Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:21:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Labor Party Standing Committee thread: Endorsement voting  (Read 86793 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »

If you win, I'll make sure that the Senate keeps you in check.

I'm not sure you understand the point of the ideas being floated.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »

I do, but I feel that we should focus on solving problems through conventional means.

Or even unconventional means that perhaps incorporate less radical forms of the better aspects of Tweedism. As someone who helped reenergize the Northeast Region under inactive governor Ghostwhite, I would like to also seek the Labor Party's endorsement. I think your party would appreciate my record of service and it is too soon to give up on the Atlasia we know and love.

As President Polnut acknowledged, temporary slumps happen. We can make the game fun. I enjoyed the series of close elections when the RPP and JCP were still around.

Thank you, Napoleon. While I'm still in support of Tweed and most of Tweedist thought I am not the boss of the Party and I of course remember your work in the Northeast, including your encouraging me to enter politics, with honor. I think we'll be proud to consider endorsing you as well as continuing to consider Tweed's ideas and methods.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »

Aye-aye!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »

Hey, I might be somewhat less able to be active in GOTV this time round than I expected on account of, uh, shall we say, emotional health issues. Would Antonio or Snowstalker mind handling this for the moment?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2012, 08:21:53 PM »

As many members as you can. I'd ask homelycooking for a members list if possible.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2012, 03:31:25 PM by Nathan »

More than okay. Scott's a great guy, and very reasonable and compassionate despite his somewhat neoliberal tendencies.

Thank you so much, Snowstalker. I really am very pressed in my life right now and I greatly appreciate your help.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »

How about 'Stand with the working Atlasian', with 'Stand with real left-wingers' kept in abeyance for joint Lib-Lab efforts or if there isn't a Liberal candidate or something? The 'real' in those situations is a bit of a meaningless buzzword but better use it that way than to sow discord between two parties that by rights should be two hands--the Liberals to advocate for responsible and sane business and the idea of an open and mutually respectful and tolerant society, us to advocate for the working class and for those not fortunate enough to be a part of it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »

Renam'd.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2012, 08:49:27 PM »

It's getting to the point where I don't feel comfortable with the idea of instructing or even recommending second preferences at all. Jesus Christ.

Of course Labor members should vote for Labor members but between Tweed and Napoleon I feel like there's the potential for a major Labor Left-Labor Right split that I'd really like to avoid.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2012, 09:43:29 PM »

Of course Labor members should vote for Labor members but between Tweed and Napoleon I feel like there's the potential for a major Labor Left-Labor Right split that I'd really like to avoid.
Absolutely. The left already has three candidates, and there's sure to be one or two more at this rate. If the right were to unite behind one well known user, they could blow us away. I'm afraid that this Senate election might be foreshadowing June.

I've yet to decide on a single candidate to support and/or endorse as I like bits and pieces of everyone's platform. After a few weeks, I suppose I'll stick with a single candidate.

All of the candidates of the left/center-left need to swallow their pride and absolutely resolve to second- and third-preference one another. Tweed, Napoleon, Snowstalker, this means all of you. Labor members, you too. Do not exhaust your ballots. Second-preference other leftists or at the very worst centrists.

There was a time when due to my personal rapport with Simfan I thought the Whigs were eminently possible to work with. There was even a time when I thought I might lead this party to occasionally side with them against the Liberals and Populares or whatever they're called now over certain pocketbook issues. That time has passed. The chairman of the Whig Party is a reactionary crypto-fascist and it's high time for all of us, Tweedists, Laborites, and Liberals alike, to pledge to do our level best whatever it takes to not let their candidate in come June.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2012, 11:45:01 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 11:48:50 PM by Nathan »

Apparently we need a new Vice-Chairman.

We also need to decide if we want a new Presidential candidate.

This midterm result was a f**king disgrace.

Not especially related, but for what it's worth, when I was supporting Tweed's more radical efforts I thought he had a better idea of what he was doing than he does. I've since been disabused of this notion
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2012, 11:54:35 PM »

There weren't even any Liberal candidates for Senate. It was entirely the fault of this party and its awful GOTV (February went much better than this), since I was mentally indisposed for a while and my proxies seem to have been nonexistent.

Cross-endorsing Napoleon increasingly strikes me as the wisest course of action but if we do that then we need to build up greater Senatorial and regional presence to avoid being marginalized or becoming the Liberals' slightly more economically populist ginger kid brother.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »

@Belgian: The Whig Chairman is the execrable Pingvin.

@Pyro: Yes, this election was a mess all around and it really wasn't anybody's fault as such. We need to be regrouping right now.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »

Well, no, but I don't see that it hurt.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »

For whatever it's worth, the dissolution inspired me to become active, and there are several other new active players for whom this seems to be the case as well. (Not that I've been around long enough to have much perspective.)

Same here.

I'm certainly enjoying it more.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 02:20:54 PM by Nathan »

I would like to take a caucus vote on cross-endorsing the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket.

In return, Napoleon has agreed to help us elect or reelect Labor candidates in seats where we have a shot at winning and recruit a broad slate of leftist and center-leftist members across the country to build a bench and serve as political operatives.

In essence, this vote is the first step towards a medium-term electoral nonaggression pact, while keeping our distinct Labor and Liberal party identities and platforms.

This vote begins immediately and will end in twenty-four hours' time or after either the Ayes or the Nays command a majority (11) of the whole caucus, whichever happens first.

We can discuss second preferences and finding a new Vice-Chairman after this.

VOTE ON ENDORSING NAPOLEON AND KALWEJT FOR PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT

[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »

I'm not sure it would do for the leader of one party to additionally be the deputy leader of another.

I'm entertaining thoughts of you for the position, actually.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »

Well, I appreciate the offer but Nathan is right. Sort of. Im actually the deputy leader of that other party.

Really? Who's the Liberal leader, then? I could've sworn it was you.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »

Well, I appreciate the offer but Nathan is right. Sort of. Im actually the deputy leader of that other party.

Really? Who's the Liberal leader, then? I could've sworn it was you.

Scott, which of course makes the confusion understandable.

One of the best things about the JCP dissolution is that now people can more easily distinguish me from you two. Tongue
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »

Thank you, Sbane. I at least would love to see you stay in the Senate.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2012, 01:16:36 PM »

I'm extending the vote another twenty-four hours. Jesus, people.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »

I wish to return to my spot as Vice Chair.

All right, we'll take that up after this vote.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:57 PM »

Voting has closed. The vote on endorsing the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket is 3 in favor, 2 opposed, 2 abstentions, and 13 not voting.

As such, the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket is tentatively endorsed, with official announcement if any to come later.

Shall we discuss the Vice-Chairmanship? Snowstalker is interested in resuming the position; I'd additionally like to nominate Alfred as a possibility. Is it the sense of the party that when Snowstalker briefly deregistered he in fact vacated the position?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

Hmm. Let's see what a few more people think.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »

Voting has closed. The vote on endorsing the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket is 3 in favor, 2 opposed, 2 abstentions, and 13 not voting.

quite a ringing endorsement.

Yeah. I'm very disappointed right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies