Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:27:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 307521 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »

Aren't voters removed if they miss three elections under current law?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »

Indeed, but we know goverment and it's way far too well to rest on that assumption alone.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »

Hey, Yankee, you know these kinds of things. Do I have to have the movers get everything out of my office when Nappy (or Tweed) swears in, or do I have to be done when Kal (pending confirmation) swears in?

I would say whenever you successor swears in, but I would be inclined to get another opinion on that before making any critical decisons if I were you.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »

Your office consisted of little more then a broom closet which you shared with Pingvin, why would you want to remember that "experience". Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »

I highly doubt that myself. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

For Jbrase because obviously, I enjoy pain. Tongue

I was actually going to introduce a compromised version of this amendment, but hey, debating the exact same thing over and over is fun, right kids? Tongue

I know, I wasn't expecting him to pm me asking to introduce that today though, and I never say no to such a respected constituent. Perhaps you could consult with him and see if he would be willing to ask me to withdraw it in favor of yours.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2012, 12:10:45 AM »

Perhaps you could consult with him and see if he would be willing to ask me to withdraw it in favor of yours.

By now I am just assuming you guys never got my pms. Go ahead an withdraw mine in favor of his.

Also Senator Wormy introduced articles of impeachment quite a while ago. Not that I am saying Fuzzy needs to be impeached, but that fact someone brought forward articles of impeachment and there is nothing being done about it is a huge sign that something is broken here. I highly suggest a senator introduce some amendment to the SoP to make sure impeachments, you know, actually happen when are supposed to in the future.

You mean amendment to the constitution? That is the only procedures for impeachments and it leaves it in the hands of the Chief Justice.

I think this is one instance where not having a two house legislature is inconvenient. We shouldn't proceed to trial whenever a Senator introduces articles of impeachement. Perhaps require passage of a Senate measure by some specified majority first.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2012, 06:05:15 AM »

This "Good Neighbor Resolution" contains several changes to the OSPR that I find to be troubling. Most of them seem to simply complicate the procedures unnecessarily as Senators can motion to table bills they find objectionable under current rules. To create a separate and more complex procedure for doing the same thing seems rather pointless.

The third modification is the one that is most disturbing. It modifies the explusion procedures in a way that would allow the the overwhelming majority of the Senate to gang up on and exterminate a lone wolf member. Currently, the expulsion procedures are shackled merely to an issue of competence only, that of innactivity. To expand it to a more vague standard with a possibly easy to manipulate procedure would be in my opinion, the greatest of mistakes. The voters determine who represents them and what views they have, not the oppressive tyranny of a majority seeking to silence opposition and dissent in what is supposed to be our "Great Deliberative Body".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:41 AM »

What is this dangerous faction you speak of? I am not aware of any situation that Atlasia would enter a war without the broad consensus of multiple parties as the occassions where one party has had the Presidency and an outright majority in the Senate are few and far between going back atleast to 2008 and probably all the way to 2004 when the Democrats controlled the entire game for a while.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »

Another minor change you might want to make is to replace the instances of "74 hours" with "72 hours" a much more common time requirement/period throughout the OSPR.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2012, 07:29:18 AM »

Scott, this is a bad place to be putting Leaves of Absence. The Standard procedure has been to create a thread for it. I didn't even see any of these in here, till just now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »

There is a scrolling issue on my computer that makes highligthing a single line diffulty on the bottom of long posts. Therefore, I have to use the old fashion methods to remove links and it must of been erased with the backspace somehow.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »

Most definately. In fact my greatest concern is that initial lack of success will discourage him, which would be most unfortunate. He is certainly pilling a lot on his plate and it is inevitable in a body that rejects many smaller items, that such large transformations will be a monumental undertaking for anyone.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2012, 12:49:51 AM »

Is there a special process for citizens to discuss issues with the committees? 

Just discuss whatever matter you want in the committee thread, we've had no time to plan ahead for these sorts of things. Just keep it on topic and don't disrupt the proceedings. If problems develop we can revise the policy as we go.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2012, 12:51:44 AM »

Also, you can be expect to be dragged before my committee in chains pretty soon, shua. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »

What would the senators think of selecting committee members during the lame-duck sessions so as to prevent last month's disaster from happening again? Tongue

We would have to alter all three resolutions and that open up the prospect of soon to be, but not yet Senators engaging in Senate business. Not that such is definitely a problem, but perhaps it should be avoided if possible.

I think we should amend the root resolution that I passed a few months ago to specify the voting procedures and time window by which it is to take place at the beginning of each Senate. That way we will know in advance what has to be done and won't have to struggle to find someone to count the votes. I was planning to introduce something to that effect today or tomorrow, with the idea that it be considered by the GOR, but events beyond my control have ruined tonight for me. I got sick and so did my computer. Tongue I can't access any of the stuff I have written for the purposes of the Senate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2012, 12:33:06 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2012, 12:34:56 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Articles of Impeachment against President Napoleon and SoFE homely:

In accordance with Article 1, Section 2 of the Atlasian Constitution, I propose that the Senate impeach the two above named individuals for official misconduct in the last election.

I only recently discovered (past week or so) that the Impeachment clarification Amendment failedi n the Pacific and the Midwest. Roll Eyes Remember those days when it was South that was difficult on all those amendmnets and how those smug bastids, some of them in those two regions, would mock and scorn the South? Tongue

Anyway, this means that the situation still stands as it did in June when Wormyguy tried to introduce impeachment articles, or simply, what the current constitution said. Basically the ball is in the Chief Justice's court here, from my reading of the appropriate section of the constitution.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2012, 12:36:55 AM »

Free refill ban:

1.) It shall be a criminal offence to offer a "flat rate" for any drink that contains sugar or alcohol. Listed prices must be valid for an exact quantity and be charged for any additional quantity.

2.) Violators will be fined an amount not to exceed $1,000 per offence.

Because of course, it is an absolute travesty those predatory drink vendors, forcing people at gun point to buy their drinks and then they have the absolute gaul to force them to take seconds. It's practically barbaric, BARBARIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2012, 12:17:35 AM »

I'm sorry, who the hell are you?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »

There is a minimum time of absention on its use of 14 days of consecutive absenteeism. We put that in there for fear JCPers would use it to boot out RPP Senators in a partisan fashion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:09 PM »

Okay Dukie and Mary, which one of you two idiots corrupted this page of this thread making it so that it jams my browser every time I tried to load it.

Marokai, did you withdraw the "Go to the Doctor Instead" bill? If you are going to withdraw bills use the damn strikethrough. Otherwise my noticeboard will lead me to the abyss of blankness and I don't know whether it was withdrawn or the post vanished (anyone remember Barnes' vote in June 2009, fun times!!! Tongue)

Nix, since the Dream act is going to pass most likely, do you still want "The Gardens of Dreams Act"?

And Duke, the Senate is not in dissarray and the only people who are talking about throwing Marokai out is peoples in yous own damn party, so dismount your high horse before I personally ensure that your precious Lindsay loses his primary, the same way "I gave" Marokai, Governor Kasich. Yes newbs, I am that evil! Evil Evil Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2012, 01:47:00 AM »

Just wanted to make sure.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2013, 05:37:23 AM »

Some useful Senate procedure - this may not be necessary, but I've noticed cases where we've had to include fixings of misspellings in amendments to bills and so on.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oakie, this power is already at the disposal of the PPT as all me predecessors (and successors) have used it. The only difference is, I usually am somewhat more cautious in its use, hence those cases you mention. IF changes need to be made, thne such should be in the form of an OSPR amendment, otherwise this will get forgotten about after a short time. I would be happy to assist you in alterating it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »

I'm just fan fingtastic, nothing but ice cream and gum drops over here... Tongue

Comedy aside, I have been better to be sure. Having multiple computers is wonderfull until you run into problems with getting their owners to cooperate with you, even when they are allegedly family and live in the same house.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2013, 09:57:44 PM »

I am getting pushed up against that 10:00 PM time again, so it may get pushed until after midnight.

Would it be wise to wait until after the Special Election or no?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies