New York Governor- 2014- Astornio vs Cuomo (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:53:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York Governor- 2014- Astornio vs Cuomo (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York Governor- 2014- Astornio vs Cuomo  (Read 19842 times)
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« on: July 31, 2014, 11:53:00 PM »

Certainly a long shot, but given the recent corruption questions surrounding Cuomo, is it possible that Teachout could have a better-than-expected showing in the primary?  I'm not suggesting she wins, I think that would require an upset even greater than Cantor's loss, but what if she gets around 40% of the vote, that would be very significant, I would imagine, in the GE, but I suppose Teachout voters would never back the Republican...
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:36:53 PM »

Certainly a long shot, but given the recent corruption questions surrounding Cuomo, is it possible that Teachout could have a better-than-expected showing in the primary?  I'm not suggesting she wins, I think that would require an upset even greater than Cantor's loss, but what if she gets around 40% of the vote, that would be very significant, I would imagine, in the GE, but I suppose Teachout voters would never back the Republican...

Actually given Cuomo's ethics issues, I wouldn't be surprised if Teachout won... The problem is she wouldn't beat Astorino in a General election.

Really?? Is there even any polling?
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:27:40 PM »

Actually given Cuomo's ethics issues, I wouldn't be surprised if Teachout won... The problem is she wouldn't beat Astorino in a General election.

Teachout isn't winning anything unless Cuomo is found in bed with a dead girl.  Even then, it probably wouldn't matter because he's not married.  This ethics scandal probably won't amount to much.  Astorino and Teachout simply don't have the money to publicize it on TV.  The Democratic party is currently trying to paint Astorino as unethical for giving jobs to the politically connected in recent ads.

Yeah, the only thing Teachout has going for her is its a primary and her voters will probably make sure to vote, but Cuomo will be able to turnout enough to win.
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »

Why is Cuomo wasting his time going after Teachout's residency?  Or is he not wasting his time and he feels threatened by her??
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »

I hope Teachout pulls out a miracle and wins this, then Hawkins and Teachout can combine forces and she would become governor

Cuomo is still on the Working Families Party's line, isn't he?  He could run a strong campaign from there, I feel.
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »

I like Teachout.  I admire her for taking on the establishment and I like her thoughts on campaign finance reform.  I don't know if I could vote for her, but I respect her a great deal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies