that will enact common sense reforms that benefit hardworking taxpayers everywhere. Leadership that will appeal to our hopes and aspirations instead of our fears. Leadership that will leave our allies with no doubt that America will defend the values of liberty and democracy. Leadership that will allow our children to inherit a future that is greater than the present. Our campaign will the the tip of the spear in making these dreams a reality. Thank you, and God bless America!"

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

John Bel Edwards endorsements:

Cedric Richmond

Governor Edwards has simply worked for wonders for the state of Louisiana in general, and its Black population in particular. President Clinton has gone back on each and every promise she has made to the Black community, and has yet to answer for it!

Bill Nelson

She's lost her touch. I hate to say it, but the President has lost her touch. She's allowed this country, and our party to be ruled over by these very conservative ideals and pieces of legislation. I think Governor Edwards is frankly the best candidate out there to turn this mess around.

Dick Gephardt

You know, I never thought something like this could happen in this day and age. I truly never thought that the Democratic party would actually be led down this path. But Clinton and the neoliberal wing of the party are just leading the rest of the Democrats into a very dark place. Of the candidates running, I think he is really the only true Democrat.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 07:23:31 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2016, 07:29:32 PM by MikeWells12 »

Campaign Schedule

November 29

Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Newton, Iowa
Town Hall in Grinnell, Iowa

November 30

Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Rally in Iowa City, Iowa

“In this country today, the rich only get richer, while those in poverty struggle to get by. Just yesterday in Newton, I met a single mother who was struggling every day to get food on the table to feed her children. I know how that feels. I’ve been there. Together, we can fix this travesty. I have a three-point plan that will fix income inequality and help those who are just barely getting by, or maybe even not at all.”

December 1

Rally in Davenport, Iowa

December 2

Town Hall in Moline, Illinois
Rally in Burlington, Iowa

December 3

Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa
Town Hall in Nauvoo, Illinois
Town Hall in Keokuk, Iowa

December 4

Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
Town Hall in Iowa Falls, Iowa
Town Hall in Webster City, Iowa

“Once she took office, Hillary Clinton almost instantaneously sent American soldiers into Iraq. How will your foreign policy differ from President Clinton, especially in regard to Iraq?”
“I opposed the Iraq War from the start, and while I admire President Clinton, I completely disagree with the idea sending us back into Iraq. My foreign policy will be a little different from the these hawkish decisions being made right now in Washington. We live in a complex world, where military action may have unforeseen consequences. Instead military action should be a last resort, once all lines of diplomacy have failed.”

December 5

Arrive in Vermont
Rally in Burlington, Vermont (w/ Bernie Sanders)

“In this world, when the richest one percent of Americans are making ninety percent of the wealth, when the real unemployment for African-Americans is 31 percent, when millions of Americans still do not have any health insurance, we need change. There is only one candidate I know of that will bring the change we need. This candidate. . . is Donna Edwards!”

Rally in Montpelier, Vermont

December 6

Town Hall in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire

December 7

Arrive in North Carolina
Rally in Greensboro, North Carolina

December 8

Rally in Winston-Salem. North Carolina

December 9      

Town Hall in Hickory, North Carolina
Rally in Charlotte, North Carolina

December 10

Rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
Town Hall in Lexington, South Carolina

“You propose such ideas as debt free college and expanding Medicare and Social Security. How will you pay for all of this?”
“People have been asking me how I’m going to pay for these policies I keep proposing a lot, and I recently released my tax plan, which gives you all the details. I will raise taxes on the rich and wealthiest Americans. In doing so, I will be able to cut your taxes and give middle class and poor Americans the tax breaks they so desperately need in these times. I will also cut our enormous defense budget and remove a lot of the useless programs in there.”

December 11

Town Hall in Orangeburg, South Carolina
Town Hall in Summerville, South Carolina
Rally in Charleston, South Carolina

December 12

Arrive in Nevada
Town Hall in Henderson, Nevada
Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada

Endorsements

Bernie Sanders - See Above

Kirsten Gillibrand - “I agree with Donna Edwards in a lot of places. It makes sense that I would endorse her. She is an impressive progressive, and I mean it. She has an impressive record in Congress, she has outstanding experience outside Washington, and the ideals she is running on ring true to all of us. I encourage New Yorkers to vote for her in the primaries.”

Chris Van Hollen - “I ran against her once, so I know her well. She would inspire many people to vote and bring the progressive policies America needs to the White House. I couldn’t think of anyone more perfect for the nomination and presidency. I do admire a lot of her work inside Congress and outside Congress, too. Experience is an important quality in a president.”

Advertisements

Advertisement #001: Meet Donna Edwards
“Donna Edwards was born in Yanceyville, North Carolina and studied at Wake Forest University in North Carolina and Franklin Pierce Law Center in New Hampshire. Since then, she worked as a District of Columbia Superior Court judge, the executive director of the Foundation for a New Democracy, and executive director of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. In 2008, she was elected to Congress to represent Maryland, where she served on the Economic Development Subcommittee and was considered one of the most reliable Democratic votes. Now, she is running for president on a platform of income equality, helping families, and keeping a sensible foreign policy. And she needs your vote.”
Airs in:

Advertisement #004: Equality
“Equality is an important part of Donna’s campaign. As president, she would ensure equal pay for equal work and advocate for LGBT equality, along with equal access to health care and education, all of which are basic human rights. She would also address the inequality of a system which seems rigged against the African-American community and take measures to create jobs and reduce police violence. A vote for Edwards is a vote for one of the most basic American principles: equality.”
Airs in:
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 07:33:31 PM »

America Matters Advertisement

When it comes to elections and our democratic system of governance, it is important to know what matters to each of the candidates. It's no secret that political prestige is the only thing that matters to the big wigs in Washington. Shouldn't our system of values govern our political system too? America matters to Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, and he will ensure that the White House respects the wants and needs of every American. Not just the investors on Wall Street or the activists in San Francisco.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 12:15:45 AM »

Will post schedual tomorrow have posted announcement     
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 07:46:56 AM »

When are you posting poll numbers?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 03:42:35 PM »

John Bel Edwards endorsements:

Cedric Richmond

Governor Edwards has simply worked for wonders for the state of Louisiana in general, and its Black population in particular. President Clinton has gone back on each and every promise she has made to the Black community, and has yet to answer for it!

Bill Nelson

She's lost her touch. I hate to say it, but the President has lost her touch. She's allowed this country, and our party to be ruled over by these very conservative ideals and pieces of legislation. I think Governor Edwards is frankly the best candidate out there to turn this mess around.

Dick Gephardt

You know, I never thought something like this could happen in this day and age. I truly never thought that the Democratic party would actually be led down this path. But Clinton and the neoliberal wing of the party are just leading the rest of the Democrats into a very dark place. Of the candidates running, I think he is really the only true Democrat.

You're really supposed to PM for endorsements, but those seem realistic! Next time PM pls though!

Campaign Schedule

November 29

Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Newton, Iowa
Town Hall in Grinnell, Iowa

November 30

Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Rally in Iowa City, Iowa

“In this country today, the rich only get richer, while those in poverty struggle to get by. Just yesterday in Newton, I met a single mother who was struggling every day to get food on the table to feed her children. I know how that feels. I’ve been there. Together, we can fix this travesty. I have a three-point plan that will fix income inequality and help those who are just barely getting by, or maybe even not at all.”

December 1

Rally in Davenport, Iowa

December 2

Town Hall in Moline, Illinois
Rally in Burlington, Iowa

December 3

Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa
Town Hall in Nauvoo, Illinois
Town Hall in Keokuk, Iowa

December 4

Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
Town Hall in Iowa Falls, Iowa
Town Hall in Webster City, Iowa

“Once she took office, Hillary Clinton almost instantaneously sent American soldiers into Iraq. How will your foreign policy differ from President Clinton, especially in regard to Iraq?”
“I opposed the Iraq War from the start, and while I admire President Clinton, I completely disagree with the idea sending us back into Iraq. My foreign policy will be a little different from the these hawkish decisions being made right now in Washington. We live in a complex world, where military action may have unforeseen consequences. Instead military action should be a last resort, once all lines of diplomacy have failed.”

December 5

Arrive in Vermont
Rally in Burlington, Vermont (w/ Bernie Sanders)

“In this world, when the richest one percent of Americans are making ninety percent of the wealth, when the real unemployment for African-Americans is 31 percent, when millions of Americans still do not have any health insurance, we need change. There is only one candidate I know of that will bring the change we need. This candidate. . . is Donna Edwards!”

Rally in Montpelier, Vermont

December 6

Town Hall in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire

December 7

Arrive in North Carolina
Rally in Greensboro, North Carolina

December 8

Rally in Winston-Salem. North Carolina

December 9      

Town Hall in Hickory, North Carolina
Rally in Charlotte, North Carolina

December 10

Rally in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
Town Hall in Lexington, South Carolina

“You propose such ideas as debt free college and expanding Medicare and Social Security. How will you pay for all of this?”
“People have been asking me how I’m going to pay for these policies I keep proposing a lot, and I recently released my tax plan, which gives you all the details. I will raise taxes on the rich and wealthiest Americans. In doing so, I will be able to cut your taxes and give middle class and poor Americans the tax breaks they so desperately need in these times. I will also cut our enormous defense budget and remove a lot of the useless programs in there.”

December 11

Town Hall in Orangeburg, South Carolina
Town Hall in Summerville, South Carolina
Rally in Charleston, South Carolina

December 12

Arrive in Nevada
Town Hall in Henderson, Nevada
Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada

Endorsements

Bernie Sanders - See Above

Kirsten Gillibrand - “I agree with Donna Edwards in a lot of places. It makes sense that I would endorse her. She is an impressive progressive, and I mean it. She has an impressive record in Congress, she has outstanding experience outside Washington, and the ideals she is running on ring true to all of us. I encourage New Yorkers to vote for her in the primaries.”

Chris Van Hollen - “I ran against her once, so I know her well. She would inspire many people to vote and bring the progressive policies America needs to the White House. I couldn’t think of anyone more perfect for the nomination and presidency. I do admire a lot of her work inside Congress and outside Congress, too. Experience is an important quality in a president.”

Advertisements

Advertisement #001: Meet Donna Edwards
“Donna Edwards was born in Yanceyville, North Carolina and studied at Wake Forest University in North Carolina and Franklin Pierce Law Center in New Hampshire. Since then, she worked as a District of Columbia Superior Court judge, the executive director of the Foundation for a New Democracy, and executive director of the National Network to End Domestic Violence. In 2008, she was elected to Congress to represent Maryland, where she served on the Economic Development Subcommittee and was considered one of the most reliable Democratic votes. Now, she is running for president on a platform of income equality, helping families, and keeping a sensible foreign policy. And she needs your vote.”
Airs in:

Advertisement #004: Equality
“Equality is an important part of Donna’s campaign. As president, she would ensure equal pay for equal work and advocate for LGBT equality, along with equal access to health care and education, all of which are basic human rights. She would also address the inequality of a system which seems rigged against the African-American community and take measures to create jobs and reduce police violence. A vote for Edwards is a vote for one of the most basic American principles: equality.”
Airs in:

you also gotta request for em XD you can have them for this turn!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:09 PM »

Whoops! Forgot to PM, thanks for the approval though!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2016, 05:45:40 PM by Southeast Speaker Haslam2020 »

The Election begins!

The Presidential Election has kicked off and is in full swing! It all began although originally "planning" to run, the President said she needed to focus on governing. Though President Clinton isn't running for re-election, several candidates are fighting to take her place in 2020.

On the Democratic side, Governor John Bel Edwards is leading with the moderate and blue dog lane, citing his accomplishments while Governor of Louisiana, and being endorsed by a few key moderate figures. Former Representative Donna Edwards is becoming the liberal favorite, yet Merkley could potentially sneak up on her. Former Senator and 2016 Presidential Candidate Jim Webb has not officially announced a "real" announcement speech yet, but is running.

On the Republican side, Governor Baker is the Moderate favorite, getting all of the anti-Trump forces and they're quickly beginning to coalesce around him. Senator Cory Gardner is the Conservative favorite, Senator Tim Scott is not actively going for it yet, but he's another conservative-ish outsider favorite. Senator Rand Paul is the libertarian favorite. You also have Former Senator Marco Rubio, running last in the pack so far.

RNC Democratic Primary National Poll (December 13th, 2019)Sad

John Bel Edwards: 34%
Donna Edwards: 23%
Jeff Merkley: 19%
Jim Webb: 5%
Undecided: 19%

RNC Republican Primary National Poll (December 13th, 2019)Sad

Charlie Baker: 26%
Cory Gardner: 20%
Tim Scott: 14%
Rand Paul: 14%
Marco Rubio: 6%
Undecided: 20%

Iowa Democratic Caucus Poll (December 13th, 2019)Sad

John Bel Edwards: 36%
Donna Edwards: 30%
Jeff Merkley: 20%
Jim Webb: 9%
Undecided: 5%

Iowa Republican Caucus Poll (December 13th, 2019)Sad

Cory Gardner: 25%
Charlie Baker: 24%
Tim Scott: 14%
Rand Paul: 10%
Marco Rubio: 5%
Undecided: 22%

New Hampshire Republican Primary Poll (December 13th, 2019)Sad

John Bel Edwards: 34%
Donna Edwards: 33%
Jeff Merkley: 19%
Jim Webb: 3%
Undecided: 11%

New Hampshire Republican Primary Poll (December 13th, 2019)Sad

Charlie Baker: 30%
Rand Paul: 24%
Cory Gardner: 13%
Tim Scott: 9%
Marco Rubio: 6%
Undecided: 18%

General Election Poll (December 13th, 2019:)

Generic Republican: 45%
Generic Democrat: 40%
Lincoln Chafee: 10%
Undecided: 5%

News:

In the news, Former Vice President Dick Cheney passed away on December 11th, 2019. He was 78 years old, his heart failed, his funeral is on December 15th, and will be attended by the President, Former Presidents Clinton, Obama, and W. George W. Bush and Hillary Clinton will deliver a joint eulogy.

The Governor of Alaska, Bill Walker also passed away on December 13th, 2019. He will be replaced by Lt. Governor Byron Mallott, who is in his late 70s.

A devastating battle in Southern attack against ISIS fighters kills 24 U.S soldiers and 250 ISIS fighters. It was one of the most devastating battles of the past six months and approval of the war has declined to 33%.

(I use random number generators for all these.)

New Rules:

PLEASE PM BEFORE ENDORSEMENTS!!!

Basically the only new rule lol

TURN 2 BEGINS NOW, DECEMBER 13TH, 2019-DECEMBER 26TH, 2019!

(debates next turn lolol post schedules Cheesy and request pms for this turn lolol)

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 04:42:45 PM »

Whoops! Forgot to PM, thanks for the approval though!

no problem XD
msnmllr
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 05:24:43 PM »

Hope I'm not late to the party Tongue
Brown University
Providence, Rhode Island
March 21, 2019

Hello everyone. I would personally like to thank each and every one of you who came here today to hear what exactly I have to say.

I am formally announcing today that I will be running for President of the United States of America, not as a Republican or a Democrat, but as an Independent. For too long, there hasn't a candidate that truly wishes to represent the average American. As Americans, you should vote for whichever candidate you feel will best represent you. Do you honestly think that Republicans or Democrats were truly represented in 2016? I can comfortably say that they were not.

As Governor of this great state, I was able to pull Rhode Island out of recession, increase the amount of tax dollars given to better schools, and was a champion of people's rights. I can assure everyone that if I am elected President, that will do the same for this great nation.

Let it be known that this campaign isn't geared towards the "disenfranchised" Republicans and Democrats, but it is geared towards anyone who wants to see real change and real reform. Look folks, I'll need all the support I can get. If you a member of the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, the Libertarian Party, the Green Party, the Constitution Party, or whichever party you are a part of, know that you can all rally behind a candidate who truly cares about this Nation and her people.

Thank you
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 05:34:05 PM »

Hope I'm not late to the party Tongue
Brown University
Providence, Rhode Island
March 21, 2019

Hello everyone. I would personally like to thank each and every one of you who came here today to hear what exactly I have to say.

I am formally announcing today that I will be running for President of the United States of America, not as a Republican or a Democrat, but as an Independent. For too long, there hasn't a candidate that truly wishes to represent the average American. As Americans, you should vote for whichever candidate you feel will best represent you. Do you honestly think that Republicans or Democrats were truly represented in 2016? I can comfortably say that they were not.

As Governor of this great state, I was able to pull Rhode Island out of recession, increase the amount of tax dollars given to better schools, and was a champion of people's rights. I can assure everyone that if I am elected President, that will do the same for this great nation.

Let it be known that this campaign isn't geared towards the "disenfranchised" Republicans and Democrats, but it is geared towards anyone who wants to see real change and real reform. Look folks, I'll need all the support I can get. If you a member of the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, the Libertarian Party, the Green Party, the Constitution Party, or whichever party you are a part of, know that you can all rally behind a candidate who truly cares about this Nation and her people.

Thank you

You ain't but yayyyyy an indy! I'll add general election polls!
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 06:32:01 PM »

Cory Gardner unveils first round of endorsements

Rep. Mike Coffman

"I've gotten to know Cory over the years as he and I have represented Colorado in Congress. He is the kind of leader that will bring people together and enact common-sense reforms that will move our country forward. I believe Cory Gardner is the best choice for President and I'm proud to give him my endorsement."

Sen. Joni Ernst

"I fully endorse Cory Gardner for President of the United States! He and I were both elected to the Senate in 2014. Since then, he has shown himself to be a fearless leader who will stand up for conservative principles. Senator Gardner has fought against Hillary Clinton's liberal policies on the Second Amendment, on healthcare, on energy, and many other things. He is the best person to lead the fight in taking back the White House."

Gov. Brian Sandoval 

Senator Cory Gardner is a true consensus builder with bold, fresh ideas for the twenty first century. He will achieve commonsense conservative policies that benefit everyone all across America. He is the candidate that can best unite the Republican Party and defeat Hillary Clinton next fall. That is why I am endorsing Cory Gardner for President!"
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 09:22:45 PM »

Cory Gardner - Round 1 Schedule

November 29

Town hall in Sioux City, IA
Town hall in Le Mars, IA
Town hall in Council Bluffs, IA
Town hall in West Des Moines, IA

November 30

Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Campaign rally in Des Moines, IA

"Our government is leaving regular people behind while Washington politicians like Hillary Clinton are growing evermore wealthy and powerful. Folks in Washington need to do their jobs and get the heck out of the way, so that all of the hardworking taxpayers out there can rise and share in our nation's prosperity."

Town hall in Ankeny, IA
Town hall in Ames, IA

December 1

Town hall in Mason City, IA
Town hall in Cedar Falls, IA
Town hall in Waterloo, IA
Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA

December 2

Campaign rally in Cedar Rapids, IA with Sen. Joni Ernst

"Senator Gardner isn't afraid to make hard choices and has been a leader in the Senate from day one. His reforms will make a real difference for Iowa families and I hope that you all will join me in supporting him for President!"

Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
Town hall in Iowa City, IA
Interview with Fox News' Bret Baier

BAIER: "Senator, you're a young guy with a very bright career in the Senate in front of him. Why give that up now to run for President?"
GARDNER: "Well Bret, this isn't really about my Senate career. I didn't come to Washington for job security, and right now I believe I am being called to lead in a different way. We haven't had a real leader in the White House for close to twelve years. Our children face a dimmer and dimmer future every day. That's why we entered this race; so that the people can have the choice to vote for a brighter future for the next generation."

December 3

Town hall in Davenport, IA
Town hall in Burlington, IA
Town hall in Dubuque, IA
Fundraiser in Dubuque, IA

December 4

Town hall in Keene, NH
Town hall in Nashua, NH
Town hall in Derry, NH
Town hall in Salem, NH

December 5

Campaign rally in Manchester, NH

"It is time to put a conservative in the White House again! For twelve years we have seen more taxes, more government, and more chaos around the world. You know, I have three kids; this election is about them. If we don't put the Obama/Clinton doctrine to a stop, then our children could be the first ever generation of Americans who are left with a country in worse shape than their parents. That is not acceptable to me, and I know that is not acceptable to any parents out there. With fresh, bold leadership, we can turn this country around and make the American dream a reality again!"

Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
Town hall in Concord, NH
Town hall in Claremont, NH
Town hall in Lebanon, NH

December 6

Town hall in Plymouth, NH
Town hall in Woodsville, NH
Town hall in Littleton, NH
Town hall in Lancaster, NH

December 7

Town hall in Berlin, NH
Town hall in Conway, NH
Town hall in Franklin, NH
Town hall in Rochester, NH

December 8

Town hall in Dover, NH
Town hall in Portsmouth, NH
Fundraiser in Exeter, NH
Interview with Fox News' Megyn Kelly

KELLY: "Senator, you have been very critical of President Clinton's foreign policy. What will you do differently?"
GARDNER: "Great question, Megyn. The President's half measures have both alienated our allies and emboldened our enemies. When I'm President, we will reach out to our moderate allies in the Muslim World and build an all-encompassing coalition of forces to defeat ISIS once and for all. I will also work with our allies in Eastern Europe to rebuild missile defense programs in that region so that Putin will know that he can no longer encroach on the sovereign territories of European states and get away with it."

December 9

Town hall in Greenville, SC
Town hall in Spartanburg, SC
Town hall in Columbia, SC
Town hall in Augusta, SC

December 10

Town hall in Charleston, SC
Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
Town hall in Raleigh, NC
Fundraiser in Charlotte, NC

December 11

Town hall in Charlotte, NC
Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Campaign rally in Las Vegas, NV with Gov. Brian Sandoval

"We've had enough of career politicians who are worried more about the next election than helping the people who they represent. Instead, we should look to leaders who will do the right thing, whether or not its popular with their party. That's Cory Gardner; he is a conservative committed to doing right by the people of his state and of his country. I hope you all will work with me in making sure Cory is elected President!"

Town hall in Henderson, NV

December 12

Town hall in Pahrump, NV
Town hall in Carson City, NV
Town hall in Sparks, NV
Town hall in Reno, NV

Advertising

Ad #1: Direct to camera spot with Sen. Gardner.

"Hi folks, Cory Gardner here. I'm a United States Senator, but more importantly, I'm a husband and father. Like any parent, I worry about the kind of country my kids will inherit. President Clinton's policies have left many families behind and are giving our children an uncertain future. But it's not too late to turn things around. We need a President who will focus on jobs, on energy independence, on education, so that our children can have a brighter tomorrow. Join me, and we can make the twenty first century the best yet for America."

Airing in: Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, North Carolina, Minnesota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Virginia
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »

OOC: Saw that polls were up before my turn 1 post. Since my first turn and endorsements were still up today, I was hoping they would still count. If not, I can edit the dates and make it into turn 2.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies