1st Parliament of South America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:57:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  1st Parliament of South America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1st Parliament of South America  (Read 34893 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: September 24, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »

First of all, I'd like to thank Speaker Barnes and all the honorable members of the Parliament of South America for this invitation. Speaker Barnes is a very nice person and I'm sure that with people like Barnes at the top of our governments, we'll be able to do great things for our nations and for relationship between our nations.

It's not a mystery that there are anti-Atlasians sentiments in South America, as there are anti-South American sentiments in Atlasia. But we can change that via starting a new process, that'll be the focus of my speech.

My speech will be centered on two milestones. First, let our games peacefully coexist. Second, establish good diplomatic relationship between our two countries.

Yes, honorable members, let our games peacefully coexists. That means Atlasia should let you to play your game and South America should let us to play our game.
I have a lot of respect toward your game. It's a different game than Atlasia. A different territory, a different government, different elections, different traditions. And I think that it's not a bad thing. Having different games on which people can play it's not a bad thing.
South America it's a different game than Atlasia, but this doesn't mean that people can't play in both games. There are already a lot of people playing both games. I think we should let this tradition of having people playing both games forward. So Atlasia will not approve any laws that impose Atlasians to not play here in South America. And I really hope that the Parliament I'm addressing today will do the same thing.
To me, letting our games peacefully coexists means to stay within our borders and not annexing bordering countries risking to provoke conflict. Some people in my country are proposing it, but I already stated my opposition to this project and I'm ready to do it again here.

We are two different countries and I think we should establish diplomatic relationship as two normal countries. This is a though issue in my country and it requires a clear debate, not actions from singles. I'm in favour of establish diplomatic relationship between Atlasia and South America and I can assure to you that I, as the other Senators, will push for that but all the federal government will be involved in this process.

Really, there isn't valid reason why both nations can't exist in peace and harmony, and establish good diplomatic relationship with one another. Maybe some of you, as some Atlasians, are skeptics about the necessity of having diplomatic relationship, but I think it would be an historic event.
In Atlasia, we leave the Secretary of External Affairs to handle with foreign politics, including relationships with the other countries. But it's all almost invented.
Now, both our countries can handle foreign politics with an existing, a playable country. This is an historic possibility and we should seize the opportunities of this situation.

The Senate of Atlasia is looking forward to establish an inter-parliamentary exchange and to grow relationship between our two legislative bodies and our two nations.
It's like a wall to be built. My visit and my address are a small brick and the visit and address of Speaker Barnes to the Atlasian Senate will be another small brick. Let's build this wall together.

Thank you.

From the gallery:  Bravo!  Bravo!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies