If lieberman votes Yes for Alito. What should democrats do with him.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:53:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If lieberman votes Yes for Alito. What should democrats do with him.  (Read 2374 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006, 08:07:34 PM »

Kill him! 

But not before ripping off his flesh and eating it before his children!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006, 09:07:44 PM »

Now if Lieberman votes Yes then i think the dems need to do something about it. So its time to put pressure on him.

Lieberman, Joseph I.- (D - CT)
706 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4041
Web Form: lieberman.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm?regarding=issue

If he votes yes, the Democrats should consider nominating him for president in 2008.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2006, 09:19:19 PM »

"The Democrats" can't do anything with him.  It is up to the people of Connecticut to judge Lieberman's record as a Senator.

If 'the Democrats' want to chase him out of the party, it's their loss, in any case.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 11:09:15 PM »

As one of the "good people of Connecticut", I suppose I should say something...............

I hope Lieberman votes no on Alito. Both Joe and Dodd voted yes on Roberts, which was good because he's really cool.

But even if Lieberman votes yes, its not like I'd be angry or something. I doubt that this Weicker thing will get off the ground.

I should mention to you guys that there have been several articles in the state media about Weicker's possible challenge, so people are starting to take notice.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 11:11:35 PM »

As one of the "good people of Connecticut", I suppose I should say something...............

I hope Lieberman votes no on Alito. Both Joe and Dodd voted yes on Roberts, which was good because he's really cool.

But even if Lieberman votes yes, its not like I'd be angry or something. I doubt that this Weicker thing will get off the ground.

I should mention to you guys that there have been several articles in the state media about Weicker's possible challenge, so people are starting to take notice.

The polls also show Weicker far, far behind Lieberman.  I don't think people have ever forgiven Weicker for the income tax.  Politics works that way sometimes.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 11:53:10 PM »

Please do something about it.  Tell him to switch parties and join the top of the ballot with the most popular Governor in America.  That'll really show us.

Honestly, I agree with you 100% Don.  I would love to see Lieberman in our party.  If the Democrats finally want to force him off the deep end, I would welcome him with open arms.  As far as I am concerned, he is the best Senator this country has right now.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 01:05:46 AM »

The polls also show Weicker far, far behind Lieberman.  I don't think people have ever forgiven Weicker for the income tax.  Politics works that way sometimes.

Dazzleman I don't think very many people remember the income tax change, that was over a decade ago. Almost every state has one now.

He's a good Senator, his rampant Bush-loving aside. Its very hard to defeat an incumbent one in a primary, as we saw in PA in '04)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 01:19:16 AM »

Please do something about it.  Tell him to switch parties and join the top of the ballot with the most popular Governor in America.  That'll really show us.

Honestly, I agree with you 100% Don.  I would love to see Lieberman in our party.  If the Democrats finally want to force him off the deep end, I would welcome him with open arms.  As far as I am concerned, he is the best Senator this country has right now.

Except the fact that he's an economic left winger.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 06:30:30 AM »

I think Democrats should hang him up-side down on a donkey and spit on him.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 08:41:36 AM »

"The Democrats" can't do anything with him.  It is up to the people of Connecticut to judge Lieberman's record as a Senator.

If 'the Democrats' want to chase him out of the party, it's their loss, in any case.

Ah, another great statement I agree with dazzleman. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies