RISK Capital II: Finished!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:12:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Capital II: Finished!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
Author Topic: RISK Capital II: Finished!  (Read 60427 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: March 09, 2007, 11:20:51 AM »

Why don't you just put everything in Nevada, conquer the Southwest take Texas and then knock out Missouri? You disable Mas and Colin, making it impossible for them to win, and also get hold of a capital and a region. But, hey...it's your chose.
More to the point, why not put those eight into California instead of Nevada, and simply conquer Michigan, New Jersey, and Texas this round?

I would never be able to hold them all.
You would not need to. -_-
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #476 on: March 09, 2007, 01:23:23 PM »

Why don't you just put everything in Nevada, conquer the Southwest take Texas and then knock out Missouri? You disable Mas and Colin, making it impossible for them to win, and also get hold of a capital and a region. But, hey...it's your chose.
More to the point, why not put those eight into California instead of Nevada, and simply conquer Michigan, New Jersey, and Texas this round?

I would never be able to hold them all.
You would not need to. -_-

Sure I would... I would have to hold them against Colin, at least.  All he would have to do is sweep through Wisconsin, and then Michigan, etc.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #477 on: March 09, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »

How many capitals, exactly, do you need to immediately win the game, again?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #478 on: March 09, 2007, 01:32:05 PM »

You need to take three enemy capitals and hold them til the end of the turn, no?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #479 on: March 09, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »

You need to take three enemy capitals and hold them til the end of the turn, no?

That's correct, so I'm not entirely sure how any kind of retaliation from any other player would be of any importance.  The minute a player has taken their third capital (and they still hold their own), they've won.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #480 on: March 09, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »

Put 9 bats in Minnesota...

All out attack from Minnesota---> Wisconsin

Put the other 8 in Nevada---> Arizona

Reinforcements

Three cards have been traded in, worth 10 battalions.

Of the 17 available battalions, 9 have been deployed in Minnesota, where there are now 11 in total; and 8 have been deployed in Nevada, where there are now 9 in total.

Attacks

Minnesota invades Wisconsin (Ernest) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Wisconsin.

Supersoulty [10] rolls 3 dice: 6 3 3
Ernest [1] rolls 1 die: 3
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Supersoulty conquers Wisconsin and places 10 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Minnesota.

----------

Nevada invades Arizona (MAS117) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Arizona.

Supersoulty [8] rolls 3 dice: 6 3 1
MAS117 [1] rolls 1 die: 3
MAS117 loses 1 battalion

Supersoulty conquers Arizona and places 8 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Nevada.

----------

Provisional map
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #481 on: March 09, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »

Arizona---> New Mexico

Wisconsin---> Michigan
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #482 on: March 09, 2007, 03:36:34 PM »

Barring any terrible dice rolls for Super, I'd like to congratulate him on his win of Risk Capital II.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #483 on: March 09, 2007, 03:37:15 PM »

The end of your turn, not the end of the round.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #484 on: March 09, 2007, 03:37:15 PM »

That's correct, so I'm not entirely sure how any kind of retaliation from any other player would be of any importance.  The minute a player has taken their third capital (and they still hold their own), they've won.

Ummm... so basically I was wrong then, not right, since what I said was you had to hold onto them until the end fo that turn.  Okay... next time around, I think we shoudl set it up so that you have to hold them for a full turn, let alone until the end of the round
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #485 on: March 09, 2007, 04:00:55 PM »

Ummm... so basically I was wrong then, not right, since what I said was you had to hold onto them until the end fo that turn.  Okay... next time around, I think we shoudl set it up so that you have to hold them for a full turn, let alone until the end of the round

I thought it was a full round not until the end of your turn since that would make some sense, you know take the capitals and hold them. This is just too easy. If I had known that I would have gone for the win last turn.

Congrats Soulty on your win. I knew you'd win it all along that's why it was imperative that we gang up on you since you are the luckiest man alive. You always seem to win everything.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #486 on: March 09, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

I thought it was a full round not until the end of your turn since that would make some sense, you know take the capitals and hold them. This is just too easy. If I had known that I would have gone for the win last turn.
You know, it says in the opening post.
The last game also was over as soon as Everett had her capitals, and it was even easier back then because Canada was still in the game.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: March 09, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »

The last game also was over as soon as Everett had her capitals, and it was even easier back then because Canada was still in the game.

I thought that meant that you had to keep them for a full round. I read turn as a complete cycle of the game. I think that would add some dimension to the game.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #488 on: March 09, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »

I thought that meant that you had to keep them for a full round. I read turn as a complete cycle of the game. I think that would add some dimension to the game.
Well, you're right on that last part.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #489 on: March 09, 2007, 06:02:13 PM »

I don't understand what all the fuss is here. It's always been if you capture three capitals and you still have your own you win the game. Theres never been a time requirement. It's when you finish your turn or capture three.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #490 on: March 09, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »

I sort of suspected that a few of you had misunderstood/not read the rules, which is why I was so surprised that the game is still in play.  I really am starting to feel exasperated by all the complaining.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #491 on: March 09, 2007, 06:32:06 PM »

Arizona---> New Mexico

Wisconsin---> Michigan

Attacks (cont.)

Arizona invades New Mexico (MAS117) with 7 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend New Mexico.

Supersoulty [7] rolls 3 dice: 3 2 1
MAS117 [1] rolls 1 die: 4
Supersoulty loses 1 battalion

Supersoulty [6] rolls 3 dice: 6 6 4
MAS117 [1] rolls 1 die: 5
MAS117 loses 1 battalion

Supersoulty conquers New Mexico and places 6 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Arizona.

----------

Wisconsin invades Michigan (Ernest) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Michigan.

Supersoulty [9] rolls 3 dice: 3 2 2
Ernest [1] rolls 1 die: 1
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Supersoulty conquers Michigan and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Wisconsin.

----------

* General Supersoulty has captured General Lewis Trondheim's capital *
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #492 on: March 10, 2007, 02:17:59 AM »

Well... since I have found out that I can win this turn....

New Mexico---> Texas

Michigan---> Ohio

Sorry about the complaining Joe... you are doing a fine job... I guess I just need to acctually read the rules for once in my life.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #493 on: March 10, 2007, 05:45:08 AM »

Lol at all the confusion. It would take forever if someone had to hold four capitals till the end of his next turn. It would basically just be domination in that case, since no one would be able to do it without completely destroying everyone else.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #494 on: March 10, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »

Attacks (cont.)

New Mexico invades Texas (MAS117) with 5 battalions available to attack, while 4 battalions will defend Texas.

Supersoulty [5] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 2
MAS117 [4] rolls 2 dice: 6 1
Both armies lose 1 battalion each

Supersoulty [4] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 3
MAS117 [3] rolls 2 dice: 4 1
MAS117 loses 2 battalions

Supersoulty [4] rolls 3 dice: 3 3 1
MAS117 [1] rolls 1 die: 1
MAS117 loses 1 battalion

Supersoulty conquers Texas and places 4 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in New Mexico.

----------

* General Supersoulty has captured General MAS117's capital *

----------

* General MAS117 has lost control of the South region *

----------

Michigan invades Ohio (Ernest) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Ohio.

Supersoulty [8] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 4
Ernest [1] rolls 1 die: 1
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Supersoulty conquers Ohio and places 8 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Michigan.

----------

Provisional map
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #495 on: March 10, 2007, 10:09:13 AM »

Congrats on the win Super!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #496 on: March 10, 2007, 03:22:36 PM »

Yeah, him not winning now would take a major miracle.

See? See? I always said you were in the best position from the start! Tongue
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: March 10, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »

Sorry about complaining Joe you always do a wonderful job in hosting this Risk games.

Congrats on the win Soulty for real this time.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #498 on: March 11, 2007, 02:58:25 AM »

Ohio---> PA
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #499 on: March 11, 2007, 03:00:35 AM »

Instead of making Joe keep on waiting why dont you just march into NJ so we can end the game and Joe can take a break.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies