Cuomo v. Teachout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:21:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cuomo v. Teachout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo v. Teachout  (Read 39083 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »

So imagine if before 2008 someone had said that in the next couple cycles an incumbent Democratic Governor of New York would get a primary challenge from the left, and the challenger would win a bunch of rural counties but the incumbent would get over 60% due to strength in NYC. Yeah unbelievable things do happen.

Still I'm happy with Teachout's result. At the very least it should put a final nail in the coffin of any Cuomo presidential ambitions especially since it served to highlight his right wing record.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »

Hawkins will be holding a campaign rally with Ralph Nader in NYC next weekend!

Very excited to attend! With Cuomo's campaign collapsing into farce, double digits is looking more and more attainable!

Yuck. This makes me consider switching my endorsement. Nader has caused more damage to this country than Cuomo ever will. Too bad Rent Is Too Damn High isn't an option.

That's why I never supported Hawkins. I'd vote for another joke party if I lived in NY.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:49:13 PM »

I went to a Nader rally for Jonathan Tasini at a bar one night. Got a nice buzz on while listening to him.

Sounds better than the Nader/Hawkins event that I attended at a UU church in Albany a few weeks ago. It featured a disquieting appearance by the Green congressional candidate for NY-21, who thinks that the government did 9/11. Sort of nipped any enthusiasm that I had for Hawkins' candidacy.

Are you surprised? The Green Party is an utterly terrible organization which should be obvious to anyone who's paid any attention to them or their candidates.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 10:07:03 PM »

Speaking of downballot greenies, should I vote Green or Working Families (i.e. Democrat) for Comptroller? I'm not even entirely sure what the Comptroller's job is. Obviously I'll be voting Hawkins for Governor and Schneiderman is and has been fantastic so I'll be voting WFP for AG.

A State Comptroller is basically the head of the state's finances and in charge of overseeing accounting and reporting. Go Democratic/WF.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies