Which MSNBC or Fox News personality is the most biased, toxic or uncharismatic?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:05:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which MSNBC or Fox News personality is the most biased, toxic or uncharismatic?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Which MSNBC or Fox News personality does more to hurt the brand of the network that they work for with their remarks and beliefs?
Al Sharpton

Rachel Maddow

Chris Matthews

Chris Hayes

Melissa Harris-Perry

Alex Wagner

Lawrence O'Donnell

Sean Hannity

Bill O'Reilly

Greta Van Susteren

Stuart Varney

Katie Pavlich

Charles Krauthammer

Bret Baier

Prof. Michael Eric Dyson

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Which MSNBC or Fox News personality is the most biased, toxic or uncharismatic?  (Read 7135 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »

The old times of Bill O'Reilly are gone? Common folks, this is such a terrible guy that it inspired Samuel Jackson's Character in the new Robocop reboot.
And that reboot failed at the box office. Wink
Everyone knew that. Maybe it's O'Reilly curse!
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »

All the racism against Al Sharpton is showing in this thread; people simply don't like an assertive black man who talks about black issues. While I will agree that he sometimes gets to cozy with thuggish elements, he is generally a great and effective voice of the black community.

It's racist not to say he is the worst. By virtually any metric, he is the most unscrupulous of the bunch. He abuses the power of religion. He makes himself wealthy off of his poor constituents. He hides from his tax obligations by using tactics that would make Gordon Gekko blush. He is unabashedly racist against white people, and he couldn't care less about the plight of Hispanics. The president refers to his ilk as "professional blacks".

It's time for society to turn these predators away.
All of that is opinion. Racist opinion, but opinion nonetheless.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »

Question to the OP: You do you know that he goes by Reverend Al Sharpton, right?

The most biased is probably Bill O'Reilly. This is the same guy who denied belonging to any party and wasted an entire interview he got with President Obama to criticize him for the failed launch of the ACA website and the "conspiracies" of Benghazi and the IRS. Of course, that was all done to appeal to his conservative base and ignore the issues just to attack Obama. He's almost like President Bush. He goes on and on never to actually make a point even when it matters most.

The most toxic no doubt is Sean Hannity. I just typed his name into Google and the first news piece that came up was attacking Obama for wearing a bike helmet, so......yeah.

And the most uncharismatic, Charles Krauthammer. He isn't as bad as O'Reilly or Hannity, but he is a very dull, depressing, and sometimes hard-to-hear, old guy.

I won't deny that Reverend Sharpton is a little bit biased himself, but at least he, as an African American, has reason to be so vocal and passionate in his motivations to preach. He's a Baptist minister (a church known for that kind of stuff) and a civil rights advocate and I don't blame him for bashing the Republicans as much as he does on his show considering how racist of a party they've become. I'm taking an African American History (1877-present) class now and I learn a lot in there and I do from him on things like voting rights, the Jordan Davis trial, and a lot of other issues like unfair imprisonment of black youth, Trayvon Martin, Antoinette Tuff, the list goes on and on, but he's a better guy than a lot of you guys make him out to be.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »

All cable news personalities on either side of the MSNBC/FOX coin are toxic pollutants and a cancer on the culture (literally normal).
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 12:14:50 AM »

The black guy and the lesbian currently have more votes than everyone else combined, certainly a telling result.

....that you will imply racism to give credence to your otherwise inconsequential observations?
You forgot the homophobia....
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 01:14:07 AM »

Voted O'Reilly. He and Sharpton should do a show together to see if their self-important race-baiting cartoonish toxicities neutralize each other or compound into the most amazing awfulness the world has ever seen.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 07:27:22 AM »

The most biased is probably Bill O'Reilly. This is the same guy who denied belonging to any party and wasted an entire interview he got with President Obama to criticize him for the failed launch of the ACA website and the "conspiracies" of Benghazi and the IRS. Of course, that was all done to appeal to his conservative base and ignore the issues just to attack Obama. He's almost like President Bush. He goes on and on never to actually make a point even when it matters most.

He also (twice) knowingly and falsely attributed Nazi war crimes to American soldiers to try to downplay atrocities committed by American soldiers in Iraq.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 07:30:47 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2014, 07:33:03 AM by ElectionsGuy »

Where's Ed Schultz?

I would say Sean Hannnity, Chris Matthews, and Al Sharpton are the most awful. O'Reilly though is not far behind, voted Matthews.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »

Sorry about that. I forgot Schultz. Would he be biased too?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 02:39:27 PM »

Hannity and its not even close. At least Al Sharpton literally fights for freedom.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »

Easy: Al Sharpton. Always have disliked him. Tongue

However, if you had included Ann Coulter, George Will and Rush Limbaugh, hell would freeze over from disgust. Compared to those three, Al Sharpton is an angel and not at all annoying.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2014, 04:07:19 PM by AggregateDemand »

However, if you had included Ann Coulter, George Will and Rush Limbaugh, hell would freeze over from disgust. Compared to those three, Al Sharpton is an angel and not at all annoying.

Do people realize that Al Sharpton is a rabid anti-semite? The man has used the media, including his own media platforms, to incite violence against the Jewish community. He quite literally recreated Kristal Nacht on the streets of New York, and quite a few hate-crimes and murders have resulted from the lynch mobs he organized. In the most notorious incident, one of his lieutenants burned down a Jewish business with the owners and himself inside because they evicted a black tenant to expand their business.

The man is practically a bonafide Nazi.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 04:22:41 PM »

Sorry about that. I forgot Schultz. Would he be biased too?

Its OK, but yes, he would probably top the list for being the most crazy and hackish pundit.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »

Do people realize that Al Sharpton is a rabid anti-semite? The man has used the media, including his own media platforms, to incite violence against the Jewish community. He quite literally recreated Kristal Nacht on the streets of New York, and quite a few hate-crimes and murders have resulted from the lynch mobs he organized. In the most notorious incident, one of his lieutenants burned down a Jewish business with the owners and himself inside because they evicted a black tenant to expand their business.

I'm not going to defend Al Sharpton's earlier career, because he truly was an anti-Semite and a generally, a fat idiot.  But, calling the Crown Heights riot "literraly Kristal Nacht" is ridiculous hyperbole. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »

Mr. Pollo is the dumbest new user.

It's clearly Al Sharpton for me, though Hannity and Matthews are not far behind.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »

In addition to Bedstuy rightfully mentioning the Kristal Nacht and Crown Heights comparison being bunk, he wasn't alone in the Crown Heights riot. David Dinkins had supported a radical culture amoungst the NYC ghetto population, so Sharpton, in an otherwise moderately bad influence, gave the spark that light the Black Panther gasoline that was Dinkins' New York.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »

I'm not going to defend Al Sharpton's earlier career, because he truly was an anti-Semite and a generally, a fat idiot.  But, calling the Crown Heights riot "literraly Kristal Nacht" is ridiculous hyperbole. 

Well, the police didn't join in the rampage so I suppose that is a differentiating factor.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 10:02:56 PM »

Okay, I'm now convinced you are confusing George Will with someone else. No one could seriously put him in the same category as Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, let alone Al Sharpton.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 10:28:30 PM »

Oh definitely Sean Hannity. He's a bigger flipper than Mitt...

2005: "Why are the Democrats so against national security? They want to repeal the Patriot Act, I mean we've got the Patriot Act, we've got the NSA. We're safer and it's ridiculous to question the use of these programs."

2013: "Big Brother is watching you! The NSA is SPYING on you and Obama is violating the 4th Amendment!!!!!"
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2014, 10:00:49 AM »

Charles Krauthammer is pretty sane.  As for the others, it's a close call.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 12:20:30 AM »
« Edited: March 17, 2014, 12:23:53 AM by Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin »

Hannity is by far the worst.

All the racism against Al Sharpton is showing in this thread; people simply don't like an assertive black man who talks about black issues. While I will agree that he sometimes gets to cozy with thuggish elements, he is generally a great and effective voice of the black community.
Sharpton and Hannity are the worst. Don't forget this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley [/url]. What a shining example of his character.
ajackson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 0.17

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2014, 02:14:02 AM »
« Edited: March 17, 2014, 02:16:17 AM by ajackson »

Rachel Maddow's vapid commentary and scandal obsessions makes her show a dismal watch, mind you I actually enjoy the Matthews show despite being center-right - so it's not ideological.

Realistically, all opinion programming is fairly awful as "news"...I prefer to look at it as entertainment.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2014, 10:27:51 AM »

You do realize everyone in this thread hates Sharpton right?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2014, 10:32:16 AM »

You do realize everyone in this thread hates Sharpton right?

Correct.  Sharpton is hated by the entire color/race/religious spectrum.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »

Hannity, and based upon our three criteria, Krauthammer needs to be mentioned. That guy really makes me cringe.

I don't hate Sharpton; he's a little over-the-top, but that's his gig and I don't hate him. Anybody remember "boo-berry pie?" LOL, loved that commercial.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies